• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon game was best in your opinion?

Main Series: HeartGold (and SoulSilver) Version, because it took everything I loved about the original G/S, like the region, Pokemon, and towns, and made it even better.

Spin-Off: Pokemon Puzzle League. Still waiting on a sequel with all the more recent anime characters, Advanced Generation and up. That's one addicting game, and my PARENTS even love it.

To this day, White (and Black; sorry Reshiram)

Spin-off wise, Puzzle League, which though minimal, continues to be fun years after I bought it. (puzzle games are one of my favorite game genres)

Yellow, Platinum, both Mystery Dungeons.

Erm, there are actually five Mystery Dungeon games lol. Red Rescue Team, Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Darkness, and Explorers of the Sky. xP

I've never played any of them myself though. Just not interested.

This tough one... I want to say Red, because it's the basis of every other game...but I'll have to go with either SoulSilver or White. Can't choose just one. They both have strong points.

Yellow, Platinum, both Mystery Dungeons.

Erm, there are actually five Mystery Dungeon games lol. Red Rescue Team, Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Darkness, and Explorers of the Sky. xP

I've never played any of them myself though. Just not interested.

Blue and Red are the same, except for platform. As for the other three, oh well. I meant both series, I guess, since the differences between Time, Darkness, and Sky are the same as a normal trio of main series games.

I want to say Black and White, I really do. The storyline is by far the best in the main series, and discovering only brand new Pokemon throughout was very exciting, but the main adventure was disappointingly short, and Unova is straightforward and bland compared to Sinnoh. I have to pick either Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver instead, because they don't feel as incomplete.

I have to say FRLG. I would say BW, but FRLG kept me playing the game again and again more times.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom