• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

For my team I will be having:-

Blaziken
Gallade
Castform
Shedinija
Solrock
Walrein

At this point, I just need to decide between Gardevoir and Gallade, then I should be good. Probably gonna stick with Gardevoir for AS. I've already basically made the rule for myself that my main team of 6 that I take to the E4 will be only Hoenn pokemon (as in, original to Hoenn. Not Kanto, Johto, etc. Unless it's a new evo of a Hoenn mon).

Still thinking right now it's gonna be:

Swampert
Gardevoir
Camerupt
Breloom
Altaria
Absol

Or if I go with Gallade:

Swampert
Gallade
Camerupt
Roserade
Altaria
Absol/Dusclops/Sableye

Ugh...I want them nowwww

If kyogre and groudon are a forced capture I'll need to put aside my omega ruby nuzlocke and trade it an adamant ralts for groudon, I intend to use a modest gardevoir so I can get a modest kyogre

You know, thinking about it, imagine going through the games doing a Wonderlocke challenge. Would be incredible using newer Pokemon in Hoenn.

For OR, I think I'll be using
- Swampert
- E, Metagross
- Breloom
- Altaria
- Gallade
- Not sure on this one, may just use it as a HM slave, or use the Event Diancie.

For AS;
- Sceptile
- Swellow
- Aggron
- Flygon
- Blazekin
- Milotic.

I'm sure I'll pick Treecko (like i always have on the gen 3 games), so it'll most likely be:

1.Sceptile
2.Swellow
3.Camerupt
4.Wailmer
5.Electrode
7.Hariyama (or Machamp)

Still not sure about my team, but i sure as hell ain't using Megas, i want to have some challenge, even if it's minimal.

I'm trying to avoid planning out my team since it's more fun for me to go into video games blind, but I'll probably end up using Milotic, Gardevoir, Altaria, and Flygon. Yeah, I know having two dragon-types and a fairy-type on the same team is pretty redundant, but Pokémon games are easy enough already, so I don't really care.

I'm trying to avoid planning out my team since it's more fun for me to go into video games blind, but I'll probably end up using Milotic, Gardevoir, Altaria, and Flygon. Yeah, I know having two dragon-types and a fairy-type on the same team is pretty redundant, but Pokémon games are easy enough already, so I don't really care.

True... It's a lot of fun going into a game without any plans (sans maybe starter choice). But most (somewhat) experienced players will probably already have their favourites/preferences and end up with those (I already know there will be certain Pokémon I want to use)

I like to have a well rounded team so far this is what I've planned

Swampert
Aggron
Gardevoir
Breloom
Flygon
Metagross

I just waited for the "semi" final Mega Evo announcement and right now, I'm decided to post here. These are mine so far:

Playthrough(until Champ):

1. Sceptile(starter, Cut user)
2. Mightyena(Strength user)
3. Swellow(Fly user)
4. Pikachu(RockStar)/
5. Crawdaunt(Surf and Waterfall user)
6. Hariyama(Rock Smash user)

So far this are mine since Mega-evo is just usable once.

My Emerald Star Six were...
Blade the Sceptile
Nimbus the Altaria
Rai the Manectric (who I never used 'cause of the Thunder Glitch)
Titan the Aggron
Shadow the Sableye
Celestina the Gardevoir

Also OMG! I just realized all my choices except Altaria eventually got Mega Evolutions XD

As you can tell from how piecemeal it is, I just picked the team as I went along and discovered Pokemon. I'm gonna do the same this time -- whatever comes my way and I like, I'll use.

Blade the Sceptile
Nimbus the Altaria
Titan the Aggron
Shadow the Sableye
Celestina the Gardevoir

Also OMG! I just realized all my choices except Altaria eventually got Mega Evolutions XD

As you can tell from how piecemeal it is, I just picked the team as I went along and discovered Pokemon. I'm gonna do the same this time -- whatever comes my way and I like, I'll use.

Altaria HAS a Mega Evolution, so that means all six of them have one.

Blade the Sceptile
Nimbus the Altaria
Titan the Aggron
Shadow the Sableye
Celestina the Gardevoir

Altaria HAS a Mega Evolution, so that means all six of them have one.

Hahaha! I didn't know that, I haven't been looking up the new Mega Evos. Oh man, that's so perfect, how cool is that? Once I beat White 2 I could upload them from Emerald and breathe whole new life into them in ORAS ^_^

Hmm...I wonder if I should post by Star Six teams for other generations...

I'm gonna pick Treeko as my starter, I used him as a kid so why not again now. I'd imagine I'll be wanting a Salamence on my team. I can't think of to many Pokemon I've defiantly set that I want..

While I've already mentioned my team (which I'm in the process of breeding), I just thought I'd share that I've found my whole original Emerald team. They were spread about, but, I found my Sceptile, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Torkoal (and his Beauty queen daughter), Chimecho, and Glalie. Been running around with them in my copy of Y.

I just realize a lot of Pokemon I'm considering using won't be available until later in the game. Looks like I'll be rotating in some slots most of the way.

I just realize a lot of Pokemon I'm considering using won't be available until later in the game. Looks like I'll be rotating in some slots most of the way.

Yeah..

I was going to use Salamence, but then I remembered you can't get a Bagon until you've already got all 8 badges. Which is way too late for me. I prefer to have my whole main team together by the 5th or 6th badge usually. So I'm probably getting Altaria instead.

I'm getting both games since they're coming out on my birthday, so I'll be making two sets of teams, including rotation Pokemon.

Omega Ruby:

254.png
376.png
365.png
038.png
310.png
227.png
Rotation:
464.png
214.png
354.png

Alpha Sapphire:

260.png
407.png
323.png
277.png
282.png
302.png
Rotation:
478.png
026.png
127.png

I usually over-plan teams and end up changing some bits, obviously I'm not using Torchic cuz I got two of them with X and Y, and I won't use Shiny Metagross in both, but I will use a normal Metagross when it's available in AS. I actually have a total of 12 Pokemon planned for both but posted the ones I'll be using the most.

In addition, I plan to excessively partake in contests in Alpha Sapphire, and at least one Pokemon will have a moveset for contests. Probably Roserade, Gardevoir, or Froslass.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom