• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokémon region would you live in?

I would probably end up living in Orre or Unova (just 'cause I live in the US, and there's no better parallel to where I live); I'd want to live in Johto, though.

Hoenn is my favorite, but I have to say Sinnoh. Thinking realistically, I despise hot and humid climates like Hoenn. I love colder and drier climates, like Sinnoh's. So, I figure I'd probably live in Sinnoh, maybe a suburb (pretending they exist) of Jubilife or Veilstone. Kalos and Kanto would be nice too, though. It's just the colder weather of Sinnoh is very attractive to me.

I've got an interesting answer that comes from my headcanon: I'd love to live in this port city I made up that would be located nearby Sinnoh (because I love snow :3). It's called Solunar Port (solar and lunar put together), and it would be a giant, domed metropolis city with two floors and a bunch of beautiful lights, while outside the dome, it would harbor ships and such.

My creative mind, ladies and gentlemen. :p

I'm more towards nature compared to cities and such, so it's a tie between Johto and Hoenn. Johto because from the looks of it, a big part of it is basically forests, with the only big city being Goldenrod. Plus, the region is full of myths and legends, though Sinnoh definitely feels more mythical than Johto. In addition, Gold, Silver and Crystal were my most nostalgic Gameboy games while Heartgold and Silver focused on walking Pokemon mechanics, so those in-game features win Johto for me. The only downside I can think of is that there's no desert region. :/ As for specific location, I'd live in Ecruteak City because of how calm the location is.

As for Hoenn, a rather large part of it is the ocean. To put it simply, I love the thought of exploring vast seas and oceans. It's a shame that you can only find a select few Pokemon while diving. In addition, the quest to catch the Regi trio was a lot of fun to me. Thankfully, the region also has its fair share of land, which is also full of nature and various landscapes, with the volcano and desert areas being new additions in Gen III. I'd choose to live in Mossdeep City due to its location in the middle of the sea as well as the presence of the space station.

Hoenn for me, specifically Fortree City. The design of the city is pretty cool. People living in tree houses? Yes, please.

I always felt very at home in Unova, but Kalos is my favorite region. In my head it would be one of those things where I'm from one and spend a lot of time in the other... with frequent visits home, of course!

I technically live in real life Unova, but I would definitely live in Johto.

I would live in Sinnoh. I live in a more rural area of the US, with it being colder than others areas, and it is not exactly the flattest area of the world. Sinnoh seems like that to me. Plus, it's my favorite region!

I want to live in Hoenn because of the beaches. And I like shorts since they're comfy and easy to wear. Hoenn would be the perfect place to rock those shorts all year round :D

Hoenn is my favorite, but I have to say Sinnoh. Thinking realistically, I despise hot and humid climates like Hoenn.

I have the same problem. Hoenn is really awesome, but I would absolutely die in the humidity. It's just not livable for me, at least on mainland Hoenn. But the heat is less of a problem, so I'm still looking for that. There are quite a few cities which have a nice, cohesive aesthetic that I think would be amazing to live in:

-Sootopolis City, depending on what their situation is. Can I leave without diving underwater? I like to imagine a monorail taking you up over the crater to a small port on the outside. Presumably has a climate like Greece.

-Village Bridge, presumably has a climate like Italy. I would love to have one of the house-stores, a bakery in front and where I live either behind or above it! A big plus here is being able to leave easily for other places.

-Phenac City, which is one of the best-looking cities in my opinion. Everything about it is perfect, but my only concerns would be the heat if it's actually too much, and crime depending on what Orre is really like. And being trapped in the city by an endless ocean of sand. If there was a high speed train service connecting it to Gateon Port I would probably choose this place.

If we assume that my suggested infrastructure improvements DON'T exist, it looks like I'll be going to Village Bridge. And considering I am already imagining planting hanging ivy over the edge of the bridge off my small balcony, I think it's the overall winner too.

The Unova region because it is just astonishing and awesome place to be in.

My favourite region is Hoenn, but I doubt I would be able to live there. I can't stand the heat or the sun, so a tropical/warm climate would be a nightmare for me. I would probably like in Kalos (which is my second favourite region) because I assume it has a climate similar to France's. Sinnoh would be a pretty cool place to live as well.

Unova is America so it wins automatically for me.
Kalos would be second. It's a good region(Worst villains though)

Johto. It's such a rural, relaxing region with lots of charm and history, alongside many interesting landmarks and locations to visit. It'd be a lot less stressful than the city.

Hoenn is stunning and just calls out 'adventure!', but thinking realistically, with my poor heat/humidity/sun tolerance, I think I'd have to pick some place more moderate. 'Same goes for Orre with Phenac City and Gateon Port, but with the extra negative of having a worse crime problem. :unsure:

So I'd go with Johto and settle in Ecruteak, probably -- it seems temperate enough, has a quaint feel overall, a lot of history, and it also gives me fairly easy access to another region if I wanted a change of mood and scenery.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom