• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Spanis dub is better?

Enzito

Reaction score
Although I watch anipoke episodes raw, I was wondering which of the two Spanish dubs has better acting, I assume it must be Mexico's dub?

I grew up with the spain dub,so for me its the only one.

It's a matter of preference, the Spain dub has all characters in accents from that country as well as colloquialisms that are only used there (the Latin American dub is more "neutral"), but it has better stability with terminology. Acting is good is both, but there are many Latin American interpretations I can't stop recommending. It depends on what are you looking for.

Huh, I wonder what's the case for Canadian and European French, and Brazilian and European Portuguese

I heard the regular Spanish dub inserted a lot of Spanish pop culture in their early seasons... Is that true?

Huh, I wonder what's the case for Canadian and European French, and Brazilian and European Portuguese

I don't know much about dubbing in European Portuguese, but I'm sure that, in general, it's very different from the Brazilian one, because the intonation in the pronunciation of words and the conjugation in the second person are very different in the two countries, and these distinctions are especially salient in the dubbing of programs aimed at children. It also doesn't help that both countries, even when it comes to extremely common nouns, have plenty of colloquialisms and regionalisms of their own.

Therefore, I doubt that any Brazilian child would feel comfortable listening to Portuguese dubs, and the opposite, I believe, also applies. In fact, here in Brazil we find the European Portuguese dubs so strange and exotic that we usually make fun and memes of them.

About Brazilian dubbing, it was consistent for many years and was an adaptation and Brazilianization of North American dubbing. However, since XY it is a real mess. The Pokémon anime has passed through several dubbing studios and, every season, practically all the voice actors are changed, including Ash's. Moreover, in the most recent seasons, the dubbing began to be based on the Japanese version, unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
I heard the regular Spanish dub inserted a lot of Spanish pop culture in their early seasons... Is that true?
The Latin American one? Yes, courtesy of James, Meowth and Brock (and the later two's actors were the dub's directors and some point, so imagine the craziness). They stopped in late BW but from SM onwards they still do like one or two references every 10 episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom