• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

Well, I'll probably go similar to my original Emerald run through (which I still have the whole team wandering around between the 4th, 5th and 6th Gens).

Sceptile
Swellow
Torkoal (one of my favs)
Snorunt (If Frolass is available, I'll go for that, otherwise, Glalie)
Manectric

Still debating between Crawdaunt and Sharpedo... Maybe Milotic in the event Feebas can be found easier..

Mega Audino sounds pretty appealing right now...very likely I'll end up using that. Decisions, decisions...

Still debating between Crawdaunt and Sharpedo
I'll help with that decision. Use Sharpedo.

That's how I was leaning, Crawdaunt was my least favorite of my team..

May add Chimecho though, that little guy always piqued my interests.

I finally hashed out my team.

Flygon
Aggron
Crobat
Charizard- with mega y if i can manage it
Leavanny
Greninja- with protean

A round about team that should be able to take anything that is thrown at it.

mudik or milotic
amparos
leafteon or floges
ninetales
Hydreigon

Looks like I'm changing my team again.

Sceptile (Only good Hoenn starter IMO)
Sharpedo (Always wanted to use one)
Dustox/ Shedinja (I love their designs, and since this game is probably unfortunately going to be nerfed, I can actually use them. I hope and pray I get Dustox. Shedinja is only in case Wurmple screws up on me)
Probopass (So long as it can evolve, I can finally use this Pokemon)
Hariyama (Just realized it looks like a Goron, so I want to use it)
Regice (Always wanted to use one, and their movepool might actually be competent this game. I also have no problem using minor legends)

Last edited:

Do it! He's plenty good enough for in-game purposes! Once you get a Chimecho you never abandon him either, because it's such an adorable pokemon!

Also, Heal Bell can save you tons of money. Just get into some wild pokemon battle and use it, and then don't worry about buying Full Heals anymore! (Depending on how abundant money is in ORAS this may not matter)

Source: Chimecho is my favorite pokemon

Do it! He's plenty good enough for in-game purposes! Once you get a Chimecho you never abandon him either, because it's such an adorable pokemon!

Also, Heal Bell can save you tons of money. Just get into some wild pokemon battle and use it, and then don't worry about buying Full Heals anymore! (Depending on how abundant money is in ORAS this may not matter)

Source: Chimecho is my favorite pokemon

Oh, I used Chimecho at one point during my Emerald days. I think I still have that Chimecho somewhere too.

Anyway, I have to come up with a number of teams, as I have both games preordered. Still debating which game will be my main between all of the 6th Gen (though I'm assuming Ruby or Sapphire will have to be if Nintendo doesn't patch in the new Megas to XY). And then I have to figure out teams for the other not main Hoenn Remake.

I didn't really diversify in the 3rd Gen, any suggestions on things I more than likely missed anyone?

I think we're running M.Sceptile, Aggron, Altaria, Flygon, Wailord, and Torkoal. Classic Hoenn team.

I'm not sure of my full team, but so far, I've been thinking Sceptile, Mightyena, Altaria, Staraptor, Absol, & Lanturn. Not sure if I'll be able to get all of those, especially when I need them considering I slap HMs on my in game team, but I'll work with what I can get. Sceptile, Mightyena, & Staraptor are givens though. I'll need a Water type too, & while I'd like Lanturn, I'll probably take whatever Water type I can get that learns Surf.

I'm not sure of my full team, but so far, I've been thinking Sceptile, Mightyena, Altaria, Staraptor, Absol, & Lanturn. Not sure if I'll be able to get all of those, especially when I need them considering I slap HMs on my in game team, but I'll work with what I can get. Sceptile, Mightyena, & Staraptor are givens though. I'll need a Water type too, & while I'd like Lanturn, I'll probably take whatever Water type I can get that learns Surf.

I assume you're planning on trading over (or PokeBanking) a Starly/Starly egg or something for Staraptor?

I'm still pending on which starter to use. I'm hoping against hope that Sceptile's Mega Evolution will get a serious buff to its Attack stat, so it can actually utilize the Physical moves that make up over HALF OF ITS MOVEPOOL. As such, I'm going to wait until Mega Swampert and Sceptile's stats are announced. If I don't like either of them, I'll probably either go with Torchic, or take the route I took with Emerald the last dozen or so times I replayed it and just not use my starter.

As for the rest of my team, I'll most definitely be using a Flygon. It's basically my signature Pokémon (REALLY hoping you get a Mega Evolution, buddy).
I'm most likely going to use an Aggron and probably an Absol as well, because they're two more of my favorites. The last two slots on my team will probably end up being switched out on a regular basis, as I want to try and use a few Pokémon I've never used before, like Shiftry and Hariyama. And now that I've discovered that the Shiny Beldum giveaway will last until the new year, I'll probably be using it as well (I'm not going to be able to convince my dad to get me the game before Christmas).

Last edited:

I always trade 5-6 eggs to myself if I replay a game, so I get different pokemon than the last playthrough or am able to use pokemon I was not able to last time. This way, I will hatch them in the new game and they will have my OT (thus won't disobey at some point). I always check first if I can cover all HM's with the team Im going for, as I don't like swapping members for HM slaves. For the Hoenn remakes, I tried choosing pokemon from 3rd gen, pokemon I either really love or did not use before. For fun, Im trying to use all different pokeballs. My team will be:

Mudkip: Starter, and is able to Waterfall and Dive. Also, mega-evolution! Starter, so in a pokeball.
Tropius: Never used this one before, so giving it a try. Has Leaf Blade egg move, and will be able to learn Fly and Cut. Bred in a nest ball
Beldum: Love Metagross and looking forward to mega-evolving it. Can learn Strength. Might use the Shiny Event one. Otherwise bred in a luxury ball (caught in gen 4 swarm)
Jirachi: My favorite pokemon and it's 3rd gen! This can't be hatched, obviously, so Im using a lvl 5 event one. As such, it's in a Cherish Ball
Whismur: One of my 3rd gen favorites. Will be able to surf. Bred in a moon ball. (SS Hoenn sounds).
Castform: I really liked this guy in 3rd gen, but never really used it much. I will use this as the fire pokemon in my team (Sunny Day it is) and thus it will team up nicely with Tropius in doubles, as Tropius's abillities like the sun. Bred in a premier ball.

I can't wait till the release date!

Last edited:

I assume you're planning on trading over (or PokeBanking) a Starly/Starly egg or something for Staraptor?

Oh, shoot. Starly isn't the regional bird for Hoenn, is it? Ahh, this shows how much gen 3 I actually know, ahahaha. Replace Staraptor with whatever Hoenn's regional bird is that I can't remember for some reason, & there's my team.

I'd look it up, but I'm lazy. xD

Oh, shoot. Starly isn't the regional bird for Hoenn, is it? Ahh, this shows how much gen 3 I actually know, ahahaha. Replace Staraptor with whatever Hoenn's regional bird is that I can't remember for some reason, & there's my team.

Taillow/Swellow~

Taillow/Swellow~

That one, thank you! :D

Not deciding on my full team until the game comes out, but I know I'll be using Victini and Jirachi from the moment I can acces the Bank on OR.

For OR/AS I would be using a grass monotype only because I haven't done one before! Not sure which grass types would be added into the Hoenn map, but I'll probably alternate between each.

Definitely Aipom and Shiftry, love those babies

I'm going to trade over a couple of my shiny babies (my Abra and Espurr) from Pokemon X. I haven't trained them at all so they are level 1 and I can train them up early on in Sapphire. I also want to catch another wild Abra, lol.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom