• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Sinnoh game are you most excited for?

Whih Sinnoh game are you most excited for?

• Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Pokémon Shining Pearl

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Votes: 52 75.4%

• Total voters
Legends. I don't really have a personal issue with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl outside of potentially retaining the shitty pre-Platinum Sinnohdex, but Legends is a unique direction for the franchise, which is enough to get me looking forward to it.

I am more excited for the Sinnoh remakes (BD/SP).

Why? Well, for two reasons.

N1: I love nostalgia and remakes in general. Also I like the chibi look of this game.

N2: After (finally) playing BotW, I realized that I don't really enjoy Open World games, and it's not a direction I want Pokemon to take.

Last edited:
Legends because it has piqued by curiosity. It really does feel like new territory for Pokemon and I'm curious if they can pull it off.

My level of excitement for both BD/SP and Legends is like 5% or less each but I guess I'm interested in BD/SP slightly more just because they're core games that follow the same mechanics as the original Sinnoh games...

I think another reason why BDSP appeals to me more is because I like grid-based maps. Alola, Galar and Hisui are all beautiful, yes, but in the earlier regions there's something quite satisfying about the way all the squares fit together to form a living, breathing world. Maybe it's nostalgia.

Legends, because it is probably the game that plays and evolves with the concept of the franchise the most in the recent era, in stark contrast with BDSP which is arguably the most creatively stagnant entry in the series recently.

I am excited for BDSP, regarding if all the leaks are popping up, I'm still buying BDSP for nostalgia reasons, I grew up playing Diamond before Platinum. I don't know how PLA works, because I'm use to traditional cycle, with earning 8 gym badges, stop the evil team from taking over the world, beat pokemon league, and become champion.

I am excited for BDSP, regarding if all the leaks are popping up, I'm still buying BDSP for nostalgia reasons, I grew up playing Diamond before Platinum. I don't know how PLA works, because I'm use to traditional cycle, with earning 8 gym badges, stop the evil team from taking over the world, beat pokemon league, and become champion.

I feel the same way. BDSP is a game that I'm guaranteed to love because it uses the familiar formula, whereas Legends is a bit of an unknown. I think I will like Legends, because I like the Wild Areas in Sword and Shield, but the new style of gameplay might take a bit of getting used to.

Both, but mostly BDSP because nostalgia.

I am excited for both, but since Legends appears to break more ground and introduce more new features, I guess it is natural to be more excited for Legends.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom