• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which ships do you NOT support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Hehehe. Ah, sure, why not? After years of Harry/Hermione vs. Ron/Hermione, I can handle anything. ;) Thanks!

Archaic said:
A lot of that I'd think would simply be the fallout against PalletShipping after the end of the Shippers debates years back. Even those of us who do appreciate slash and yaoi have a hard time reading any PalletShipping without bad memories of the debates returning.
Makes sense to me. I missed out on all of it, since I've never been really active in the pokemon fandom outside of Yahoo clubs/groups until awhile ago. I've only really recently gotten into Palletshipping thanks to one of the thread titles I read here.

I'd be interested in reading some of the debates when I can get some time.

Well as long as we're getting into different series here, I don't really like PGSM Zoisite/ Endymion. Zoisite has too much respect for his master, IMO, for them to really have anything beyond a sort of friendship. Though I wouldn't mind reading some fics about it... *hates the fact that Shitennnou/ Endymion interaction is almost always ignored in Shitennou fics*

Archaic, you could sticky excerpts from those debates for people like myself who are not familiar with them. Better yet, make a History of Bulbagarden subforum!
On topic:
I despise Advanceshipping because there's not enough chemistry, logic, or proof behind it, and the idea is way too cliche.
Palletshipping is ugly. I can't imagine a worse person to pair Ash with than Gary. He deserves better.
Conventional Rocketshipping is annoying because it's fairly obvious James is either gay or bi.
Diamondshipping implies a rather Star Wars-esque scenario is on the horizon. Problem is, the show has an underlying message of basic goodness, and Gio as Ash's father kind of defeats the purpose.
One thing I would really like to say is:
Why all the hate for PokemonxHuman ships?
Those are some of my favorite ones. And JamesxChimecho is for all intensive purposes canon.

Actually, "We're no Angels" proves that James is not gay.

I was an OrangeShipper at one point, but I have converted back to PokéShipping as all the evidence shows that Tracey is more interested in Daisy, and Misty won't give up on Ash. Misty has been closer to Max than Tracey. Hell, even the dubbers don't support OrangeShipping!

Infinite Sceptile said:
Conventional Rocketshipping is annoying because it's fairly obvious James is either gay or bi.
Actually, it's obvious that he's either straight or bi as he's shown interest in at least three girls.

I refuse to support Commandshipping. That's all there is to it.
(Actually, I've become so obsessive about my no-Commandshipping thing that I don't put pics of Domino and Gio close to each other, and never keep their screenshot folders on my computer away from each other.)
EDIT:Close to each other. CLOSE to each other.

Diamondshipping implies a rather Star Wars-esque scenario is on the horizon. Problem is, the show has an underlying message of basic goodness, and Gio as Ash's father kind of defeats the purpose.

Bull. There were lots of stories *before* Star Wars that had the antagonist-as-father plotline (The Scarlet Letter comes to mind, at least until we learn Dimmesdale is on Hester's side), and as for the underlying message of basic goodness, wouldn't it only reinforce that to have Ash grow up good and pure despite his dark secret?
(Gets off Diamondshippy soapbox)
(God, I hope I don't start another Diamondshipping-related flamewar.)

Last edited:
Pretty much Pokeshipping, and Contestshipping to a lesser extent.

The concept of Pokeshipping doesn't annoy me, but Pokeshippers DO. Pokeshippers hold the crown for the most annoying shippers in the Pokemon fandom. Not the ones on this forum or even on Serebii (they're all nice ^_^), but the ones on other Pokemon forums like Pokecommunity are horrible. I've never seen such a bunch of irritating people in my entire life. So thank you Pokeshippers, you've gotten me to despise a ship that is half-way decent.

FabuVinny said:
"We're no Angels" threw continuity out the window.

I don't support most ships involving Ash unless they're one-sided. Simply put, he just doesn't express romantic interest in anyone,at least not in a manner that normal people would consider "romantic". Plus Pokeshippers and Advanceshippers are the most annoying shippers ever...but it's mostly the fact that the only person Ash EVER expressed anything more than "friend" level liking towards was...Gizelle, way back in the original Kanto. And that lasted all of 5 minutes.

I can't stand Diamondshipping if it's part of a Giovanni-is-Ash's-father scenario. If it's more along the lines of what happened in Pokemon Live, where Delia used to date Gio but dumped him because she figured out he was eval liek woah, then it's kinda cool.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm an American. The specials aren't available in the US! Anyway, the dubbing team for Pokemon Chronicles seems to from what I hear be incredibly incompetent.
Actually, it's obvious that he's either straight or bi as he's shown interest in at least three girls.
He has? Then he's bisexual! Woopy-Woopy! Wait a second. What episodes did he show interest in girls?
At the very least, James is a bisexual transvestite, if not an outright homosexual. Kojiro may be straight(Who knows?), but I'm pretty sure you can't say the same about James.
Bull. There were lots of stories *before* Star Wars that had the antagonist-as-father plotline (The Scarlet Letter comes to mind, at least until we learn Dimmesdale is on Hester's side), and as for the underlying message of basic goodness, wouldn't it only reinforce that to have Ash grow up good and pure despite his dark secret?
(Gets off Diamondshippy soapbox)
(God, I hope I don't start another Diamondshipping-related flamewar.)
Come into the light. Convert to Eldershipping, and you will be saved. Believe in the gospel of Pokemopolis. Oak is Ash's father. End. Of. Story.

Infinite Sceptile said:
Dude, I'm an American. The specials aren't available in the US! Anyway, the dubbing team for Pokemon Chronicles seems to from what I hear be incredibly incompetent.

Doesn't matter. It's in the original.

He has? Then he's bisexual! Woopy-Woopy! Wait a second. What episodes did he show interest in girls?

Ghost of Maiden's Peak and School of Hard Knocks.

James had a big crush on Rose. That girl from Village. She liked him anyway.
("We aren't Angels").

Any with Ash and May. I can't stand her, and I honestly see no chemistry between them.

Infinite Sceptile said:
Come into the light. Convert to Eldershipping, and you will be saved. Believe in the gospel of Pokemopolis. Oak is Ash's father. End. Of. Story.
Am I sensing a bit of sarcasm here? Lame defense. And the flamewar is in the Ash's Father thread, so let's not bring it over here.

Why are we Diamondshippers so hated, dammit?

Yeah, I'm not so sure how much longer I will be a Rocketshipper, for poor Kojiro's sake.

But, I am vehemently anti-Advanceshipping.

I hate Rocketshipping and Advanceshipping.

Why?

Rocketshipping - they are not good friends and I don't see them as a couple. Jessie thinks only about own ass, not about James or Meowth. She proved it many times. She is lazy and doesn't really care about others. James isn't the guy from her dreams. She would like to have someone who is rich and elegant. James doesn't see Jessie as someone to love too. He had crushies on sensitive and nice girls (Rose, ghost from the cliff) and probably he would like to have a wife like that.
Jessie and James spend a lot of time together, but they are only partners and I don't see them as a couple.

Advanceshipping - Ash + Haruka = NO.
Haruka - Drew
Ash - I don't know, but no Haruka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom