• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Which starter are you going to pick?

Which starter are you going to pick?

• Rowlet

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters

KJNanika

Apprentice Pokémon Professor
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
Cyndaquil because I'm a sucker for Johto

(considering HG was my first legit Pokémon game as opposed to a rom on a flash card when I just wasn't interested in the series yet)

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
Lately I have been back and forth. I love Oshawott and Cyndaquil, but Oshawott being a samurai fits the era so much better.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Although I like all three, I'll go with Oshawott, as it has the best movepool of the three, and Water is my favourite type.

Mr. MoonStone

Just your average everday moon fan
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I've used Oshawott and Cyndaquil in other playthroughs more times than I've used Rowlet, so I'm kind of thinking the chunky owl-loaf is going to be my partner for this game. But I love all three starters and could see myself doing multiple plays with each one. I think they made a really good choice with that trio!

Last edited:

Aulos

Sappho's Friend
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
I have always picked the Water starter and I couldn't be happier to pick Oshawott, since Samurott is my favorite Water Pokemon starter.

Javier952

Reaction score
I’m the type of person that doesn’t like to use the same pokémon twice in a play through and since I’ve used all three starters for LA, I have no idea what I’m going to do…

I’ve thought about just leaving it behind in the PC (or equivalent) and catching a different mon to be my starter lol But I’m warming up to the idea of using Cyndaquil since it’s one of my top starters and I haven’t used the little guy since soulsilver.

While writing this I actually decided I might choose a starter to keep in its first/middle stage to differentiate it from other play throughs. We’ll see :)

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I can't not choose Cyndaquil I love that lil fire baby. We shall run through the fields and hopefully not accidentally start any wildfires.

[disclaimer: if possible there will likely be AT LEAST one wildfire]