• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon game was best in your opinion?

Trainer Rosario

Reaction score
Hi, again! Today i ask your opinion on which Pokemon game was the best. So i think, Leafgreen/FireRed are the best in my opinion. I grew up playing those versions, since they were the ones that i ever got in my life. My starter was Squirtle, raised it to a blastoise Lv 80. and still today i play it and have a Venasaur Lv. 50 something.

Which was your first starter by the way? Enjoy Pokémon gaming my people!:lol:

Which was the best? For me it was Pokemon Black. Where else but Unova can you zip around the skies on the back of a giant robot? No words to describe that sort of awesome. (I've been waiting for a good giant robot type Pokemon for a long time. Black gave me Golurk, therefore it is awesome.)

I didn't know Golurk could fly! That's so interesting. Golurk sort of reminds me of Regice in a way. :'D
Wait? You can teach "Fly" to Golurk? !O:

Yeah, Golurk is shown flying in the Reshiram and Zekrom movies lol.

Anyway, I like Black and Platinum best equally. Black has an awesome story and region plus Reshiram and lots of awesome Pokemon. Platinum has the Poketch, Underground, another awesome region, the Distortion World, updated D/P graphics, and again, lots of awesome Pokemon. I also like Dawn and Hilda's designs best out of all the female character players. I think both are so pretty. I especially love Hilda's ponytail. She could've gotten a better name though...

I'm not sure of my first starter though. I think Bulbasaur. LeafGreen might have been the first Pokemon game I ever played. It was either that or Diamond, anyway. In Diamond, I picked Piplup, but I never finished. I played Pearl instead later, and again picked Piplup. I wanted to save Chimchar for the third version. x3

Pokemon Crystal will probably always be my favorite because it took what was my first game (Gold and Silver because I got them at the same time) and improved it. Heartgold and Soulsilver are my second favorites.

Edit: To be honest, I've loved all the main series games (a VERY rare feat for a game series BTW), but Gen II just has a special place for me

Last edited:
either Red or SoulSilver
starter for Red was Charmander and for SS was Totodile

Pokemon Black. It was my first game and my starter was cute Tepig :)
Also it has lots of great features, and it's big differences with White, like the last city before the elite 4 (can I say what that is or is it considered spoiler?). Great graphics. Also the fact that I wanted a pokemon, so I sent another one into the GTS, and the pokemon I got had the remaining effects of pokerus!!! So awesome!

Last edited:
Black even though I play my white more I think Black had a better exclusive area. I just love gen five.

Crystal. My first game ever was Silver, and Johto has always been my favorite region. Crystal just added stuff to Silver to make it better. HeartGold is my second, but Crystal is definitely #1.

Soulsilver, Platinum, and Black or White.
I remember playing my Gold version a long time ago and since I never had Silver, I decided to play Soulsilver first. I loved it! especially since my old games don't work anymore.. I loved Platinum because it was in Sinnoh (my favorite region), and it had Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, and the distortion world was cool! and a few other things. Black and White are just both awesome, I like certain things about each one more.

For me, HeartGold and White. I loved Gold, and HeartGold brought the Physical/Special split to it and other improvements. My starter was the same as it was in Gold, a Cyndaquil. White was great, I havn't enjoyed an original main series game as much as I have White, except for when I played Gold for the very first time. My starter was Oshawott.

Platinum will always be my favorite. It was the first Pokémon game I got for my DS Lite, and I fell in love with Pokémon again when playing it. I had Firered for my Gameboy, but it wasn't the greatest game I had ever played. My first starter would be Charmander... I loved it when it became Charizard, so I can at least use my Dragon-typed TM's!

Pokémon Black gets a special mention from me, for just being awesome. Great graphics, great story line, and great (albeit spooky at times) pokémon.

I'll go with heart gold and soul silver I feel luike theses were done amazingly well as remakes with the graphical update as well as the walking pokemion! I also really liked how they made such a large variety of pokemon available in the game. I don't think any other game has offered you as many without trading. The new safari zone which I really liked how you could attrack other pokemon by placing objects as well as playing radio stations to make different pokemon appear I thought was very creative. Also the cameos of gym leaders I found very cool and interesting.

Pokemon Black so far. It used to be FireRed, but Black blew me with it's awesome.

I've recently been playing all five generations again...I have to say, I'm surprised at how fun Emerld is being though.

Heartgold by a long way. It had everything a trainer like me would want: 2 of my fave regions, a battle frontier unlike that bloody white (and dont tell me that first 2 games have no frontier blah blah blah.), nice graphics, etc

But most importantly it had:
Walking mons

Walking mons

Walking mons.:yahoo::yahoo:

First starter was charmander in red..wish i had taken bulbasaur.

Crystal-my first Pokemon game. What I personally liked about the game was that it was very long. I remember starting as a complete noob in Pokemon games (I did have Pokemon TCG knowledge,but it wasn't of much help) and by the end of the game I became quite a good player. It was fun looking back on how much I developed in just one game and laughing at my beginner mistakes. My starter was a Cyndaquil.

My second favorites are Black/White and the reasons are contrary to those of Crystal. I entered Gen.V knowing most things from breeding for natures/IVs/shinies,EV training and the game still gave me that same noobish exploring thrill as I had to adapt to using only new Pokemon. Starter is a Snivy-I chose it as soon as the starters images were released to public.

Black and White are great too because they are more plot driven than previous games

my main problem (which is one of the factors that is keeping it from being my number one pair of games) is the fact that you had Rival battles after every single gym battle.

Last edited:
I think Black and White are the best ones. The plotline is strongest (the bad guy succeeds in capturing a legendary, for starters), the postgame is adequate (Trainer rematches present), the graphics are great, the Pokemon are enjoyable, and the training is easier but better, considering experience gaining is so epic that the gains in experience that are possible with these games were only possible by cheating before. It's quite relieving

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom