• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which pokemon game did you have the most fun with?

Re: Which pokemon game did u have the most fun with?

Soul silver. It was like two games in one!

HGSS is only fun in the post-game.

The Johto part is very boring. =(

I probably had the most fun with Silver for the GBC. It was the first video game I owned and I miss having friends with copies of Pokémon who I could trade and battle with. Nowadays I rely on the GTS. :S

HeartGold for the Pokeathlon and then the Post-Game stuff. The Safari Zone is fun to mess around with cause of the possibilities of arranging the object and finding rarer Pokemon.

And then White cause I love doing battles in the Big Stadium and Small Court. There's always trainers there and it's good with training high level Pokemon.

Probably Silver. I had no idea there were 16 badges, so it felt like playing a whole new game. HG and SS were also great because there are so many pokes to catch.

I would have to go with Ruby. I liked the visual change from GSC. I can still remember the first time a cloud passed over a puddle of water. After that, there were lots of great little things like secret bases and contests. Even the water routes were ok (I liked water types at the time and lived by the beach).

Platinum would have to be a close second. I spent alot of time in that game too, but one thing that was better was the fact that more people I knew were also into Pokemon too. Ruby came out when I was in middle school which was a time when it was "uncool" for most people to play pokemon...

Soul silver :D because it was my first pokemon game, and it's still the best one to date.

I would say that I got the most enjoyment out of Pokemon Yellow. Even now, when I play the game it brings me enjoyment and I'm sure entirely why, but there you go.

I had the most fun with Heartgold because it had all of the epicness of Crystal and even more.

1. Two regions! I like how Mt. Silver was expanded and unlike the stripped down Kanto in GSC, they were able to include an almost full Kanto, complete with a Safari Zone (I know, technically it was Pal Park, but yeah.), and all of the sealed off places, like the Pewter museum of science (no matter if it is smaller :-(), Cerulean Cave, Seafoam Islands, etc. I just wish they could have put in a full sized Mt Moon and just tacked on Mt. Moon Square in on the top...

2. Same plot from GSC! It kept what made GSC great while adding to it. You can even catch both Lugia and Ho-oh, both of which are optional. It also kept the Crystal sidequest about the Unown

3. The new features! While I don't like the useless walking Pokemon one, I do like all of the new things included such as the Pokeathlon, The Johto Safari Zone, Sinjoh Ruins, the cave where you catch Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza, and the time-travel one where you meet Giovanni. Not to mention the "new" features in Kanto. These aren't technically new, because they were in RBY/FRLG, but they are new to GSC/HGSS. They are the ability to catch Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, etc.

Red, I still replay it regularly with various challenges and such.

Sapphire. I loved the secret bases, the graphics, music, the whole region, and everything about it!

Pokemon Red was my first game but in Leafgreen, Platinum and Heartgold i had most fun playing.

Colosseum: Perfect? Far from it. But I remember rereading those issues of Nintendo Power that contained any info about this game and being extremely psyched for it. The basic plot wasn't entirely new to the series (stop the antagonists and save the captured creatures), and it certainly wasn't to the world as a whole, but it was so different to me at the time.

• You play as a non-prepubescent character for the first time, and he's an ex-evil team member (regardless of what you believe his motivations for being on the team were, he was still affiliated with them for some time).
  • You build a team, but not with the main focus being personal glory and obtaining eight badges.
  • You travel around in a bitchin' hoverbike that logic says shouldn't be able to go anywhere, but you don't care because it looks badass, beats the bike you have in the main games, and you don't have to worry about being ambushed due to your inability to see a creature come at you in ankle-high grass.
  • And you get two starters instead of one, without any trading required.

Again, far from perfect (extremely limited number of 'Mons to choose from, purifying the legendaries and later 'Mons could be a pain in the ass, wondering why the main character didn't give his traveling mate some of the extra 'Mons he caught so she did something useful besides spot the Shadow Pokémon, I could go on), but I had a blast playing this game.

Honorable mentions:
Silver: My first main game. I had played on my cousin's every chance I got, and when the time came where I had my own copy to do whatever I pleased with at the age of 8, I was ecstatic (Stadium was my first Pokémon game ever, but you couldn't teach the rental Pokémon jack.) While I was far from the very best there ever was, it was a joy to play, and I look back on it fondly.

HeartGold: I was able to replay the adventures of my first region, but with new graphics and new additions! and unfortunately, a new updated PokéGear instead of a Vs Seeker. No Joey, I don't give a shit about your top percentage Rattata that you failed to notice has evolved awhile back. Curse my desire to get 100% completion for my phonebook. They even let you play the bgm from the original games to further the nostalgia trip. :D

Also, Voltorb Flip. Best Game Corner game evar. *shot*

For me, the game I had most fun with was definitely HeartGold. It had a good story and the best post-game in the series so far. I liked Johto and loved the revamped Kanto. There was so much to do: the Pokéathlon, messing with the Safari Zone, thr Gym Leader rematches, catching the various legendaries, exploring both full regions. It was great.

My second favourite would have to be Black, followed by Sapphire

Definitely Rumble Blast and Pokémon Snap. :)
Both were cool games!

Silver without a doubt. My best friend with her gold and I played through them together. We traded with each other all the time for breeding and just to give someone a pokemon they desired but could not find in our own game. We beat the elite four side by side the morning after a sleepover, did mystery gift all the time and I had beaten the elite four like 17 times and managed to get my three favorite pokemon to level 100(one of which, my dragonite my best friend caught for me because the dratini were being shy in my dragon cave).

I also loved the first gen though because of all the fun glitches to play with :D.

Either Soulsilver or Emerald. I'd play both like I'd just gotten them, every second.

Colosseum]

OMG YES. I thought I was going to be the only one that said this! I LOVED Colosseum so much! A lot of it was probably because I had absolutely no idea what was going to happen in the plot next. I can remember me and both of my brothers would try and play the same file at once, so we all had completely different teams of 6 pokemon, but mine ended up being the one we used to fight the final boss because my strategy was the best :) Suicune's Rain Dance + Plusle's Thunder, of course.

I will always remember Colosseum as one of the best pokemon games, second only to MAYBE Sapphire version because it was my first ever pokemon game

all of gen 3 and gen 4
firered is my first, ruby and emerals are my favs, diamond had over 400 hours, platnium was best in pre-gen 5 multiplayer (other than hg/ss), and i LOVED heartgold for everything (except story revisions and some of the msuic).

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom