• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which recurring character from BW do you want to appear in the XY Anime?

Which recurring character from BW do you want to appear in the XY Anime?

• Bianca

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Cynthia

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Katharine

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Stephan

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Cheren

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dino

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Trip

• Alder

• Virgil

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Another (Write below)

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

SamurottMan

Reaction score
So I was thinking about the Vertress Conference and that a lot of characters from tournaments or other CoTDs appeared. Which recurring character from BW do you want to appear in the XY anime?

I would say Katharine. She was a nice character and they had to show her more in the Vertress Conference. I would be happy if she appears in XY.

That's easy. I want them to bring back Cynthia!!

Technically speaking, Cynthia is a DP character, as that's when she was introduced. But I understand your reasons, and agree with you. Seeing how she's become such a mainstay since her introduction, I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up again in both XY games and anime.

Now, on the subject at hand, I think Bianca should return, even if it is brief. She really didn't get a whole lot of air time, and just disappeared after the League. She was a fun character, and I loved all her crazy antics. Though poor Ash never had dry clothes whenever she was around. But still, I think she should return. She was loads of fun, her interactions were great, and she was just a lovable character. So I say Bianca.

Technically speaking, Cynthia is a DP character, as that's when she was introduced. But I understand your reasons, and agree with you. Seeing how she's become such a mainstay since her introduction, I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up again in both XY games and anime.

Since Cynthia appeared in Unova again and was pretty involved in the plot, I'd say we can assume that the writers consider her more than "just" a champion like those from the other regions.
Also, the way they showcased the battle between Cynthia and Flint in the last DP episode "Memories Are Made of Bliss" proves to me that Cynthia is intended to be Ash's last "obstacle" when he'll finally become a Pokemon Master (in a few decades ...)
What I want to say is that they simply have to bring Cynthia back, so why not in X/Y, too ?
But PLEASE, give her an episode that she really deserves!

Bianca indeed. She was very funny, cute and lovable and I liked how they handled her without making her look like a dumb blonde, and I think she deserved a much better farewell than the one she had in the Unova League. Just look how she reacts to Ash and co. leaving in Let's Join Hands... she is clearly not happy with it.

Burgundy & Bianca. You can never get enough of those two.

And if Iris does return by some chance, than Georgia and Shannon.

I would want to see reappearing in XY :

- Casey- She was interesting and funny. Why not make her a little return. :))

- Cynthia- The most powerful trainer ever. And we still only know 3 of her pokemon. I love her. And I also would love to see a HD Gastrodon. :))

- N or Cheren- They're my favorite. I really doubt about N, and I know it may be impossible, but hey, we're adapted with the plot and the way BW saga "told" and then surprised us, so, you never know. I really hope for Cheren.

So I say Bianca.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Cynthia would show up. And I want it to happen.
The way they are treating Bianca, and the way the treated Katharine in the Higaki Conference wasn't that WOW.
I excpected more. So beside some of my other favorite returns, I could add Katharine and Bianca there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind seeing N again. I liked how the anime handled his character, at least from what I've seen of Episode N dubbed, the arc is so far the most enjoyable part of BW and I like N's character in general anyway. That's probably quite unlikely, but if N appears in the post-storyline of X/Y like with Cynthia in the fifth generation games, then it might be possible.

Why does part of me want to see Cynthia again for some odd reason. The writers have made such great use of her and she's probably appeared in 25 episodes, more than any other champion. If she somehow appears once again in X and Y, then we're nearly garunteed the return of the most powerful champion the anime has ever seen. I doubt she will, but you never know.

There aren't many recurring characters though I really wanna see again in XY though as most weren't handled very well. Bianca though is the exception I feel since she did get some decent development thanks to the anime following her in game story, though she did get screwed over in the league and has yet to have a full battle with Ash.

Stephan because he is funny and he did not have enough screem time. Then I want Pierce from TR because of he is cool and we never got to see what happened to him. Dino cause he is AWESOME. And Palpitoad. Seriously it can be count as a minor recurring character because of how the writers handled him.

I'd like to see Cynthia cowering in fear at a Jigglypuff. Georgia going to Kalos to catch a Fairy would be great as well.

But mostly, I'd want more Bianca.

Since Cynthia counts, I think Looker should also count. Looker deserves to be the one to crack every evil team case. I love him as a character too and I love how he works with TR.

Trip'll be nice to see again. Of course, not for a fully fledged return like Brock's in AG...and DP.

...no more Cynthia please ;_; she's had all the screentime she wanted and what more could she possibly want. Even Lance would be better than her, who practically has zero reason to appear.

N has a good chance of appearing in the post-game of XY, so I'd like to see him in the XY anime as a cameo as well. He did say he was going to travel around anyways. Stephan and Bianca all have good enough reason to appear, too. Stephan travels for training, of course, and while Bianca could be also travelling, she could also be on an errand for Juniper.

Trip'll be nice to see again. Of course, not for a fully fledged return like Brock's in AG...and DP.

It would be cool if they could have a full battle in some sort of mini tournament in Kelos maybe like before the league or something. That not only would be good training for him but a battle closure.

Bianca and/or Cynthia would be nice to see again. I don't think that Bianca got enough screentime in BW, and I'm hoping that they could improve her character development a bit--you know, not just having her topple Ash into a source of water every time they meet? I also think having Cynthia appear in the X&Y anime would be cool, because, well...it's Cynthia. cynthia is pretty hot

I'd be okay with Bianca returning, but...

Come on. Kalos is literally PokeFrance. The OBVIOUS choice for this is Burgundy. Bonus points if Cilan somehow manages to stay on the XY main cast; in that case she'd pretty much have to appear because reasons. Reasons of REVENGE and CONNOISSEURING and FRENCH FRENCH FRENCH.

She's the only option I truly accept. :p And it is a crime she is not an option on the poll while boring putzy Trip is.

People voting for the robot to appear 3 regions in a row wow.

Alder here.

I wouldn't mind if Bianca and Burgundy traveled to Kalos. And Alder because of the eye candy. AND I GUESS HE IS INTERESTING 'N ALL. For the champion, he didn't get much air time on BW.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom