• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

I hadnt considered the introduction of fairy types when i made my first considerations on this topic, but heres a list of what i may include in my team:
Sceptile
Slaking
Tentacruel
Manectric
Flygon
Swellow
Swampert
Ludicolo
Aggron
Gardevoir/Gallade
Machamp
Alakazam
Absol
Altaria
Azumarill

Now, i have used most of these in previous games and i really had good times with these pokemon. Im leaning towards choosing Treecko atm just because hes the only Hoenn starter i never got around to using, and because his mega is badass. I also like the idea of a dragon starter ;)

Any suggestions? Tips? Ideas? Im here to get second opinions so any comments are helpful

For Omega Ruby:

Sceptile
Taillow
Absol
Kadabra

That's gonna be my team since Ruby. Sounds hopeless but it can beat the champion with this.

I'm pretty much set on Swampert, Breloom, Swellow, and Gardevoir. Still unsure who else I'll end up using. I like dual-types, so long as I don't end up repeating a type in my roster. If anyone has any suggestions then I'm totally willing to hear you out.

Swampert
Mightyena
Swellow
Ninjask
Crawdaunt
Aggron/Salamence

Well for sure I'm gonna have a nincada, so that means ninjask and shedinja, but the other slots really depend on what new megas are announced. Also slaking.

I used Sableye in Y, so I was gonna take a break from it, but its new Mega is making me seriously reconsider that.

As of this post I'm thinking Sceptile, Milotic,Manectric, Gardevoir, Flygon, and either Torkoal/Camerupt/Absol in the last slot.

I think I will roll with:

Mawile (Mega Mawile)
Froslass (if Snorunt's evolution to Froslass isn't locked until post-game)
Raichu
Azumarill
Altaria
Sableye/Banette

The only Pokemon I remember clearly having on my original team was my Lv 100 Sceptile. I however lost my Ruby cartridge so I used a new Sceptile in my B2 and now have an all new Lv 100 Sceptile friend! I used Blaziken in my X run through so there's only really one Pokemon that I have left to try out. I was originally going to go with an all Hoenn team, but then I -discovered my great love for Riolu/Lucario and so now I've decided to trade over an egg (if I can) with a Riolu that has some egg moves to use basically as my starter #1 and then have Mudkip as my starter #2-. My team will prolly end up looking like this tho:

Galvantula(the only one I'm gonna trade over to get early)
Swampert
Sableye
Torkoal
Metagross(Shiny from the distribution)
Flygon

Last edited:

If Camerupt or somefin gets a cool mega evo I'll consider using that too. Camerupt in particular, I could stand to give more fire-types a shot...the only non starter fire-types I've ever used in-game are Flareon and Heatmor.

So, the list so far is:

-Starter 1
-Starer 2
-Sharpedo (mega pls??)
-Cacturne
-Delcatty
-Magcargo
-Sableye (maybe)
-Somefin else that gets a new mega (maybe)

I guess I'd separate the teams into something like....

Sapphire:
-Sceptile/Swampert
-Sharpedo
-Magcargo
-???
-???
-???
-??? (rotation slot)

Ruby:
-Swampert/Blaziken
-Cacturne
-Delcatty
-Sableye (maybe)
-???
-???
-??? (rotation slot)

Last edited:

I took a hard look at what Pokémon will assuredly be available in Omega Ruby (that is to say, which Pokémon were available in the original Ruby Version), to try to see what I might want in my team. And somewhat surprisingly, I've so far ended up with a team that is fairly similar to that in my original Ruby team. That is to say:

Sceptile: With the option to Mega-Evolve, and it being my favorite Hoenn starter, this was a no-brainer.

Aggron: I've wanted to re-use Aggron ever since it got the ability Rock Head and the move Head Smash. Its hyper-defensive Mega Evolution seals the deal for me.

Xatu: I'm not totally happy with this choice, since Xatu remains fairly weak, but I don't really like that many Pokémon that can learn Fly in Hoenn. Altaria would be neat, and can learn Sing, which would help in catching Pokémon in-game, but since Sceptile will gain the Dragon type upon Mega Evolution I don't know if it would fit in my team.

Azumarill: I want to try using a Fairy-type since Y but my team in that game developed to the point where there was no room for one. Mawile would be neat but the Steel-type niche is already filled by Aggron, and while I'd love to use Gardevoir again having used one in Black 2 (before the type change), there's little room for another Psychic-type if I do end up using Xatu. Azumarill is also one of the few Water-types I really like in Ruby that is available before getting Surf, so unless another early-game Water-type gets a really appealing Mega Evolution, or the Pokémon distribution is changed to make more Pokémon available early on, I'll probably stick with Azumarill.

I don't know yet what will fill the other two slots in my team. My old team featured Electrode and Magcargo, but I don't particularly like Electrode, and I don't really need another Rock-type besides Aggron. So I'm unlikely to end up with a team that totally matches my old team, but the similarity is nonetheless uncanny.

Swampert will be in my team along with Exploud and Breloom/Gallade. I also want to have a Salamence in my team but you get kind of late so might go for Flygon instead. Not sure on what other pkmns to use since hoenn as many good ones.

I'll probably go with Swampert, Salamence, Sableye, Camerupt, and two HM slaves. xD

I'll definitely have my starter, which will be either Torchic (my very first Pokemon!) or Mudkip, Sableye because I love it, and Mightyena if he gets a mega. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Mudkip will definitely be my started, I started with one in my first playthrough of Ruby; I'll probably also go for a Gardevoir and Flygon, Gardevoir being one of my favourite Pokémon and Flygon being one of the Pokémon I used much in R/S/E due to it's cool design. Other than that, I'll probably see what comes to me as I play, I'd like an Altaria maybe and a Crobat.

I'll definitely use Sceptile (my Starter), Azumarill (to take advantage of its new fairy type), and a pokemon that knows Fly. Other than that, I'll probably just wing it.

Well I've changed my mind and decided to get Omega Ruby. As for my team:
1. Sceptile (Only Hoenn starter I haven't chosen. And it's mega evo is boss)
2. Metagross (hopefully it has a mega)
3. Milotic (female. Especially since it's a lot less complicated to evolve it these days.)
4. Camerupt
5. Gardevoir (female)
6. Raichu/Magnetric

After thinking about it, I've got a few Pokémon I definitely want on my team:

Swampert, Milotic, Gardevoir, Roselia, Swellow and Mightyena. Milotic's gonna be a real pain to find as a Feebas, however...

I've given it a lot more thought, and have decided on running a rotation between some of my favourites.

Swampert (Water/Ground)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Breloom (Grass/Fighting)
Swellow (Normal/Flying)
Aggron (Steel/Rock)
Altaria (Dragon/Flying)
Armaldo (Rock/Bug)
Manectric (Electric)
Dusknoir (Ghost)

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between Aggron and Armaldo, and Swellow and Altaria. I'm leaning toward the latter for both, but I'm still unsure. I think a rotation will work best. Unless anyone has any other ideas or suggestions?

I'm going to do Sceptile, Gallade (I hope Dawn Stones will be available in-game, if not I'm going to cry), Sableye, Salamence, and Zangoose/ Seviper.

I just realized my team has 4 S Pokemon; maybe I'll reconsider and do an S team? That would be... interesting.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom