• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which pokemon series had the best fillers?

danh19

Reaction score
for me it has to be johto as irritating as the amount of fillers was they were generally really enjoyable either for the characters of the day the episode plot or the main characters interactions

While Johto had a great amount of fillers, most were just typically about bland COTDs, easily resolved TR schemes, and the conflict being solved at the end.

DP however, had some really strong fillers that stood out for me, like "For the Love of Meowth!", or "Jumping Rocket Ship!"' because though they shared similar reasons with the things I listed above, they're actually pretty enjoyable.

XY is also a high contender.

XY had pretty bland fillers mainly because I thought the group dynamic was so boring. Its a similar problem I'm starting to have with SM.

Kanto I have a soft spot for because so many of its fillers were pretty out there by today's standards. AG also had some pretty nice ones too.

Best Wishes.
For all its flaws, it had a bunch of interesting, unique filler episodes and interesting, colorful COTDs I wish we could've seen more of.

Runner up: Johto. Yes, there were a lot of snoozers, but I for one feel like we had more GOOD fillers than bad ones.

I'd go with OS, as Savage Ash is great. Johto, maybe but I don't hold it in high regards

On a similar note, SM is pretty much 95% filler at this point so that's gotta be my least favorite season by filler

Last edited:
On a similar note, SM is pretty much 95% filler at this point so that's gotta be my least favorite season by filler

That's a bit harsh. I'd say SM barely has any true fillers. Even episodes that aren't that eventful still have something worthwhile, even if it's subtle or short, or even if the episode still underwhelms (right, Sophocles?)

In hindsight, easily Johto. I remember being so bored with it and how agonizingly long it took. But look where we are now and Johto is the Golden Era (pun intended)

That's a bit harsh. I'd say SM barely has any true fillers. Even episodes that aren't that eventful still have something worthwhile, even if it's subtle or short, or even if the episode still underwhelms (right, Sophocles?)
I guess I am a bit too harsh, it's just because I still have no concrete idea what Ash's real goal in Alola is. Is it to graduate from the Pokemon school (what it originally was) or is it to clear all the trials. Literally they spend so much time outside of school that I'm doubting its the former

Gonna go with XY/Z because that's the only series I've seen every episode for and they managed to be quite interesting, ranging from an Espurr waiting for its owner to come back, only to find out she had passed away, to a robot fruitlessly planting trees in a desert because its creator wanted to liven up the place

Heck, even Jessie finding love was a heartwarming Filler episode

In the original Kanto saga, every episode is engaging and entertaining. Granted, it is the shortest saga (excluding the Orange Islands saga, which was literally a whole season of filler [not that it's bad as I love the Orange Islands Saga]), but I felt like every episode is worth watching, which I didn't get from any of the other seasons. It does move comparatively fast though, so there's that.

Johto had many good fillers. Of course, it's probably because it's the saga with most fillers...

Each series has its own set of beautiful filler episodes to boast of, so it was really difficult to pick one. However, I decided to choose the BW series after some exhausting thought, specifically for the unique, interesting and clearly creative filler episodes the series has under its name.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom