• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon game was best in your opinion?

Emerald, I've played it countless times and I still have tons of fun doing so. Platinum is my second favourite. Also FR and LG because I loved the original Kanto and was great to go through it and the new Sevii Isles on the GBA.

Black is honestly my favorite, for the storyline and just about everything else.
But I love Pokémon for how much I can enjoy playing my simple old Ruby game just as much as I can enjoy my Soulsilver or Black with all their fancy bells and whistles.

Soulsilver, or Silver where you can clone pokemon. I like the large game world, the many places you can fight pokemon and that you can rebattle trainers.

Pokemon Platinum, Heartgold, and Soulsilver are the best games imo becuase there is alot of stuff to do in them after beating the elite 4 and champion.

I was going to say that, but I'm content with the BW postgame stuff because there are at least some non-E4 trainer rematches, the Battle Subway, and training is good. Still anticipating that the Vs. Seeker is introduced in third version and Gym rematches return... I wouldn't mind a final battle with N in the postgame either. I think it'd be interesting.

And by the way, I love Rumble Blast.

The game I hold most dear, personally (or I would if I still had it) was silver. First, it introduced a lot of advances and innovative features in the pokemon games which still exist today. It managed to incorporate all this new stuff, new pokemon and 2 regions all on 1 gameboy colour cartridge. Seriously, that game was a revolution in pokemon. Plus it was the first game I had where I got to pick my starter pokemon (my previous game being pokemon yellow) I now have soul silver for the ds and everytime I play it, it fills me with nostalgia and transports me back to my childhood where my biggest concern in life was catching the legendary dogs. :)

You should add a poll!

I am a HG/SS fankid as well. My first game was gold version so I am maybe a LITTLE biased, but I think the walking pokémon, the pokéwalker, radio update, and amazing updated graphics on top of the dual regions with a lot of really great original pokémon made the two really fun. My only qualm is that I wish they would have remade Crystal along with it.

Either HeartGold or White, HG because it had lots of small improvements (walking Pokemon, not having to hold down B to run, Pokewalker, etc) and two regions to go through, so it lasted for longer, and White for a much better plot than the other games.

Main Series: tie between Platinum and White (Pt for the story and endless things you can do after game/White for the upgraded mechanics, especially the Exp. Pts system!)

Console Series: Gale of Darkness (great story and the whole shadow Pokemon thing is soooo fridge logic :3)

Handheld Side Series: PMD:EoS (amazing story! I actually cried, and it was interesting to see what a world was like without humans)

Remake: FireRed (while it is fairly barebones, the journey for someone who missed/skipped the 1st gen and played 2nd gen makes for some sweet nostalgia)

Honorable Mentions: Colo. for having a pretty kickass playable main character. HeartGold for the walking Pokemon mechanic and trying to get gamers to get up and get off that sofa. And lastly, Snap and Stadium, for just being something fun and different :3

I'd have to go with Emerald, no doubt. I like Emerald probably because it was my first game, and also because of the features like gym leader rematches, the best battle frontier ever :drool:, Match Call, fighting both teams in the correct locations, and the absolutely stunning cutscene with Rayquaza at Sootopolis City. A close second would be SoulSilver, as the things like walking Pokémon, double region feature, touch screen compatibility, official Safari Zone, and the Battle Frontier are all contributing factors to my opinion of it.

Probably SoulSilver for me. It was my first one that I completed-ish still working on the pokedex but getting closer

Emerald, followed closely by HeartGold / SoulSilver.

Doesn't really matter though, as I consider all main games to be excellent one way or another. (except for Black and White, 'cause they sucked)

Emerald for me. I loved everything about that game and played it countless times. Would then have to be Soul Silver as my second favorite.

The original Gold and Silver. It's impossible not to love, it was such a HUGE game. It was two whole regions! TWO!

Yellow, Platinum, both Mystery Dungeons.

Black/White would be on the list, except they still have the third version coming, which will make them descend the ranks as all third versions do to the original games.

My favorites have got to be Yellow and Emerald.

Yellow being my first game, I was crap when I started, but eventually became good. I got to start it all with Pikachu, which is still to this day quite unique. It was also full of fun glitches (which then made hacking easier and more fun) to take advantage of. You heard rumors of a Lv. 350 Mewtwo? Yeah, they were true.

Emerald was also a lot of fun for me, the graphics were pretty much an overhaul. I loved all the new Pokes, and when I first played Sapphire I messed up a lot.

I also really enjoyed Diamond though, and the most appealing thing about Soul Silver was walking Pokes.

Now, please forgive me for not mentioning BW, I'm yet to play. xD

I'd say HeartGold. It had very good graphics, an actually useful Pokémon contest type - Pokéathlon, extended post game and many great features.

In terms of main series games, I will say that Black and White are collectively the best games. I absolutely loved Team Plasma - they actually made players think. Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia is my favourite spin-off though.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom