• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Which Sinnoh game are you most excited for?

Whih Sinnoh game are you most excited for?

• Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Pokémon Shining Pearl

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Votes: 52 75.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sinnoh confirmed - twice! Two games set in the Sinnoh region are on the horizon, but which one are you looking forward to the most?

The Pokemon Company ran a poll similar to this on social media, but I think it was a bit unfair because they made Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl two separate options, meaning the vote was split. And the poll also included New Pokemon Snap. This is a poll just for the two upcoming Sinnoh releases.

I'm still expecting Legends: Arceus to win this poll by a wide margin. It's clearly the more innovative and graphically impressive of the two. That being said... I honestly feel more excited for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl right now! They're the Diamond and Pearl remakes we've been anticipating for years. I know what to expect from them, and what I can look forward to. The art style is growing on me - it's rather novel and charming.

I expect I will feel increasingly excited about Legends: Arceus as we find out more about it, though. If we can get an official confirmation that Arceus is catchable, that will immediately boost my hype levels. (I mean, it would be weird if the mascot of the game wasn't catchable, but with this being such a radical departure from previous titles, I don't want to make any assumptions.)

Sorry about the typo in the poll question, I don't think there's any way I can correct it now...

Hard to determine which I should actually vote for, because it is that sort of long term vs. short term consideration. Legends is an all-new experience that I can't wait to try out, and I'm much more intrigued by the concept and the ambition of it. But the footage we have is extremely rough, and it's hard to say what exactly I'm excited for in particular without knowing more. Meanwhile, I am neither over- nor under-whelmed by what we've seen of BDSP, but they're closer to release and I know what to expect from them: a routine game (which works just fine for me) set in Sinnoh... although, the prospect of a Sinnoh game that's finally liberated from the engine problems of Gen 4 is exciting. Diamond & Pearl are a good creative foundation, such that even if BDSP don't add much in the way of new content, they'll still be an appreciable upgrade in terms of how the gameplay handles.

but I think it was a bit unfair because they made Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl two separate options, meaning the vote was split

I thought that too at first, but then... couldn't you just add BD and SP's numbers?

Pokemon Legends without any question. The Diamond/Pearl remakes look like a rushed after thought. They don't look like they're up to the standards of Pokemon remakes at all and that's sad to see. I don't know that I'll be looking forward to future Pokemon remakes anymore after this. :(

But Pokemon Legends looks fantastic. I'm not concerned about the frame rate or anything like that. I'm just so excited to see GF pushing forward the Pokemon series. Seeing an open world Pokemon game when GF looked like they were just going to keep on playing it safe is so refreshing. I think that the open world will make the game very exciting. I've always been a huge proponent of open world. It really makes a game feel like a true adventure, and not just a limited set of small paths. It will be so fun to hunt for Pokemon in an open world. Like it's a dream.

Honestly think I'm equally excited for both, though at the moment I'm a little more excited for BDSP because it's coming up sooner and is more what I'm used to. And like some others, it's the remake I've been waiting for for years, though definitely not happening the way I expected or wanted. I'm just excited to play through the Sinnoh games without Gen 4's slowness and other issues. Even if the worst case scenario is true and it's just DP with maybe a little Platinum, just the QOL improvements added to what was already an otherwise good game will be enough for me personally.

On the other hand, LA is completely new, a prequel of a region filled with lore, and an open world game that fans have always wanted. It looks amazing and the new mechanics and style for Pokemon seems fascinating. I do have a few concerns, mainly personal concerns that I just won't be able to enjoy it/will get confused because I'm really not that good at open world games. But I am overall optimistic that they'll be great games and a change that the franchise probably needs.

At the end of the day I'm just excited at all the Pokemon I have to look forward to for the next year.

Last edited:
LA. Was there ever any doubt? It's more ambitious than anything the Pokemon series has ever seen, let alone a 1:1 remake like BDSP. Much more to be excited about there.

Honestly? Probably Legends.

I was hyped for D/P but the overly Chibi threw me off quite a bit. I'm still interested but my mind's more on Legends atm. It's a new kind of project for Game Freak, and I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Legends.

I'm from the crowd that thought Diamond and Pearl were honestly kind of weak, and while Platinum was great it isn't what is being remade.

Meanwhile, I've been interested in a an exploration-focused Pokémon game for a while, and Legends seems like it may deliver.

I have zero interest in BDSP. I just don't see how TPCi could convince to play them them instead of Platinum (I'm indifferent to Mega Evolution and such).

Legends has potential, but there's a delicate balance between "Pokemon in a past era" and "Pokemon meets Breath of the Wild." I don't mind open world, but if that's overwhelmingly the main appeal, I'll be curious but not really interested.

As has been said by several members, while I am excited for Legends, I am still getting one of the Sinnoh remake games. After all, it's been literal years since I last played through Sinnoh. Feels like it's been 3,000 years since I did so.

Like most everyone else, Legends for me. Legends has the most potential out of the two. GF is really breaking new ground this time around, which is a first for them. It also makes me feel that Sword/Shield were, in fact, testing stages for such an ambitious project. Even though it's a bit rough around the edges right now, they've got plenty of time to smooth that out. While I'm still going to get BD at the very least, the fact is I'm quite concerned about just how "faithful" the DP remakes will be. If they're going to be a 1:1 then that'll hurt them more than help them, even with QoL improvements. But if they include certain elements from Platinum and maybe Sword/Shield then they stand a chance. Plus, I'm still not sold on the art style yet, as it still looks rather wonky. Hopefully both get some more polish by the time the next trailer(s) are revealed. But, out of the two, Legends has the most potential, and is the one that I'm more interested in, even though I've gotten a bit tired of the whole open world thing oversaturating the market.

Definitely Legends but that can change if they end up making massive strides with gameplay elements such as from Platinum in BDSP, but Legends definitely feels like the more ambitious game and I could see a title like Legends becoming a “master game” of sorts that would receive DLC for more regions, like SwSh DLCs, but the entire Johto region, for example. But that’s probably too ambitious for Game Freak, I still won’t entirely rule it out.

Legends, no question about it. Legends looks like the open-world game Pokémon so desperately deserves. I really hope it doesn't end up being disappointing, but the trailer at least looked kinda promising.

With BDSP I'm just not a fan of the artstyle, and they look like lazy copy pastes if I'm being blunt. I was really hoping for the DP remakes to be similar to SWSH (as remakes have always been in the same style as the other mainline games of that generation), but I guess that was unrealistic with Legends being produced at the same time, so I understand that too. I just hope BDSP will be more than just "DP in chibi style" and they at least include some Platinum content or entirely new content. Otherwise I'm just not interested at all, even though Diamond and Pearl were my first main series games and I have some nostalgia for them.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom