• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokémon type are you?

I reckon flying suits me, sometimes I get so caught up in seeking future experiences I forget to live in the present. Also some dark or dragon, just the part about ambition and wanting to do things well (sometimes to my detriment, like being disappointed if I don’t live up to my expectations).

So pokemon wise there’s Honchkrow/Yveltal and Dragonite/Salamence/Noivern etc. Can’t say I relate to the former two lol, maybe a bit to Salamence? Hard to identify with a pokemon tbh.

This was interesting, I'd say I'm poison/steel I guess :p. Although I could also see me as having some psychic, water, ice, ghost, or fairy

Apparently, last time I was testing I was Water/Ground or was it Ground/Water? Don't remember exactly. Don't feel like I am but not that I actually know how it feels to be a Pokemon (of that typing) so I just stopped caring or thinking about it.

Everyone here is a sucker for a good 'Which Pokémon are you?' quiz, but if you're like me you're never that convinced with the results; instead, I thought it would be interesting to have a crack at figuring out what we think of ourselves. I’ve worked up a list of personality traits associated with each type on the basis of the trainers of that type, along with the playstyles of the Pokémon themselves (easier said than done when two trainers of the same type can have wildly different personas!).

Let us know:
  • Which type(s) are you?
  • Have you picked up a different type over time?
  • Does your typing lead you to identify with a particular Pokémon?
  • Do you identify with a particular trainer of a particular type?
This list is very, very subjective, with huge degrees of overlap – you may only associate with the ‘good’ part of one type and only the ‘bad’ part of another, you may feel that you associate with six of the traits listed, or you may disagree with the characterisation entirely. If you have a different take on how the types can be applied to human personalities, by all means share it here!

Dark – Pragmatic and ambitious. At your best, there’s no tribulation you are unwilling to undertake to achieve your goals. At your worst, you progress in life at the expense of others and may even take pleasure in such.

Normal – Adaptable and flexible. At your best, you can try your hand at just about any experience life throws at you and you have a broad range of skills. At your worst, you have no truly deep expertise or definition of your own.

Fire – Passionate and bold. At your best, you are driven and care deeply about others and the world around you. At your worst, you are reckless, uncritical and let your emotions dictate your actions.

Electric – Energetic and enthusiastic. At your best, you are highly motivated and productive; you do not procrastinate. At your worst, you lack patience and are prone to slapdash work or ill-conceived decisions.

Rock – Tough and competitive. At your best, you achieve growth through challenge and are willing to fight to defend your ideals. At your worst, you are aggressive and uncomfortable when others do not rise to your competitive streak.

Water – Calm and cool. At your best, you are unperturbed by events and never stop moving and working effectively. At your worst, your antipathy can make you directionless, and your life may be dictated by the flow of others.

Grass – Optimistic and accommodating. At your best, you are perennially cheerful and help nurture others around you to grow through your positivity. At your worst, your benign worldview results in a lack of motivation and you are conflict-averse to the point of your own detriment.

Flying – Adventurous and thrill-seeking. At your best, you broaden your horizons and build personal growth through travel and new experiences. At your worst, you can lose sight of life’s fundamentals when chasing new highs.

Fairy – Imaginative and fanciful. At your best, your imagination grants you creative talent or the ability to rise above trivial problems. At your worst, your daydreaming can leave you with a willing obliviousness to real issues.

Ghost – Philosophical and reserved. At your best, you can use your connection to history and/or spiritualism to find and share wisdom. At your worst, you are intimidated by the present and struggle to relate to contemporary problems.

Fighting – Forthright and determined. At your best, you have no problem setting out into the world around you to right the wrongs and shape it as you see fit. At your worst, you can be self-righteous or bullying.

Bug – Curious and quick to learn. At your best, you learn, grow and pick up new skills faster than most. At your worst, you can be obsessive and react poorly to those not as invested in your interests.

Dragon – Confident and self-assured. At your best, your confidence leads you to seek excellence at everything you turn your hand to. At your worst, you are haughty and fail to understand those who don’t share your goals or sense of pride.

Psychic – Intellectual and high-minded. At your best, you are clever and can deploy your mind to plan for and dissect obstacles in your way. At your worst, you are snobbish and lack emotional intelligence.

Poison – Patient and collected. At your best, you are able to take your time and resolve issues through careful application of your skills. At your worst, your patience leaves you missing opportunities and neglecting your personal growth.

Ground – Sensible and level-headed. At your best, you are a font of good advice and see the world in clear terms. At your worst, you can be outdated or blunt in your approach to life and people.

Ice – Cold and dignified. At your best, you are always collected and able to resist the negative impulses of yourself and others. At your worst, you are perceived as being completely emotionless and lacking in empathy.

Steel – Enduring and unyielding. At your best, you have a mental fortitude unrivalled by others and can bear almost any burden. At your worst, you struggle to adapt to new ideas and may cling to personal dogma.
fire/fairy. neat!

Eh, I'm not 100% sure but I'm sticking with:
Water – Calm and cool. At your best, you are unperturbed by events and never stop moving and working effectively. At your worst, your antipathy can make you directionless, and your life may be dictated by the flow of others.
Fairy – Imaginative and fanciful. At your best, your imagination grants you creative talent or the ability to rise above trivial problems. At your worst, your daydreaming can leave you with a willing obliviousness to real issues.
Poison – Patient and collected. At your best, you are able to take your time and resolve issues through careful application of your skills. At your worst, your patience leaves you missing opportunities and neglecting your personal growth.

Hmm... I would pick Bug as I was quick to learn... ‍shrugs
I'm going to with Skrelp because I'm shy. lol I don't poison anyone
Idk as I don't remember trainers' personalities much but I choose Mina. Also, Ninja Boy, maybe as sometimes I just come to group and stand there until one of them notices me and is surprised then rest of them are shocked too. lol

why hello, I've come back over a year later to revisit my initial answer here!

Originally from April 2021:
Which type(s) are you?:
Steel/Rock! I think I'm mostly forbearing but am also pretty competitive about a lot of things, for better or for worse.
While I do still have the strong competitive streak of the Rock type, and I'll always be interested in a challenge... I think the way I go about that competitiveness is usually pretty mild. It's probably not the first thing I'd think of to tell someone when describing myself, because it's not at the forefront of my personality, and likely wouldn't immediately occur to me.

With that in mind, I'd say that I would now be a Steel/Poison type!
Steel – Enduring and unyielding. At your best, you have a mental fortitude unrivalled by others and can bear almost any burden. At your worst, you struggle to adapt to new ideas and may cling to personal dogma.

I guess there's some overlap between these two. I like to think I'm on the calmer side, and I'm in my element when I'm allowed to work slowly and make choices deliberately. I have no issue doing some things that might seem unbearably tedious to others! But on the other hand, I'm indeed very set in my ways, and I have a bad habit of waiting idly for things to happen in life without much direct action from me - which I know isn't ideal.

Of course, now I can't properly answer the question of "Does your typing lead you to identify with a particular Pokémon?"... because we still don't have a single Steel/Poison-type. (seriously, how?!?)
But let's say I was a Trainer specializing in both of those types - I'd want a Registeel and a Muk as my pure Steel and Poison partners. Klinklang and Ekans are also pretty cute.

I think I would want to be Main Type: Ghost and Secondary Type: Fairy. Because I have a rather dark (not flatout evil mind you) demeanor and like to stay hidden under the radar. Wonder if we see a Ghost/Fairy or Dark(Evil)/Fairy Type in Gen 9. Guess that has to wait to find out.

I think I would want to be Main Type: Ghost and Secondary Type: Fairy. Because I have a rather dark (not flatout evil mind you) demeanor and like to stay hidden under the radar. Wonder if we see a Ghost/Fairy or Dark(Evil)/Fairy Type in Gen 9. Guess that has to wait to find out.
I thought we already had a Dark/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy mon

Maybe we do, with so many mons I wouldn't know which one it is out of my head. But for that I can just check Bulbapedia though doesn't mean the ones that are there, necessarily are to my liking. Imma gonna check that out now.
The Impidimp line is Dark/Fairy IIRC. Can't remember Ghost/Fairy, though.
Mimikyu is ghost/fairy. I think it's the only one...?

I realize nobody cares about my rambling self-reflection, but I might as well do this for fun.

Which type(s) are you?
Psychic/Fairy. I've spent years creating various Fakemon versions of myself and when Fairy-type was revealed, this seemed to be the perfect combination. Even the various traits listed under Fairy-type in this thread suit me, though for Psychic-type, I think I'm more on the emotional side of things rather than the whole analytical supercomputer stereotype. Though I can definitely be aloof.
Like Orchid, I've come back to revisit my answer.

Take 2, commence!

Which type(s) are you?
I've come to the conclusion that I believe Psychic/Fire is more fitting. As I said in my previous post, I've spent years creating various Fakemon versions of myself and one of my earlier creations was of this typing, before the reveal of the Fairy-type. What changed, exactly?

Well, I still believe Psychic/Fairy suits me a lot. Probably more than Psychic/Fire, if I'm honest. But I feel a deeper connection to this type combination, because some of my most favorite Pokemon are Fire-types and before Fairy-type existed, I identified with Fire-types. Vulpix and Arcanine were my absolute favorite Pokemon back in childhood. And as I was thinking what Pokemon type I would use if I were a Gym Leader, I couldn't choose between Psychic and Fire, so I decided on both. Though Wyndon's excellent blurb about it does suit me:
Fire – Passionate and bold. At your best, you are driven and care deeply about others and the world around you. At your worst, you are reckless, uncritical and let your emotions dictate your actions.

Yeah, definitely me. I do fit into that stereotypical depiction of fire people being passionate and intensely emotional.

And I'll quote what I said before:
I realize nobody cares about my rambling self-reflection, but I might as well do this for fun.

Have you picked up a different type over time?
As Fairy did not exist in the past, I had Fakemon me as a Fire/Psychic-type to begin with. Partially, it was because that most of my favorite Pokemon were Fire-types, and red is my favorite color, so I thought it would fit better aesthetically to be a Fire-type. As well as the fact that out of the four classical elements, I usually go with Fire to associate myself with. Passion, flaming emotions, and all that were suitable.

That's the other reason.

I had to alter my Fakemon's design to reflect this. Now it's a Psychic/Fire alternate evo to Vulpix.

Have you picked up a different type over time?
In addition to considering Fire/Psychic and Psychic/Fairy, I did think about Grass/Normal because I had lower self-esteem as a teenager and didn't think I deserved to be my favorite types. I mean, Grass IS one of my favorite types and I do like it, but the Normal was tacked on because I viewed it as kind of an insult to myself. As in, I'm too plain to actually have a proper element.

In more recent times, I briefly thought about Ghost as a secondary typing because I wanted to go with a light/dark theme with Psychic/Ghost. But it just didn't fit me as much, even though I do have some bits of darkness within me I wanted to represent. I feel Fire can represent that darkness better as a rash out of control flame that can sometimes burn me out.

Does your typing lead you to identify with a particular Pokémon?
As I said before, I do identify with Fire-types a lot, particularly the Vulpix and Fennekin lines. Delphox is actually a Fire/Psychic fox, and you'd think I'd want to use it instead of inventing my own Fakemon, but I don't quite feel it. I more relate to Braixen, which is a pure Fire-type. I choose an original creation to represent myself though because a pre-existing Pokemon wouldn't embody all the features I want.

As for pure Psychic-types, Espeon and Meowstic are also ones I've identified with in the past and have used as Pokesonas at various points.

Do you identify with a particular trainer of a particular type?
It's still Valerie, even though she is a Fairy-type trainer. As I said, this is because she's from Johto and because she wants to become a Pokemon, which I find to be much more interesting than being a mere trainer in the Pokemon world.

I tend to identify more with Psychics or trainers of "mystical" Pokemon, like Hex Maniacs, if we're talking about types of trainers. I'd also go with Sabrina as another specific pick, because she wears a red outfit, has dark hair, and in the anime, her psychological issues are literally reflected through her powers. Which I feel is what might happen to me if I were a Psychic trainer.

After thinking about it, considering how Mimikyu holds a grudge against Pikachu and masking and hiding, it fits very well personality wise, doesn't mean I like it's design that much but if I was a Pokemon with the ones known so far, I would most likely be Mimikyu.

After thinking about it, considering how Mimikyu holds a grudge against Pikachu and masking and hiding, it fits very well personality wise, doesn't mean I like it's design that much but if I was a Pokemon with the ones known so far, I would most likely be Mimikyu.
It learns Thunderbolt, Thunder, and T-Wave.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom