• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon with 3 evolutionary stages do you think should have only 2 and which Pokemon with 2 stages should have 3?

RTLfan

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
I don't think this has been discussed before...

Just at the top of my head I don't see the point of Krokorok.

Last edited:
Chancey didn't need an evo, which ended up overshadowed by Chancey anyway thanks to the Evolite. The baby form, fine, as it's pretty cute, and Brock's was quite the pint-sized powerhouse, which was pretty amusing coming from the Mon with probably the lowest Attack stat in history. But Blissey was not needed, as it's just Chancey with frills and really doesn't address any of Chancey's problems.

Most of the johto Babies were not needed

I like Mantyke a lot and, in my view, he is the only one that is not cute in a cliche babyish zacahrine kind of way.
I also like Mime Jr although Mr Mine has one-stage-evolution-Pokemon vibes to it so I tend to agree with you that perhaps he isn't necessary.
Riolu, Bonsly, Budew, and Chingling are ok and they complement their evolutions well. I guess the same could be said about Togepi although I'm not a fan of it.

Hmm maybe I don't dislike baby Pokemon that much after all.

Did we really need Klang or Vanillish? Probably not. On the other hand, Wimpod could use a middle stage.

You know this comment is coming....did we really need those evolutionary lines at all?

I totally disagree about Wimpod. The 'theme' of that evolutionary line is going from wimpy to tough and monstrous, isn't it?

upon its debut I really wanted ribombee to have an evolution, I feel like that was a missed opportunity (similar to a lot of other alola Pokemon tbh)

other 2-stage pokemon I always wanted to see another evolution for what be mr. mime, banette, and hypno off the top of my head

Hypno, Sunflora, and Cherrim all seem like they could have another evolution to me. Masquerain too, but it's stat boost in SM sort of helped that.

New preevo: Meowth, Tentacool, Doduo, Onix, Scyther, Snover, Scraggy, Type Null.
New evo: Primeape, Hypno, Marowak, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Omastar, Lanturn, Xatu, Sudowoodo, Octillery, Manectric, Sharpedo, Grumpig, Banette, Chimecho, Cherrim, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Cinccino, Beheeyem, Meowstic, Slurpuff, Heliolisk, Silvally.
New middle evo: Teddiursa, Makuhita, Nosepass, Numel, Anorith, Skorupi, Yamask, Cubchoo, Rufflet, Noibat, Fomantis.
Deleted stages: Rhyperior, Staravia, Tranquill, Whirlipede, Gothita, Vanillish, Klank.

This sounds weird but i think ALL of them should have a third evolution line, at a second one they just feel incomplete to me like they have potential but then eh no evolution

I like Mantyke a lot and, in my view, he is the only one that is not cute in a cliche babyish zacahrine kind of way.
I also like Mime Jr although Mr Mine has one-stage-evolution-Pokemon vibes to it so I tend to agree with you that perhaps he isn't necessary.
Riolu, Bonsly, Budew, and Chingling are ok and they complement their evolutions well. I guess the same could be said about Togepi although I'm not a fan of it.

Hmm maybe I don't dislike baby Pokemon that much after all.
I don't see the best baby pokemon, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and will believe that you love him.

Not exactly releated to topic, but since Lapras is right after Gyarados in Kanto Dex and they're both water types with similar color scheme, I once believed Lapras to be Gyarados's evo...

Anyway, Lapras is the first thing that comes to my mind. Give it a second and possibly third stage so it is actually useful for something other than serving as a glorified ferry.

I think Steelix could use a third stage too, but problem here is, Steelix is a trade evolution. Of course so is Porygon 2 and that doesn't stop him from himself evolving through trade, but we want to avoid that.

I also think that eeveelutions having their own evos possibly also braching would be fun idea.

I don't see the best baby pokemon, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and will believe that you love him.

Um are you referring to Munchlax? I relly don't like it and definitely think he's pointless....thanks for reminding me of it ;)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom