• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which pokemon game did you have the most fun with?

I had a lot of fun with every Pokemon game I played. Maybe I had the most recent fun playing Crystal version, but it was too painful to know that the battery would run out any day now, and so I traded it in to a local game store. I liked the look of the classic sprites most of all, but I'm glad Bulbapedia preserves those.

I have a HeartGold, and I really like walking around with my Pokemon. And I like knowing that the save will last for a long time. That's where it beats Crystal for me, and it's probably the one I have the most fun with now.

Different ones for different reasons all stick out to me.

Blue, of course, as it was my first Pokemon game and going on your first Pokemon journey is an experience you only get once.

Pokemon Snap, while repetitive, I LOVED to pieces. I played it for hours on end when it first came out.

More recently, SoulSilver, as it got me back in to Pokemon again. It gave me that nostalgic feeling- it was something new, but yet, familiar somehow, and made me remember why I loved Pokemon so much in the first place even if I had let it slip away for a few years. I bought a DS just so I could play it when it came out.

But my favorite journey that I've been on was definitely when I started Black. Everything was so new and exciting, it was the most excited and fulfilling game I had played since I first picked up Blue as a kid :')

Emerald. First Pokemon game I've ever played. I have so many memories about that game, like jumping for joy when I got to Lilycove City, because this trainer on this one route kept beating me. And when I caught Rayquaza. And most importently, the totally overleveled Level 95 Blaziken I had. Ah... Good times...

For me it was HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I remember at the time when I realised I was going to be heading back to Kanto...my mind was blown.

They need more of that kind of thing in the future. Maybe in ten years time there'll be a never-ending Pokemon game. You start in Kanto and from there you can choose wherever you go out of all the regions until you've done them all, including Orange and Sevii Islands, maybe even Fiore as long as that jackass who's afraid of bugs doesnt come anywhere near me or I WILL kill him.

For the cheesy, nostalgic answer: I had the most fun with Blue because it came out while I was in elementary school and everyone was crazy for it. I used to pretend to be Rapidash during recess and one of my friends was Pikachu XD I remember trying to convince a girl to play as Articuno. I loved the glitches, the Pokemon, the gameplay, the weird rumors. My friend even traded a Mew to me.

But recently, my favorite game is Sapphire. Hoenn is my favorite region of all. I had so much fun with the Pokemon contests and put a lot of time into making secret bases. I like the towns most out of any game and it has my all-time favorite Pokemon, Absol, in it.

First Emerald, because I loved the fact that you got to go against two evil teams in that game, then SoulSilver because everything was a blast to me in that game. Finally, White because the sprites and animations just look so awesome and I love all of the improvements in the game.

first game i got was sapphire an i absolutely loved it expect a gave it way once i got a dsi and diamond Z:(

SoulSilver. It was the first pokémon game I played in ages (with the last one being freaking LeafGreen) and it made me get into Pokémon again, that thing I loved as a child. That's just a big factor, the nostalgia. It also made me get in touch with the fandom, something I will love it and be forever grateful for.

Pokemon Firered version, since I completed the ENTIRE Pokedex in that game and also because I found plenty of Shiny Pokemon in that game

Silver, I had a lot of fun when I was elementary
battling my friends a lot, trading, laughing at funny moments
this version just was just my all time favorite and I have a lot of memories with it

Probably Yellow, since it was my first one and I was around four or five. I didn't know how to read so it was a bit of a strange experience figuring out what to do lol. However I also had a lot of fun playing Gold, since I beat the game with only a level 70+ Feraligatr and a team full of weak things for the sake of using revives. But overall I think every Pokemon playthrough is fun. :p

My most fun game was Emerald, and that's solely because of its wicked battle frontier. It was such a great, fun challenge trying to tailor teams to beat the brains, that would still do well against the rest of the trainers. (That was also the only time when I had actual local friends who played Pokemon as well...)

Other than Emerald's battle frontier, though, the most fun overall game has to have been White.

Definetly Pokémon FireRed. Great storyline, great locations, my favourite generation and some kind of weird nostalgia (weird because I haven't played Red, Blue or Yellow, guess it's because season 1 in the anime is one of my favourite seasons and when I played FireRed I relived some memories and could do the adventuring on my own).

Diamond and Platinum, definitely. I've played them countless times.
Black comes in a close third.

I enjoyed Blue a lot when I was a kid as well.

SoulSilver. Just because you can tell they built the game for fun before they upgraded to 5th gen. I mean, you had the following Pokemon mechanic, the Pokeathlon, the quirky storyline of Johto, the nostalgic feel of the regions, a double region adventure and a chance to defeat Red. : D Whenever I play it, it feels like they just created it with enjoyment to be enjoyed.

Otherwise, I'd got for Emerald or PMD Blue. :)

My most fun game was Emerald, and that's solely because of its wicked battle frontier.
This~

Even though I would say that Pokemon Black (and White) is my favourite game in the whole series, the game I remember having the most fun with is a tie between Pokemon GSC, especially Crystal, and Pokemon Sapphire. How should I put this? When I was nine years old, Pokemon Gold and Silver was the event of my generation and then when Crystal came out I was thrilled because I finally had the chance to play as a girl. However the game I remember playing again, and again, and again, and again was Sapphire. At the time I just LOVED playing it. I had so much fun with those games. So much fun! I just loved the storyline.

Going to pick Leaf green for my combined play time on it of over 1500 hours (around a sixth of a year 0_o)., however I had more time now-a-days then I'm certain Black 2 would beat it eventually.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom