• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Which Pokemon would you guys like to get regional variants in Scarlet and Violet?

SableKing

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
As we know, Gen VII introduced the concept of regional variants. Gen VIII also has this. So, it is most likely that every generation coming after will have regional variants. Since Gen IX will be upon us, there is a huge chance of regional variants. Personally, I think we'd get another regional variant of Meowth, although I would like to see regional variants of the Ralts line, the Onix line, the Bounsweet line, the Zubat line, and my favourite Pokemon: Sableye! I even drew my concept of an Ice/Ghost-type regional variant of Sableye!

Attachments

• Sableye.png
    Sableye.png
    67 KB · Views: 4

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
I think we might see a regional form of Mandibuzz, especially since Braviary got one in Legends Arceus. As for what the type will be is any ones guess, maybe Ghost/Flying or Dark/Ghost?

Reaction score
While not necessarily a precise Pokémon/Pokémon line, I'd want a Pokémon/Pokémon line with a masculine or feminine presentation having a Regional Variant that looks like the opposite presentation. For example, the Gothita line. Instead of having a feminine presentation, they would have a masculine presentation.

PageEmperor

Kermit Seismitoad isn’t real, it can’t hurt you
Reaction score
Meh, we have had only like 2 generations worth of regional variants so far and both times they were done in different ways. (In gen7 only gen1 mons got new forms and in gen8 we also go regional evos, and more generations got representation)

And I would like to see how previous mons would adapt to new environments, and I think it’s seemingly more clear that unless something otherwise happens, I think it’s clear that they are preventing getting over a thousand original mons until the time is right, so I think we are still getting some new forms.