• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: What Pokemon will be in your team?

Since I'm going to get both games, I'm going to make two teams.

My OR team:
Blaziken
Mightyena
Ludicolo
Manetric
Salamence
Metagross

My AS team:
Swampert
Gardevoir
Sceptile
Flygon/Altaria
Medicham/Absol
Camperupt/Aggron

I'm mostly set on my OR team, but not so much on my AS team. I am considering trading over a Treecko from my X version to raise there, but I'm not quite sure about that. I'm leading more towards using Altaria over Flygon since I will be starting out with a Mudkip in that game either way. I'd kind of like to raise another Absol, but I'd also like to try raising a Medicham. Raising another Aggron would be good, but I'd like to have a Fire type Pokemon on my team. Both teams might change as we learn more about the games, but I do want to include both Pokemon I've raised in my original R/S/E, as well as some new ones. I had a Blaziken, Mightyena and Manetric in Ruby, a Swampert, Aggron in Sapphire and a Gardevoir and Salamence in Emerald. So, I'd like to have at some some of the Pokemon I've trained before, along with a few new ones.

Not sure yet, but right now I'm thinking:

Swampert (Bred from my original 2003 starter)
Blaziken
Swellow/Skarmory (probably switch to Salamence later in game if using Swellow)
Gardevoir
----
----

My main considerations at the moment for the remaining spots are: Manectric, Roserade (if available pre-E4), Swalot, Seviper, Cacturne, Sableye, Banette, Dusclops/Dusknoir (if available pre-E4), Absol, Froslass (if available pre-E4), Glalie, Armaldo, Cradily, and Aggron.

Gonna probably try to use only Hoenn Pokemon (including evolutions of Hoenn Pokemon introduced in Gen IV like Roserade if they're available in the main game, which I hope they are) besides the possibility of Skarmory.

For Omega Ruby (tentative and at a later date):

Considering: Sceptile (assuming I don't get one in AS), Walrein/other good water types, Torkoal/Camerupt, Flygon, Skarmory/Mawile, Medicham/Gallade, Pokemon I considered but didn't use in AS (seen above), and probably a few others.

Last edited:

I think unconsciously I'll pick my first Ruby team, but these are the ones I think will make it:
-Swampert
-Gardevoir
-Flygon
-manectric
-ninetales
-breloom

This is tentative since I might totally change it while I play, I'm that indecisive~ (can't blame me, there are too many good 'mons in Hoenn).

I'll try to reincarnate my Emerald team:

Sceptile
Gardevoir
Flygon
Swellow
Aggron
Castform

Sceptile
Azumarill
Sharpedo

And im not sure on the other three. Probably Swellow, an Electric type and an hm slave

If I could remember my original Sapphire team better, I would actively try to recreate it, but alas

But I will definitely get Mudkip as a starter, and I think I will rotate my team, using favourites so:
-Swampert
-Banette
-Gardevoir
-Grumpig
-Flygon
-Mawile
-Roselia
-Absol
-Snorunt/Froslass

I realise I could probably have some better type coverage, but these are simply Pokémon I predict I will definitely use at some point in the game

Blaziken
Metagross
Flygon
Shiftry/Ludicolo(depending on if they are version exclusive)
Crawdaunt
Glaile

I think I will go with this.

Aside from Swampert, I have no idea
I'll just see what interesting Pokémon I encounter I guess

Blaziken (obvious)
Gallade* (I have an UT Shiny male Ralts ready that I'll send over)
Ludicolo (I like it, and both Grass/Water, very handy)
Aggron
Salamence
Glalie

The last three I just really like. Well, this is my tentative team, but it might all change once we get more info about availability and the possibility of an expanded dex.

Other than Swampert it's whatever. I know I want breloom but since I'm sure there will be new stat changes and such my team will be subject to constant change.

Good luck finding one in Hoenn. I'm not doing that again.

I really can't plan out my team yet, but it's going to be difficult because I refuse to train more of Pokemon I'm already attached to from other games. A lot of those are early Hoenn species. Maybe a Sableye and a Tropius, and I'd like to train either a Huntail or a Gorebyss.

Tentatively, I pick:

Swampert: Favorite starter, even with out the "I herd u lie k mudkipz"
Tropius: It's awesome, and covers two major types I use on my team.
Camerupt: never used him, and want to give him a whirl.
Mightyena: Never used, seems like a solid dark type.
Aggron: Awesome Steel type, has Mega Evolution.
Gardevoir: Very useful, has Mega Evolution, and is part Fairy.

On standby will likely be:
Zizagoon's evo: Slave
Tentacool: Slave
Banette: Mega evo, awesome Ghost Type
Spheal: ALL OF THE HUGS, plus slave
and Electrode: decent Electric.

Blaziken and Groudon are a must for me. I'm sure I'd catch a Wailmer/Wailord as my surfing Pokémon, Duskull/Dusclops would be my Ghost type Pokémon, and of course I'd want whatever Gen 1/Gen 2 Pokémon I can catch in Hoenn.

It will depend of which new mega evolutions we will get (or not) in the remakes, but at the moment, I think my team will be:

Altaria
Froslass (if evolving into post-Gen III Pokémon isn't locked until the post-game)
Milotic (if finding Feebas is somehow easier)
Mawile
Gardevoir (main Pokémon)

Not sure about the sixth Pokémon yet. Gorebyss, perhaps? I never used one in these eleven years of RS. Or maybe I should transfer a Fennekin egg.

If anyone can, they can take their team from their first/current playthrough of RS, and bring them over to use again as their team in OR/AS. I might do this if I can find my Ruby or Sapphire.

If I can't, I'll most likely use Gen 3 Pokemon, with Swampert as my starter.

Of the two versions, I am considering the Ruby one, so that means I would want to take advantage of some version exclusives.

There's the starter. I view Blaziken as my go-to Hoenn starter, because it has enormous potential.

I would probably want to see how Shiftry would fare. Hopefully it learns better moves or gain access to better TMs, because right not it doesn't look too good. If not, then probably Mawile.

Another Pokemon I would like to use is Ninjask/Shedinja. In theory, they have an advantage in battle because of their unique properties (Ninjask passes Speed while Shedinja is immune to lots of stuff) that would make them great in-game.

Another one would probably be Walrein. It's obtained late, but I could deal with that.

Another might be Donphan.

That's assuming that the PokeDex doesn't change. I would make changes if there are, because I would want at least one other Ghost in the team.

Thanks for reading.

Well it all depends, if we'll see remakes with post-Gen III pokemon or remakes with only pokemon native to Hoenn. If it will be the latter I think I'll go with something like this for my main play through:

- Swampert (starter)
- Breloom (awesome type combo)
- Camerupt (I never used one but I always thought it was a cool pokemon)
- Glalie
- Altaria
- Aggron
- Raichu (I'm not a big fan of Manectric, sorry)
- Masquerain
- Sharpedo
- Crobat (my one in Ruby evolved right before the battle with Maxie, making it an even better battle)
- Rhydon

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom