• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starter are you going to pick?

Which starter are you going to pick?

• Rowlet

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 59 54.1%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 26 23.9%

• Total voters
Although I believe that it is the start Pokémon that makes the least sense in relation to the theme proposed by the game itself, I will choose Cyndaquil.

First because it is my favorite among the three, second because his last form is faster than the others two options and finally because I don't like Samurott prior evolutions and neither Dartrix.

Last edited:
bnor3ntardd51.jpg

I'm really not sure here.

The one I'm most feeling atm is Cyndaquil, but at the same time Rowlet was the one starter I never chose during Gen 7's tenure.

Easy choice for me, Cybdaquil. One of my favorite of all time. Rowlet is not bad, maybe in a second playthrough I might use him.

I really do hope there's some method of getting the other two without resorting to trading, otherwise completing the world's first ever Pokédex might be difficult lol. :unsure:

I'm not sure if there will even be any trading, if this is a single-player game. Maybe this will be the first game where the starters, being from other regions, don't appear in the Pokedex and so aren't required to complete it. Or the other two could be gifted to you in the postgame, perhaps.

If you can get the other two somehow I'm going to love this game.

I'm not sure if there will even be any trading, if this is a single-player game. Maybe this will be the first game where the starters, being from other regions, don't appear in the Pokedex and so aren't required to complete it. Or the other two could be gifted to you in the postgame, perhaps.

If you can get the other two somehow I'm going to love this game.
I am pretty sure that them specifying that these starters were brought from different regions and not caught in Sinnoh, right before saying your task is to complete the first Sinnoh dex, means that these starters are not in the dex you are creating.

Maybe you are gifted the others in a post game thing, or even as you progress, but I’m confident none of the three will be in the dex you’re making.

Cyndaquil was my first Pokemon back in Silver, so being able to choose it again after all this time in a new experimental game just sounds amazing and still makes me happy. The idea of using another save file to start off with an Oshawottt as well is still rather appealing to consider as well, but it would depend on how many Pokemon are available. If I can choose Cyndaquil as my starter and later on get Oshawott, then I'd be quite happy since Oshawott is one of my favorite Water starters too.

Cyndaquil and it's not even close lol, I ALWAYS without exception pick the Water starter for a native region, but that was in normal games, so I'm saving Oshawott for the next time we get a Unova game, likewise I would pick Totadile in a Johto remake, and I actually used an Eviolite Dartrix in Pokemon Sun rather recently, Cyndaquil I have only used recently in Crystal VC, but I'd love to use it in a 3D, open world game like LA.

They've put me in a terrible position because I love all three. I am actually having a hard time deciding. I am leaning towards Cyndaquil 'cause we know Sinnoh is infamous for having almost no fire types, BUT since we don't know what will be in the game I might decide otherwise later.
But I would be happy with any of them

I mean, Decidueye is my top 1 Pokémon of all time so the choice is pretty obvious. Luckily I've used all before in their respective gens, so I don't have to worry about that.

Cyndaquil, no doubt. I think there's gonna be more Fire-types around than there were in DP, so I'm not worried about that. I'm picking Cyndaquil because it's one of my favorite starters and I've used it every chance I've gotten before.

If I ever replay it though, I'll go for Oshawott - though I'll probably not evolve it fully, since I like Dewott the most. (Sorry Rowlet, but you just can't compete with those other two for me...)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom