• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

which pokemon in legends arceus do you think makes no sense to be hostile?

shadowcelebi

Reaction score
so what are some pokemon in the game do you guys think make no sense to be hostile towards the player? i know this is a game that takes place before humans and pokemon had some kind of relationship with each other and feared pokemon at the time but even then, it still doesn't make much sense for some pokemon to be aggressive towards the player. keep in mind that this is excluding alpha pokemon as those make sense to be hostile. if you ask me, here are a few pokemon i think make no sense to be hostile.

buizel: nowhere in the pokedex is it mentioned to have aggressive behaviors. while it is based on a weasel, its also based on a river otter which i don't think are normally aggressive.

mothim: the pokedex mentions it drinking nectar from flowers and stealing honey, but never does it mention it having aggressive behaviors towards humans. its based on moths so they are normally harmless and the most they can do is eat your clothing made of cloth or cotton.

Ambipom: a pokemon mentioned in the pokedex at times where it likes humans and even rarely accepts them into their rings, turned into a hostile human hating pokemon. even back then the pokedex mentions that they would sometimes accept humans into their rings, so why are they even hostile when they see you?

drifloon: your playing as a teenager in the game who is around 15 years old so why are they attacking you if their goal is to kidnap children?

[just to be safe, i'm marking this as minor post game spoilers for this one request if you have a sword and shield save file]
shaymin: a pokemon that is mentioned to be shy in it's land form, acts very aggressively towards the player for no reason instead of running away outside of battle.

Last edited:
I get why Ursaring is aggressive towards the player, but I just don't see why Teddiursa is also aggressive to the player too. And no, I'm not basing this off its looks. If we take a look at real-life bears, the cubs are more often than not very cowardly, so Teddiursa should've actually been one of those Pokemon that runs away rather than attack.

Pardon my French but the heckin son of a gun, Paras and Parasect. No cicada (the bug they're based off of) are on sight for humans.
but aren't they pretty much zombies though? i'm no expert but i'm pretty sure the fungus would probably drive them into attacking anyone around them that isn't a Paras and Parasect

Last edited:
but aren't they pretty much zombies though? i'm no expert but i'm pretty sure the fungus would probably drive them into attacking anyone around them that isn't a Paras and Parasect
Exactly. They're far more akin to zombies than cicada. Paras and Parasect wanting you dead makes total sense.

I get why Ursaring is aggressive towards the player, but I just don't see why Teddiursa is also aggressive to the player too. And no, I'm not basing this off its looks. If we take a look at real-life bears, the cubs are more often than not very cowardly, so Teddiursa should've actually been one of those Pokemon that runs away rather than attack.
Teddi.jpg

Kadabra's thirst for human blood concerns me more than a little.
and often times, it's mentioned that this pokemon is possibly a kid thats been turned into one so if thats the case then...why would a former human be attacking another human?

Buizel I actually wasn’t too surprised about personally, but I think that’s just because it aways struck me as a feisty Pokemon.

Beautifly surprised me, I didn’t expect that one to come in swinging. Barboach too. I can’t remember off the top of my head if Nosepass were, but I think they were. If so, that’s surprising since they always looked like some little dudes chilling in one location… all facing the same direction. (A mass outbreak of Nosepass is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.)

I also wish more than Magikarp would come towards you, I think it’d be cute if some Petilils surrounded me instead of running away.

Buizel I actually wasn’t too surprised about personally, but I think that’s just because it aways struck me as a feisty Pokemon.
I think the most prominent Buizel in the anime making their debut as a mugger made me less surprised by that then I otherwise would have been.

Beautifly surprised me, I didn’t expect that one to come in swinging. Barboach too.
I was surprised too, but I checked bulbapedia eventually and it turns out several dex entries even from gen 3 mention that they're surprisingly aggressive.

Mothim. I guess they're out for blood and not pollen or whatever.
Golduck has no business being so aggressive. At least I never expected it to be.
Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade. I don't know if they really aggressive as a species or if I do something to trigger them but I never thought they'd try to kill me.

Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade. I don't know if they really aggressive as a species or if I do something to trigger them but I never thought they'd try to kill me.
Kirlia is also one of those pokemon that for some reason the game doesn't let you know that they are reacting to you in a hostile manner. what i mean is, normally there is this red "aura" that appears when a hostile pokemon spots you to let you know you got spotted. but thats not the case with Kirlia and you also don't get that icon at the top screen either. not sure if thats like a bug or something but stantler also has this issue. and i'm pretty sure there is only an alpha Gardevoir and alpha Gallade so...we can't be sure if they are actually hostile towards you in the game as none alphas.

Kirlia is also one of those pokemon that for some reason the game doesn't let you know that they are reacting to you in a hostile manner. what i mean is, normally there is this red "aura" that appears when a hostile pokemon spots you to let you know you got spotted. but thats not the case with Kirlia and you also don't get that icon at the top screen either. not sure if thats like a bug or something but stantler also has this issue. and i'm pretty sure there is only an alpha Gardevoir and alpha Gallade so...we can't be sure if they are actually hostile towards you in the game as none alphas.
I think those Pokémon launch one or two attacks then flee, and will try to run if put into a battle. They're sort of a middle ground between aggressive and skittish species.

I think those Pokémon launch one or two attacks then flee, and will try to run if put into a battle. They're sort of a middle ground between aggressive and skittish species.
oh really? i...never knew that behavior was even a thing. but still its kind of odd how these 2 pokemon attack you on sight, despite being somewhat far away. and i don't remember anything mentioning a stantler attacking humans. and the worst they can do is create illusions to scare you away, not attack you with psychic. you know...now that i mention it, they could of made it so it used an ability similar to double team that it can use to disorient you as it flees. missed opportunity right there.

I totally agree they're absolute nightmares in the early game.
They're kinda why I put genuine last-minute consideration into Rowlet for the starter once I heard about Paras's tyranny from reviews. Double Grass resistance, powder immunity, and 4x effective Flying moves all sound like strong deterrents. Eventually I just stuck to my guns with Cyndaquil while avoiding most Paras infestations until I had my totally broken early game Weavile.

Now something I have to note: Wild Riolu and Lucario were a lot more mellow than I expected. It actually got me a little sad because they're not this sociable in SWSH during the present day... What did we end up doing to this species that made them distrustful of people?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom