• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which pokemon game did you have the most fun with?

Definitely White 2. I feel the latest Generation V games have really taken storytelling in Pokemon to a new level. Black and White already tried their hand at perspective and a deeper story. But only after White 2 did I truly appreciate how deep that story went. (Love the Memory Link flashbacks, especially. They give a goodly bit more depth beyond the occasional NPC referencing what some child did '2 years ago'.)

Back in the day, crystal and silver were my favorites, of course. I could spend days playing crystal. But I have a feeling that White 2 will surpass my playtime on crystal in due time.

Platinum by far becuase it was the first game I started to become more competitive and played through the whole game. It was also before I spent a whole weekend planning out my team before it came out (White 2 ha). It was just fun to play. DP were good games, and all Platinum did was add to it. HGSS was more like fun games with cute features. B2W2 are really good so far and my hours are already at 100... I played 250 something in Platinum, but i really want the full ndex in this game, so I expect I'll get a ton more.

Definitely with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Ruby was the first Pokemon game I played with. I love Hoenn region and even the Pokemons, mostly Blaziken - I always choose it as my starter, because it evolves into a Fighting-type :D -, Altaria and Absol :D
But I enjoyed playing with FireRed and LeafGreen as well - for me, Kanto's 151 Pokemon will always be the bests :D I enjoy those little fights with Green as well, and I always catch Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres :D

I've not tried HeartGold/SoulSilver and D/P or B/W yet, so I haven't got any opinion yet :)

I had the most fun with HeartGold; the Pokéathalon, Battle Frontier, and Voltorb Flip consumed many an enjoyable hour with me.

Honestly, the Mystery Dungeon series. I feel they're the most engaging out of the rest of the games, because you literally "are" the character you control. I guess you can say the same for the main characters in the main series games, but there's no emotion coming from you, no words, no thoughts, no best friend or actual relationships.

Mine is definitely Pokemon Red the original. I got my first gameboy color when I got pokemon red when I was 7! The original three (red/blue/yellow) in the US are the best! I am currently playing Crystal and I would have to say it is my second favorite!

Wow I love the diverse answers here! I gotta say I love Heart Gold, I loved the regions art and that I didn't have to hold down run. I also like mom holding that mula for me. Hmm I also loved pokemon following you around. So cute!

I say B/W 2 is second even though I really don't like gen 5 pokemon designs at all, the cities are pretty, the story was great it felt short somehow though, and I liked making the movies.

Emerald. I LOVE THAT GAME! It was my first pokemon game as a kid, and Everything about it is just perfect!

AND It's got my favourite pokemon in it, Banette.

The original gold. It was the first Pokemon game I ever got. LOL I was such a noob i just used feraligator and a raticate all through the game haha XD

Main Series:

Either White or Emerald

White has a great story with great characters and Emerald's story just flows extremely well with me.

Spin-offs:

PMD2: Explorers of Time

Great and impacting story + really good dungeon crawler.

I'd have to say crystal, since it was the first game I played when I could finally understand the majority of the game. Like with previous games, my reading capabilities weren't the best since I was a little kid and all. Also Crystal started the choice as playing a female, and it also has one of my favorite designs for a female trainer.

I had a blast playing Black 2 and SoulSilver. In SS I loved having your pokemon walk behind you. Plus I really loved the music in that game. A lot of it just made me grin from how amazing it was. Black 2 was fun because of the story, and because it was the first gam where I actually planned my team out and am happy with every pokemon I picked.

Diamond deserves a mention because it was my first Pokemon game and I did have tons of fun playing it. :)

my top 3 are pokemon yellow,soulsilver/heartgold, and pokemon white/black
i loved my yellow game because i had pickachu..and it reminded me of the anime so much..and i liked the anime back then.

and then soulsilver and heartgold, basicly the same to me, may just be remakes of the crastal, but i love having my pokemon follow me around which was a huge deal to me., and i've always loved the story in that game, old or new, so i enjoyed it quite a bit,

then pokemon white/black was very nice, loved the new battle graphics and graphics in general, plus the design for the girl was better then the last game..and N was awesome, however i think graphics aren't everything..the plot felt rushed to me..like not enough of team plasma..which is why i'm looking forward to w/b 2 , but they also didn't have the pokemon following you anymore which made me feel lonely compared to soulsilver.

I had a blast playing Black 2 and SoulSilver. In SS I loved having your pokemon walk behind you. Plus I really loved the music in that game. A lot of it just made me grin from how amazing it was. Black 2 was fun because of the story, and because it was the first gam where I actually planned my team out and am happy with every pokemon I picked.

Diamond deserves a mention because it was my first Pokemon game and I did have tons of fun playing it. :)

Same here! (Kinda)
My first Pokemon game that got me a little into the move was FireRed. After that, Diamond had a big impact on me, and it was the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game to this day.

Probably a bit odd to hear, but Platimun and Pokemon Battle Revolution. My first Pokemon game was Leafgreen, but Platinum was the first one that truely made an impact on me. It was when I first learned about the competitive meta-game and how to EV train and breed IVs.

Pokemon Battle Revolution is also one of my favorites because it was the only way I could play online at the time because my parents didn't like the ideal of lowering our secruity setting just so I could play a handheld online. I liked the random Wi-Fi and beatting standard OU teams and Uber n00bs with my unconventional teams, (Hail team FTW) and I had some very epic battles on it.

Spin-off wise my favorite game would be PMD:Explorers of Sky. I like the story, and it's sound track is by far my favorite sound track of any video game ever. The fact that I can select two of my favorite Pokemon (Riolu and Vulpix) to be the main protagonist was also a really great bonus too.

A three-way tie between Emerald, Platinum, and White 2. Emerald combines what was great about Ruby/Saphire and blends it to together to form a great masterpiece of a game. I LOVED the contests. In Platinum, exploring the Distortion World was breathtaking, the corruption flowing about, time having no meaning, limitless space...and being able to walk on walls was fun, too. White 2 (and Black 2) brought Join Avenue, almost unlimited training opportunities, 300 Pokemon for the taking, and music that feels so awesome to battle along to.

The game I had the most fun playing was Black 2, with Gold right behind it. I've just beaten Black 2, and now I am doing all the post game stuff, like working my way through the Battle Tower to face Benga, fighting Colress for his Master Ball, and trying to get that Kyurem!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom