• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

I think Bank will crash again, so I will keep my second 3DS and the other version [hopefully, I can use X version since I don't have the money to get both OR and AS on launch day] handy just in case, but if it doesn't, I will use Bank to pool all three starters into one save file and use all of them on my team.

so my team will be:
Swampert
Blaziken
Sceptile
Mega Glalie [from the demo]
Metagross [since it is my all time favorite pokemon]
Salamance [because I like dragons]

I don't care if it is a good team competitively or a horrible one. All I care for is whether they can beat the AI trainers.

My current team is:
Swampert
Aggron
Ludicolo/Azumarill
Altaria
Alakazam
??

I can't decide between Ludicolo and Azumarill... both are solid water types and have excellent coverage... the issue is, I intend to use my Swampert as a damage dealer, not a water HM slave, and if I run an Azumarill i would also use it as a physical attacker (huge power, waterfall, play rough, etc.) The problem with that is, I wouldn't have someone that can use surf well (Swampert would be physically based too.) That's why Ludicolo is good to me, because he could be specially based and also have a lot of coverage with access to ice beam. Plus, his ability to use STAB giga drain means he will pack a wallop what with all the water in Hoenn. I can't use both, though, because then I would have 3 water types on my team, and I want to keep it balanced.

For my last slot, i was thinking of using Banette, Mawile, Slaking, or Flygon. I've used all of them before except Banette and I've had great success.

Any tips for my last slot or any ideas to help me decide between Azumarill and Ludicolo?

So I've decided on at least some of the Pokémon for my OR team: Swampert, Roselia/Roserade, and Altaria.

I've also decided that I will train a Fairies & Dragons team in AS if I pick that up, which will include Sceptile, Azumarill, and Flygon (and maybe Altaria again).

That still leaves a lot of Pokémon I'm interested in using though--

Breloom
Ludicolo
Mawile
Gardevoir
Magneton
Shiftry
Sharpedo
Skarmory
Groudon
Blaziken

... Gaahhh. @__@;;

Hmm, decisions, decisions. As i already have both versions pre-ordered and paid off, i've decided to do a regional team in at least one, if not both. To clarify, by regional, i mean pokemon that were introduced with that region. For some reason regional teams just have this appeal for me.

As for the teams themselves, i've decided to use the team i wanted in the original ruby, which i never got to play, and probably wing it on sapphire.

Omega Ruby:
Blaziken
Grumpig
Swellow
Aggron
Sharpedo
Shiftry/Cacturne I'm trying to remember which i wanted for my team back then.

Alpha Sapphire:
Sceptile

I'm pretty much decided now. I'm going to run the first playthrough using only pokemon available in Omega Ruby, including gift pokemons (assuming the overall story is the same). I'm not going to transfer over my pokemon from Y version or Bank until I get to the first credits.

It will be:
Treecko -> Sceptile
Ralts -> Gardevoir or Gallade depending on the situation. Likely Gallade.
Tailow -> Swellow
Marill (Azurill) -> Azumarill
Castform
Shiny Beldum -> Shiny Metagross

Probably the most inefficient team, but I want to do it this way.

With soaring all but eliminating the need for a flying type, a lot more options have opened up for me. I know 4/6 I'll use for the E4, but I might wing it with the last 2 slots.

Let's see. Probably Flygon, Torkoal, Pidgeot/Swellow, Hariyama/Medicham, Swampert/Sharpedo, and Shiftry/Tropius.

I had this team planned out as soon as the games were announced
Sceptile (my 1st gen 3 starter)
Gallade (because mega)
Exploud (grew to like it this gen)
Crawdaunt (that one pokemon I never caught)
Camerupt (always wanted to use one, and mega)
Manectric (never used one)
I really wanted to do a Hoen-mon run, but... I decided against it once mega beedrill was announced, and through manectric out the window. went out of my way to get a shiny beedrill for the occasion.

My team's gonna be
Swampert/Sceptile/Blaziken/Glalie/Gardevoir/Aggron or Metagross. I want a team where everyone can Mega Evolve.

I've just beaten Norman, and my team is Grovyle, Mightyena, Masquerain and Numel. I'm currently in the middle of using the DexNav to find a Protean Kecleon, and my last slot will probably be Huntail.

Mightyena is definitely the star player so far, courtesy of Moxie and Play Rough.

I'm only just at Brawley's gym and so far I have

Treecko
Torchic
Beldum
Milotic
Taillow

Once I get further in, I'm gonna to get rid of Tailllow and add Duskull and Bagon.

I am very happy with my team currently. I am using: Swampert, Swellow, Breloom, Camerupt, Gardevoir, and Linoone as a HM slave (Cut/Strength/Rock Smash/Secret Power).

I've only been playing for two hours and my team is Mudkip, Fire Fang Poochyena, Shroomish (because Breloom is the best), and an HM Slave Zigzagoon. I originally caught a Tailow for that purpose, but I forgot that those can't learn cut. I'll also probably need a Surf slave later in the game (a Sharpedo, what with the 2x Surf speed).

My team's gonna be
Swampert/Sceptile/Blaziken/Glalie/Gardevoir/Aggron or Metagross. I want a team where everyone can Mega Evolve.
VSLysandre.png

But if one of them Mega evolves, the others cannot. When there is only one of something, it can't be shared. When something can't be shared, it will be fought over. And when something is fought over, some must survive without it. The only way to create a world where people live in beauty, a world without conflict or theft, is to reduce the number of living things.

Just beat the main story. Here's my final team with nicknames. Since this was an RS remake I used a Sapphire (Pokemon Adventures) naming theme. (Members with names ending in "o" are male and "a" are female.)

Sceptile: Treero
Mightyena: Yena
Manectric: Triko
Mawile: Mawa
Salamence: Baga
Walrein: Sealo

My final team was Blaziken, Breloooooooooooom, Chimecho, Gorebyss, Flygon, and Froslass.

Honorary 7th team member came surprisingly in the form of Pop Star Pikachu, who retired when Snorunt joined, but briefly joined one final time to show us her Strength through Victory Road~ My team's HM Slave Navigator, a Zigzagoon, also felt very much a part of the team, and she remained until Clamperl came to take the final slot~

Well since the games are finally released here in the next few days I've tried to finalise my teams. I am finding it hard choosing. I thought that I knew what I wanted to use, but I've realised that I don't.

Omega Ruby will be my main game because of Shiftry and Mawile. I am definite on using Shiftry, Mawile and Manectric on my team. Swampert + Torkoal are pretty likely choices too, though Camerupt is calling to me over Torkoal. Then I have Vigoroth, Wigglytuff, Roserade, Heracross, Medicham, Rhydon, Magneton, Chimecho, Sandslash, Solrock and Glalie that I want to use, but struggled to decide between them. I don't want to rotate either.

For now I've managed to narrow it down to these:
260MS.png
275MS.png
303MS.png
310MS.png
324MS.png
040MS.png
362MS.png
214MS.png

But I still need to cut two, which will be hard. I guess I'll just decide as I play.

In Alpha Sapphire I'll probably use a Seaking because with the DexNav I can catch a Lightning Rod one. I don't think I've ever used a Seaking, so it will be pretty fun. Sableye also (if I can get Prankster + Recover) will be on the team. But I don't plan on playing AS for quite a while; I'll be busy with my main game in OR, so I'm in no rush to decide on the team in this one.

also 9000th post

Current plan: Sceptile, Gallade, Shiny Metagross, Milotic, Torkoal, Mightyena. Only problem with this is how late Milotic is obtainable: I really don't want my Pokemon overlevelled by playing with a team of five. I might get a Manetric or something so I can have a full team by Fiery Path.

Vaguely related question: I can't soft reset to get IVs on my shiny Beldum, right? Is there anything apart from IVs that is not reversible, in order to make a competitive Pokemon? I haven't battled properly in ages.

I'm at Mossdeep City right now, and my team is Sceptile, Tentacruel, Claydol, Skarmory, Electrode, and Zangoose.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom