• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starter Pokémon would you choose from each region?

Everytime I go to Kanto, I always choose Bulbasaur. Its not because its good for the first 3 or 4 gyms, its because I love Venusaur and is my favourite starter, period.

Johto - Totodile. Whenever I fight Meganium, my Croconaw pwns it every time. I refuse to evolve my Croconaw.

Hoenn - Torchic. I love my Blaziken. Bounce...bounce...bounce.....

Sinnoh - Piplup. I know a lot of you think its ugly and it can easily be beaten by Infernape but my Empoleon...
Hydro Cannon
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Drill Peck
PWNS

Isshu - As my starter, I would like to choose Tsutatarja (cant spell it) but overall, Pokabu is strongest and has the best movepools so Id choose that instead.

Kanto- I usually go with Charmander, Charizard is just so cool.

Johto- Chikorita always wins me over. She/he doesn't have very good type advantage against most gyms, but I like the family and so I choose Chikorita.

Hoenn- Torchic is way cool. It evolves into that awesome fighting bird thing.

Sinnoh- ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I guess....Chimchar? Don't like them that much.

Isshu- ............well, since this is a starter choice thread.....i guess Pokabu....

Kanto - Squirtle. I like all three starters, Bulbasaur especially, but the Squirtle line has always been my favorite.

Johto - Totodile.

Hoenn - To be honest, I don't really like any of the Hoenn starters. *shot* I'd probably choose Torchic because I like Fighting types.

Sinnoh - Piplup. Empoleon is a beast. B|

Isshu - Pokabu. I love Enbuoh's design. I don't even care that he's a "ripoff of a ripoff."

As I both games that are released I play one as the girl and one as the boy.

Kanto

FireRed: (Girl - Lousie) Bulbasaur
LeafGreen: (Boy - Karl) Squirtle
Got Charmander through AR

Johto

HeartGold: (Lyra) Totodile
SoulSilver: (Ethan) Chikorita
Got Cyndaquil through AR

Hoenn

Ruby: (May) Torchic
Sapphire: (Brendan) Treecko
Emerald: (Brendan) Mudkip

Sinnoh

Diamond: (Dawn) Piplup
Pearl: (Lucas) Turtwig
Platinum: (Dawn) Piplup
Platinum: (Lucas) Chimchar
I am going to be buying another Platinum

Isshu

Black: (Girl Character) Mijumaru
White: (Boy Character) Tsutaja 1st time Pokabu 2nd time
Grey: (Girl Charcater) Mijumaru

I also buy both Mystery Dungeon games and two copies of every Pokemon Ranger game that is released.

Kanto- Charmander
Johto- Cyndaquil
Hoenn- Treecko
Sinnoh- Turtwig
Isshu- Tsutarja

Kanto: All due respect to Charmander, but I'm going with Squirtle here.
Johto: Either Totodile or Chikorita. I'll get back to this later.
Hoenn: Why yes, I do liek Mudkipz! How kind of you to ask!
Sinnoh: Piplup. Empoleon is just too epic to pass up.
Isshu: Mijumaru. Insert "Daikenki" where Empoleon is in the above sentence.
Johto again: Hmm... I like the Totodile family, and it would keep the all-Water theme alive, but I love the Chikorita family...
WHAT DO I DO? D:

I make the decision over the coolness of the pokemon. So:
Kanto: Charmander. Charizard is badass, you can't deny that!
Johto: Totodile. 'Cause Feraligatr owns.
Hoenn: Torchic because of Blaziken.
Sinnoh: Piplup. The Sinnoh startes aren't really to my liking, but Empoleon is cool.
Isshu: Probably Pokabu, again because of the final evo.

Kanto-- Probably the toughest choice for me because I really do like all three. I think I'd end up going with Squirtle, though, because even though Bulbasaur is the cutest, Blastoise is just awesome. =)

Johto-- CYNDAQUIL. Easy. Typhlosion is my 2nd favorite Pokemon ever, and he's my absolute favorite starter. ♥

Hoenn-- Treecko. He was my first Pokemon and I think, as far as Grass-types go, Sceptile is pretty decent.

Sinnoh-- Chimchar. I don't like slow Pokemon, and Empoleon and Torterra don't seem to have much to make up for their sad speed. So I'm picking Infernape because he matches my team's battle style.

Isshu-- Not sure yet, because I've been trying not to spoil the game until I get it. I think Mijumaru looks the cutest, though, and his middle evo has a great design! So probably him.

Kanto: Squirtle
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Piplup
Isshu: Mijumaru (might try Tsutarja later)

Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Piplup
Isshu: Mijumaru

Kanto: Charmander. Charizard is just cool.
Johto: Cyndaquil. Eruption FTW.
Hoenn: Mudkip. I liek mudkipz :p
Sinnoh: Turtwig. Torterra is my all time favourite Pokemon.
Isshu: Um, I'm not sure. Tsutarja or Mijumaru.

Kanto: It's a tie between Charmander and Bulbasaur. I just love their last evos, and their both cute. Squirtle is cool and nice and cute, too, but I like the other two quite a lot more.

Johto: Cyndaquil!! Easy choice there. Typhlosion is overall great, and you just gotta love the cute little fire type.

Hoenn: MUDKIP!!! No explanation needed.

Sinnoh: Piplup or Turtwig. Chimchar just bugs me. Also, I may have preferred Piplup before, but I've grown a liking to Turtwig, as well. Who wouldn't love the big green fella and/or the great penguin? Though, if I had to make precisely one choice, I'd probably pick Turtwig.

Isshu: Mijumaru.. Just looks more appealing to me than the others. And otters are nice XD

Kanto: :lx001: and :lx004: are great but I love :lx007:
Johto: Tie Between :152-2: and :lx158:
Hoenn: :258:
Sinnoh:
t253498413_87673.gif

Kanto: Charmander, always. I love lizards (salamanders if you wanna be a pain) and dragons. Plus Charmander ish so cute~

Johto: Cyndaquil, I absolutely adore Quilava and Typhlosion. They look like cute little weasels.

Hoenn: Treecko was my first pick, and I've always loved it. Grovyle is so hnnnnngh.

Sinnoh: Chimchar because it's so cute (despite the lack of tail D:<). Plush Monferno and Infernape are pretty hardcore.

Isshu: Blargh, I dunno about this. Um... Mijumaru? I hate pigs and the smugness of a certain Smugleaf, so Mijumaru it is. It's a lot more appealing to me.

As you can see, I like fire-type Pokemon. :D

Kanto: Charmander - Charizard is full of win.
Johto: Cyndaquil - Typhlosion is full of win.
Hoenn: Mudkip - Swampert is full of win/always vowed to pick it when I first got my Ruby version.
Sinnoh: Piplup - Empoleon is full of win.

Kanto: Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard
Johto: Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr
Hoenn: Torchic-Combusken-BLAZIKEN
Sinnoh: Piplup-Prinplup-Empoleon
Unova: Oshawott-Futachimaru-Daikenki

From Kanto, I picked Charmander. I regret this. ._.
In Yellow, of course I had no choice but Pikachu. But he's cute anyway, so it's fine.

In Johto (both Crystal and HG) I went with Cyndaquil.

In Hoenn, I went with Torchic, who was awesome!

In Shinnoh, I carried on tradition and went with Chimchar, who became one of my favorite Pokemon ever!

And in Unova, I went with Tepig. I'm the ultimate fire-starter trainer! No, not really.

Basically, I always go with the fire starter, no matter what. They are all awesome in one way or another! 8D Because fire is just that awesome, it is. Not when it's on a rampage, but you know what I mean...

Kanto- Charmander...This is probably the toughest choice out of all regions...Each starter is AWESOME. Blastoise is kick butt! But so are the other two. I just prefer Charizard a little bit.

Johto- Cyndaquil...This choice is a bit easier...The designs aren't as good as the first generation starters in my opinion, and cyndaquil becomes the really cool Typhlosion!

Hoenn- Mudkip...I like Sceptile also, and I don't really like Blaziken's desgin, so Mudkip is cool and he/she becomes Swampert who is really cool

Sinnoh- Chimchar...I love Piplup, and Turtwig, but their final evolutions are kinda disappointing to me. Infernape is awesome!

Unova- Oshawott...I didn't really like the design for him/her when I saw all three starters. I actually preferred Snivy, but after looking at the final evolutions it had to be Daikenki that stood out to me. Now Daikenki is one of my top starters of all time probably second to Charizard!

I usually choose the starter on how much I like the design. If I feel like the final evolution is kinda ugly I won't choose that pokemon.
3 fire
2 water
0 grass- I only chose grass when I wanted to change it up when I played Soulsilver. I just think of grass types as the weakest usually. I don't know why...

Kanto - Charmander

Charizard has always been and still is one of my favorite Pokemon. Actually it was probably my favorite for a long time during Gen 1 and 2. And probably early gen 3 as well.

Johto - Cyndaquil

Typhlosion was my favorite Johto starter evolution.

Hoenn - Torchic

Blaziken's just badass.

Sinnoh - Piplup

This was a tough one. I really like both Empoleon and Infernape, but I think Empoleon's just a little bit cooler.

Unova - Snivy

Tepig and Snivy are both really cool, but Snivy's last evo is easily the coolest of Unova starters.

So yeah, I usually prefer Fire starters.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom