• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which protagonist do you think has the smallest fanbase?

Brendan, by far, is my second favorite protagonist by far. I hate the fact no one barely knows him. If you wanna know what my first favorite is, look at the avatar. yup.

Lyra/Kris, because the fanbase doesn't see her as just one character, has split her fans in half and each half has a smaller fan following than all the other protagonists (to this day though, I still believe they're the same character)

Hooray! Me too! But I think Kris (as the game character/separate from Lyra) has a pretty small fanbase. So does Leaf though, you don't see too many fanarts of her. Plus no anime appearance, no appearance in HGSS, only 2 manga counterparts (one of which I have never seen or heard of) and the only main character Kris doesn't count because she's Lyra who hasn't been proven to exist somewhere in the games continuity.

Lucas. Everyone who played 4th Gen chose Dawn because they wanted to look up her skirt ;0;

I think it's an even tie between Lucas and Kris. I mean, I hated Lucas' design and a lot of people did too from what I hear. He just didn't look good to me. As for Kris; despite being the first female playable character, her design wasn't very feminine. I especially disliked her hair. Lucas and Kris just aren't as likable as others. They should form a club.

I don't think many people care for Brendan, Lucas, or Leaf. They scarcely appear in the anime, except for Leaf, who doesn't appear at all. Also, Leaf has completely no role when you play as Red, so she won't be as widely known as the others.

Lucas. Everyone who played 4th Gen chose Dawn because they wanted to look up her skirt ;0;

I've seen almost no one play as Dawn.

Guys, explain to me how Lucas and Brendan have small fanbases.

Know what's funny? Brendan and Blue (Leaf) are my favorite protagonists. (I never called Blue 'Leaf'. I've always called her Blue. P:)

I've been apart of the Leaf/Blue Fanclub and Brendan/Ruby Fanclub on some other Pokemon forums. I've found a lot of fanart of both of them over the years. I always thought they seemed kind of popular.

Hm, I agree with the people who say that Lucas has the smallest fanbase. I haven't found much fanart of him. (Though, it's probably because I haven't looked much. xD)

Somari said:
I've seen almost no one play as Dawn.
Really? Opposite for me. I played as Dawn on my Pearl version, along with a majority of people I knew irl who had either of the games.

Probably Michael. I don't understand why, though - he's so adorable...

are we counting side games? Lucy fucking Lightfoot. I don't think I've seen a whole lot of love for Park (the male protagonist in the Card GB series) either... his game's obscure as it is, yet I've seen at least some art for Mint (his female counterpart). And I haven't looked at a whole lot of Ranger fanart, but I'm curious to know how the female protagonists past Hinata have fared, considering they got no anime showcasings.

Kris got so neglected that they actually dropped her as a whole, and now she only stars in a total of a single game in the entire main series.

Touko/White (dunno if I got that right :O) possibly has more fans than her, and she hasn't even been around for a month.

Leaf was very popular when FR/LG first came out, its only that was back in 2004...and now 6 years later nobody has anything to say about her anymore.

White seems very popular despite not being in the anime. I wonder if White will remain popular even if she never gets an anime appearance.

For the males I'd definitely say Lucas is the least popular. Brendan had fans back in the old R/S and AG days, I was around back then and I remember a lot of people wanted him to appear in the anime as either Ash or May's rival in Hoenn.

Kris got so neglected that they actually dropped her as a whole, and now she only stars in a total of a single game in the entire main series.

Touko/White (dunno if I got that right :O) possibly has more fans than her, and she hasn't even been around for a month.

Yeah, and the worst part is that (at least I think) Kris was way better than Lyra.

Touko/White possibly has (or will have) more fans than any other female protagonist XD

Lucas. He always seems to be replaced by Barry, even though Barry is annoying as hell.

3000th post. Woohoo~

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom