• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon Generation is thel Best Overall?

Which Generation is the Best Overall?

• Generation 1 (001-151)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Generation 2 (152-251)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Generation 3 (252-386)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Generation 4 (387-493)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Generation 5 (494-649)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratago

70% Critical Hit Rate
Reaction score
I'm curious to know the opinions of people on Bulbapedia about which Pokemon Generation is the best overall. To clarify, I don't mean the games themselves or their plot/stories, I mean the Pokemon introduced in each set. Your opinion can be based on stats, variety of types, cool designs, or whatever you think makes whichever generation the 'overall best'.
I'm holding something akin to a tournament on an extremely local level (since I have no car), with 5 rounds of competition, each using a single 'generation' of Pokemon. Everyone will make 5 teams of 6 Pokemon to be used in Single Battles. I'm hoping this will give more input when it happens, but it won't be for a few weeks. If this thread is actually popular, I'll post the results if anyone cares.
I personally think Gen 5 is the best, followed by 2. (Please refrain from 'Gen 5 sux' comments, I think I've heard them all.) I've been playing since Red (the first time), and I think that the newest generation has the best mix of types particularly the fact that there are more than 2 Dragon-types and (finally) some Bugs that aren't Heracross or Scyther that are worth using. It also features Braviary, which I think is the coolest design for a flying type in years, and Eviolite, which (in spite of sounding like a pediatric vitamin supplement) allows players to use unevolved forms of Pokemon with something akin to impunity. (I know Items weren't part of the original topic, but I think its significant because of its effect.)
Anyway, please comment and vote, but remember that Nostalgia Goggles are usually somewhat translucent at best, if not completely opaque.

Although I have been a Pokemon fan since the first Gameboy games and first season in the anime and could be accused of wearing nostalgia goggles, I have to say that the first 151 Pokemon in my opinion are the best. I thought the Sinnoh collection were cool too and in actual fact I think the Unova Dex is full of some really good Pokemon but I reckon a regional Dex should be judged mainly on its starters and its legends - For me, the Mew/Mewtwo story will never be beaten.

I find Generation III the best pokemon-wise. Mainly because it was my first generation and it came out with 2 pseudo-legendaries.

Interesting. So far the votes are pretty even. I'm actually surprised to see that Gen 2 has the least votes, but it is the smallest generation, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom