• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

My OR team is still up in the air, but I'm definitely doing a water team for AS. My team will most likely be Swampert, Pelipper, Ludicolo, Azumarill, Crawdaunt, and Tentacruel. Gyarados will also be a part of the team for a good while so may as well give it an honorable mention.

I want to retool my team a bit to include some non Hoenn stuff. Here's what I'm thinking now:

Sceptile
Mightyena
Manectric
Camerupt
Lopunny
Skarmory

I don't plan on using this team competitively, so I'm not terribly worried about having to have multiple Megas (plus it'll make the game slightly more challenging if I have to choose between them).

Still wish I could swap out that Mightyena though, but I have no idea what to replace it with.

I'm still in the process of deciding which Pokemon I will use.

So far, I've decided on four.

Blaziken
Swellow
Gardevoir
Flygon.

I decided I didn't like my teams, so here are my updated teams:

OmegaRuby:
--Blaziken
--Gardevoir
--Tropius
--Flygon
--Froslass
--Kingdra
--Roserade (rotation)
--Altaria (rotation)
--Absol (rotation)

AlphaSapphire:
--Swampert
--Metagross
--Salamence
--Manectric
--Dusknoir
--Campert
--Mightyena (rotation)
--Gallade (rotation)
--Glalie (rotation)

I'm getting both games since they're coming out on my birthday.
Ha, ha ha! One of my best friends birthday's is the 21st!
unfortunately, they aren't a pokemon nerd(like me) they often tease me about this...

Anyway, back on topic, my team is set in stone for my original play-through, almost same team for my play through of emerald, all those years ago...
Metagross
Sceptile
Sharpedo
Gallade(originally it was Gardivoir)
Manectric
Armaldo

Armaldo is a personal favorite with an erratic leveling rate, boss in contests, as well as battles.

Now, as I just remembered that I preordered both games, I have to come up with a second team.

My main will be:

Sceptile
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Swellow
Glalie/Frolass
Chimecho

Probably will add in a bit of rotation, not sure on that as I've only started doing that as of late.

As for team 2, I just got a hold of 5IV, HA, Bullet Seed Shroomish yesterday, so, one of her kids is going to be used in my second team. So, I have:

Blaziken or Swampert, still haven't decided
Breloom
Metagross
Masquerain/Camerupt (depending upon starter choice)
?
?

In rotation:

?
?
?
?

Yea, a lot to figure out still, but, have a month to decide.

Swampert, Gardevoir, Swellow, Sharpedo, Glalie and Manectric. Would add Salamence and Metagross, but if RS is anything to go by, it's better to get them post-game.

For months I had a team in mind with Mudkip as my starter, but the demo changed my mind. So now I’m choosing Treecko, which makes my whole team this:

- Sceptile
- Beautifly/Dodrio
- Bellossom
- Luvdisc
- Camerupt
- Medicham

Beautifly will be switched out as soon as I catch Dodrio. And the Luvdisc I’ll be using will be a shiny one I caught in Y, as I just like the yellow one better. I also really like the shiny version of Medicham, so maybe I'll try to get a shiny Meditite with pokeradar in Platinum, if my patience will allow it...

Well, I think I will pick treeko to change things up a bit, plus I will be playing Alpha Sapphire. I usually always picked the fire type in the first version I received, than the water in the next and if applicable the grass in the third.

Treeko and its evolved forms, Absol or Mightyena, Gallade, and Aggron are some of my top choices for my team.

Almost definitely Mega Swampert & Swellow. And the a couple pokemon that take my fancy as I come upon them. I try to have a balanced team with few type overlaps. So maybe Cacturne and Camerupt, but who knows?

I haven't decided on my starter yet (I already used Treecko and I don't really like Mudkip or Torchic) and I'm actually debating transferring in a Turtwig and using that.
I know I'll have Camerupt, Tentacruel, and probably Altaria, but the other three are still up for grabs. I'll see what happens during the run.

My current plan:

Starter - Swampert
Beautifly (Rotate with Altaria and Wigglytuff as needed)
Torkoal (Rotate with Camerupt)
Raichu (Rotate with Magneton/Magnezone and Manectric)
Sableye (Rotate with Absol or Shiftry)
Breloom

Do we have any info on what pokemon we can catch in the regional pokedex? Because I wanna know what is available to me :)

Do we have any info on what pokemon we can catch in the regional pokedex? Because I wanna know what is available to me :)

Well, according to Serebii, the known dex numbers have been altered. And we know that Dusknoir and Froslass will be in the games (Phoebe of the E4 will use the former, as pre-released info has shown), so that means that, along with the original 202 Pokemon in the original Hoenn Dex, the new evos and pre-evos will be included. So basically, you can look up the original Hoenn Dex on the wikia (though it hasn't been updated yet in terms of things like type changes), and just remember to factor in the later released Mons as well (Roserade, Chingling, Magnezone, etc). So you can still use the original Hoenn Dex on the wikia for insight on your team building strategy, though the info may be subject to change. But it should give you a general idea of what to expect.

Thank you. :) I just hoped to see some of the new ones as well, but I guess I can just transfer from bank :)

As of now, it will be:

-Swampert: My original starter on emerald.
-Altaria: My flier on emerald, a pretty good Pokemon.
-Gallade: Mirrors my Gardevoir on my emerald team.
-Shiftry: I kinda like Nuzleaf, and with his type combination it will be pretty useful.
-Armaldo: I kinda like Anorith, and has a cool type combination.

I still don't know about the sixth member. My brother wants a fire type, but the ones in the Hoenn Dex are poor, and I want a Steel or ice type but they are either bad or appear very late.

- Swampert - As much as I love Blaziken, I love Swampert more. Can't wait to get to use its Mega evolution.
- Breloom - Easily my favorite Grass-type. It's served me well in the past, and I look forward to using it again.

Those are the only two definites. After that we have:
- Flygon? - An old favorite, and definitely something that I'd like to use, but it overlaps a bit with other Pokémon I'd like to try.
- Aggron? - I've always sort of liked Aggron, even though I've never used it. I'd miss out on getting the most out of its Mega though.
- Cradily? - I had Lileep in Sapphire, never did anything with it. If I recall it was kind of difficult to use, but I've always thought it was cool enough to warrant another shot.
- Camerupt? - I could use a Fire-type, and Camerupt's been useful in the past. Not sure I need another Ground-type though.
- Slaking? - Again, a Pokémon I've had a lot of success with in the past. It can be a pain to use, though.
- Shedinja/Ninjask? - They're cool, but I'm not sure about using them - I don't use Bug-types a lot, and Shedinja might be a bit limited by its somewhat gimmicky nature.
- Exploud? - Another old favorite, but it's not terribly strong - if I picked a Normal-type, Slaking would definitely be stronger, but less consistent.

Well, I changed my mind (once again). There are just so many good Hoenn Pokemon that it's hard to choose just six. So I've decided to go with a rotation tactic, at least in Alpha Sapphire. So here's my updated team, along with finally deciding on a Omega Ruby team:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

(Main)
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Swellow
Roserade
Milotic
Glalie

(Rotation)
Manectric
Swalot
Dusknoir

Omega Ruby Team:

Blaziken
Gardevoir
Shiftry
Banette
Flygon
Walrein

While it's probably subject to change again (especially OR), as many of these Pokemon are ones I haven't trained or not in a long time, this is what I've decided to do. I've also got their moves down as well (more or less), so I'll be (hopefully) ready to battle in the awesome Hoenn Region again.

If I had to guess for my team, it'd include, for now:

1. Blaziken
2. Glalie (from the demo)
3. Swellow
4. Manectric

That's all I've got, we'll see if it's all true...though since I already have a Manectric in Y, I should consider getting something else for an Electric-type.

OR: Sceptile, Torkoal, Aagron, Plusle, Corphish, Salamence
AS: Swampert, Gardevoir, Makuhita, Minun, Flygon, Cacturne

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom