• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Ship has the best chance of becoming canon?

I say just make the kid look nearly like an Ash clone, just to screw with everybody.
It'd be freaking hilarious.

here's my opinion of what ships exists
2qa3a54.jpg

I'm not too sure on that, tbh. D: If they ever pair up Ash with a guy, it'll probably be a male traveling companion or some CotD, and even then the chance is very slim and the episode probably wouldn't air over here because 'omg how dare gay happen on a kids show'. Unless they have, of course, more episodes with Gary in the future. I can see maaaaybe something happening with Cilan at the end of BW, maybe a little hint or something, but...

I wish it wasn't like that of course. Then again....*stares at OTP* >_>

Pikachu and Ketchup will be reunited at last for the final act, as the series ends over a red dawn.
And it's more likely to happen than any human ship on this show

The Ship that has the best chance of becomig cannon? Questshipping for me. I don't support it but it's the only one I can see becoming cannon anytime soon.

The Ship that has the best chance of becomig cannon? Questshipping for me. I don't support it but it's the only one I can see becoming cannon anytime soon.

Good point. Questshipping is Jimmy and the blue-haired girl from the Johto stuff, right?
If so, yeah, they practically had on screen confirmation.

ComaShipping. I could see it. Opposites attract. Chemicals react. :embarass:

Oh, and IsshuShipping(I LOVE ISHHUSHIPPING:awww:)! Okay, maybe that's what I want, but it should be canon!:ksmile:

The ships I think have the best chance of becoming canon? Manga-wise, it's SpecialShipping, GracefulShipping (WallacexWinona), and AgencyShipping. I'd count FranticShipping, but that's practically canon.

Unless the show drastically changes, old ships like Palletshipping and Advanceshipping are over with. Whichever girl he travels with during the eventual last season has the best chance, but the show has never been overly romantic. The dub-inserted jokes about Tracey and Misty are probably the closest we'll ever get to a canon ship.

I honestly and truly wish I could say SatoHaru—Hell, any of the up-front Satoshi shippings would have any chance of canon. But, we have one dense boy on a kid's show (at least for younger kids in this cursed dub), and unforunate as it is, us consumers have our daily doses of genuine biased bullshit to go off of, plus your occasional advertiser using religion as a selling point. It's not great how your average citizen reacts to homosexuals, and as one who avoids the media I think its outright embarassing that our media limits people to straight, married, unprotected "processes" which is outright prepostorous if you ask me, but back to the point, people: I have extreme pity on the people who aren't straight or support non-straight shippings, as its unfair how the dumbass public reacts to these people, and basically, a homosexual, bisexual, transsexual, and heterosexual shippings should all have equal chance, but unfortunately people are too judgmental and have too many self-insecurities to accept it. Now, lets get to the real meaty stuff ;) I think they made Satoshi dense purposely to avoid any real chances of couples becoming canon, this technique is utilized in many anime and even secondarily with Tracey, which he is slightly more obviously dense than Ash. This pretty much dullens some of the most powerful shippings that pair Ash with his current traveling companion(s) after they leave the series. Kasumi got an encore in AG, which was cool—she deserved it well. Now, I consider May and the Wallace cup a luck of the draw for Haruka's reappearance; I'll be damned if Hikari gets an encore in BW, but it is expected by many fans, so they might do one. And unfortunately I see next to zero romance in BW, and that doesn't help the situation.
All in all, as much pure faith I and dozens of others have put into our favorite hero's shippings and as much as we dauntingly hope for them to come true, I see only a brittle dim light of hope for Ash Ketchum and any girl or guy.

You really want to know what 'shipping I think has the best chance of becoming canon? KetchupShipping. No contest. No contest. I'm not super big on PikaKetcha, but as far as kannon chances go, its like 90% dog, no kidding. Final answer.

Manga-wise? Probably SpecialShipping (although it is a bit one-sided at the moment as far as I know) and FranticShipping is practically canon. I think. I've only finished the Yellow chapter recently. XD
Anime-wise? Don't watch much of it anymore, but Pikachu and the ketchup is very possible. The others...not sure.
Game-wise? That's up for the fanfiction writers to decide, friends. I am one of them, but in honesty, any of them could become possible.
Except BetelgueseShipping. (Cyrus x Mars.) And pretty much all the yaoi/yuri ships.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, there os this one possible game ship, but unfortunately it's name opposes me. RendShipping (PMD2 Groyvle x the Shiny Celebi) is quite canon compared to other game ships.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom