• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

After restarting Ruby on my SP I think Im going to have a Surskit and a Dustox on my team.

I'm planning on doing a blind Nuzlocke but I do plan on having Treeko and Kyogre on my team. As for OR I do not yet know but I will probably have Swellow, Shiftry and Swampert.

Swampert-M
Medicham
Swellow
Nidoking
Vileplume/Bellossom
TBD

Sceptile-M
Slowbro
Machamp
Camerupt
Gardevoir
Skarmory

Right now it's shaping up like this:

Treecko
Ralts (shiny and obtained in a trade)
Pawniard
Golurk

The rest I'm not terribly sure about. But I'm going to need that Pawniard, as Mega Sceptile is part Dragon and I'll need someone to deal with Ice types, as well as the Fairies that are out there. As for Golurk, why the slag not? He's my spirit Pokemon; of course I'll have the big lug with me when I head back to Hoenn.

I've had my team sort of planned since I aimed for Pokemon Emerald so long ago. XD

1. Treeko.
2. Tailow
3. Feebas
4. Ralts
5. Torkoal
and............
6. I don't this one yet. XD

I have already started thinking of what Pokemon I want to use as my team in Alpha Sapphire.

1. Mudkip
2. Ralts (Has perfect 5 IV, I bread it the other day and it's male. It's already at level 22, so I'll give it an ever stone until I get a dawn stone. It'll be transferred through Pokebank)
3. Seedot
4. Mawile
5. Tailow or Starly (Transfer through Pokebank)

I don't know about the last one, hopefully I can get a fire type I like or bring it over through Pokebank.

And now for the eternal question: M-Gallade like Wally, or M-Gardevoir to crush that wanna-be knight?
tumblr_n9pjykKPK11r36bj2o3_75sq.gif

I'm thinking:

Mudkip
Poochyena
Taillow
Ralts
Beldum

And then my final slot is... up for grabs. I'll probably grab Slakoth and find a way to nullify Truant.

So far, still the only constants in my team are Mudkip and Shuppet. And I am definitely considering Ralts, but I dunno whether I'll go for M-Gallade or M-Gardevoir yet, as I haven't tried either

I'm also thinking about trying Surskit, as I've never trained one before

I think my main problem is that there's too many options I want to try XD So I can definitely see myself rotating team member and end up with a roster of 9 or so, plus a seperate team for Contests

Also wouldn't mind training a Chimeco, as I haven't used it in quite a while

Well, after much consideration, I think I've finally managed to decide on a Alpha Sapphire team, although it may be subject to change (Omega Ruby... still in progress). The problem is there are so many options to choose from, plus it's pretty safe to say that, seeing how Gallade and Dusknoir are in the games, later introduced Mons like Roserade and Froslass will also be present. That makes selecting just six very tough. But this is what I've decided on.

Blaziken
Gardevoir
Swellow
Roserade
Dusknoir
Walrein

I'm still debating, however, which Mon will end up my Mega Mon, as I have three options here: Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Manectric. Might end up being Gardevoir again, as my Mega Gardevoir in Y has proven to be a force to be reckoned with, which I'm quite proud of, and especially since I want a Wide Lens for my Blaziken (don't want High Jump Kick backfiring on me too frequently, if at all, so I want to limit that possibility). But, depending on how the Hoenn Dex looks like, I may end up with a larger rotation team. But at least these six will be the main team (at least for now). Omega Ruby team is still up in the air atm.

EDIT: Changed my mind. Seeing how I had not real tank Mon (Walrein is so-so in that department), I decided to swap out Manectric with Dusknoir, as it's defenses will serve me well (plus I've never used one, so I want to try it out).

Last edited:

After seeing Mega Gallade, I'm changing my Ralts. The shiny is female so I'll be breeding for a either a shiny or good IV male. I'll have to find a decent Fairy type to round out my team and the last slot is still up for grabs but for now, it seems pretty set.

Thinking of getting the gang back together. Blaziken, Electrode, Breloom, Magneton, Swellow, and Kecleon.

I'm thinking about using the following team:

Sceptile -- Lanturn -- Gardevoir -- Skarmory -- Ninetales -- Linoone

Re: What Pokemon will be in your team?

I'll be definitely including the shiny beldum they have on offer when you buy the game, so roughly I'd draft my team as:
-Sceptile
-Metagross
-Gallade
-Milotic
-Salamence
-Flygon

Although it'll could be difficult to aim towards from start to end.

Re: What Pokemon will be in your team?

I'll be definitely including the shiny beldum they have on offer when you buy the game, so roughly I'd draft my team as:
-Sceptile
-Metagross
-Gallade
-Milotic
-Salamence
-Flygon

Although it'll could be difficult to aim towards from start to end.

Holy shit that's basically exactly my perfect team. Maybe not Flygon since I've I don't like to have repeated types if I can help it.

Daaaaaang, have I not been on BMGf in so long or what? (please don't answer that question) So, I've posted here before, but that was before anything after Mega Sableye was revealed. 2 members have remained since my first: (I mean very first, before any Megas) Swampert and Gallade. I was even more excited to use Swampert than before after MSwampert was revealed. (MPokemon is how I refer to Megas) Gallade was changed to Gardevoir around Mid-July, but has now been switched back due to the reveal of MGallade. Wally and I will have a Gallade-off!! And of course, I'll use the Shiny Beldum the same way I used the Torchic/Blaziken in my X. (100 pre-E4 FTW!!!) That puts the final count at: MSwampert, Megagross,(because MMetagross is weird) and MGallade. What's weird is I haven't a Fire-type planned. And I can't use Skarmory. (Megagross) MCamerupt is just not something I want to use,(If I wanted to I couldn't, MSwampert) but I might use Dusknoir and Ninetales. (Playin' Omega Ruby) I SHALL NOT USE PGROUDON OR ANY OTHER LEGEND!! If not Ninetales, the maybe they'll have different Fire-types here. Of course, if I'm restricted to the Hoenn Dex's current Fire-types, then ya, Magcargo and Ninetales are my really only options. (already used Torkoal in Emerald) Putting it at MSwampert, Megagross, MGallade, Magcargo/Ninetales, Dusknoir, and one more. I'm thinking of using MAltaria, because I need a Flyer, Fairy, ('cause I lacked one in X and Y both) and Dragon would be helpful. Maybe I could use something else, like Roserade or Bellossom. Likely Bellossom, I used Roserade in Diamond. Now, I choose Dodrio, it has great Attack, so it'd be good with Fly, Aerial Ace, Drill Peck, Return, Acrobatics, and similar Physical STAB moves. And, of course, Acupressure. Putting the final count at: MSwampert, Megagross, MGallade, Magcargo/Ninetales, Dusknoir, and Dodrio. Wish me luck!

I have no idea yet, as I'm quite spontaneous in team building, but I will definitely be raising a male Ralts. Mega Gallade looks too awesome to not use.

I dunno... Definitely Mega Blaziken and a Flygon... Not sure what else though... I like Manetric enough...and Delcatty for in game...and Aggron. Breloom is also cool. Maybe Those guys... We'll see...

I'll probably use my usual Hoenn in game team during my first run.

Swampert
Gardevoir
Breloom
Manectric
Torkoal
Absol

Well, I usually pick one Pokemon for each Type and then switch them around as I feel the need. So I'm thinking:
Grass: Treecko - Grovyle - Sceptile
Water: Mudkip - Marshtomp - Swampert
Fire: Torchic - Combusken - Blaziken
Psychic: Beldum - Metang - Metagross
Steel: Aron - Lairon - Aggron
Electric: Elekid - Electabuzz - Electivire or Shinx - Luxio - Luxray or Elektrike - Manectric if all else fails
Normal: Teddiursa - Ursaring or Zangoose
Fighting: Mankey - Primeape or Riolu - Lucario or Pancham - Pangoro
Flying: Taillow - Swellow or Tropius or Rufflet - Braviary
Poison: Nidoran - Nidorino - Nidoking or Seviper
Ground: Phanpy - Donphan or Sandile - Krokorok - Krookodile
Rock: Larvitar - Pupitar - Tyranitar or Anorith - Armaldo
Ice: Swinub - Piloswine - Mamoswine or Cubchoo - Beartic
Bug: Heracross or Scyther
Dragon: Bagon - Shelgon - Salamence
Ghost: Sableye or Golett - Golurk or Phantump - Trevenant
Dark: Absol
Fairy: Togepi - Togetic - Togekiss or Ralts - Kirlia - Gardevoir

Still not completely sure, but a few so far I'm thinking about:

- Swampert
- Pikachu
- Wailord
- Metagross
- Armaldo
- Gallade

A few other possibilities:
-Lanturn
-Slowking
-Charizard (transferred from X)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom