• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starter Pokémon would you choose from each region?

Kanto: Charmander/Squirtle
Johto: Totodile/Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Treecko/Torchic
Sinnoh: Turtwig/Chimchar
Snivy: Snivy/Oshawott

/[starter] ~ My second choices, most of these are really hard to choose. Especially Kanto, but I made the choice in HG/SS when I could obtain 3 starters; Charmander, Totodile, and Treecko. Sinnoh had great starters, too, but I think anime Piplup influenced me.. negatively. Unova has great starters, but Tepig is only awesome in it's first form. Looks like a prefer reptilian starters, with mammalian at a close second. Besides Torchic.

Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Totodile
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Chimchar
Unova: Tepig

Fire Starter for all Generations but 2. (No offense to the Cyndaquil line; I love it.)

Kanto: Bulbasaur. Difficult to choose between him and Squirtle, since I adore Wartortle, but yeah.
Johto: Chikorita. Cute as hell.
Hoenn: Treecko. Its final evolution is awesome.
Sinnoh: Piplup. Adorable.
Unova: Oshawott. Adorable in all three forms. It just gains badassness once it reaches the Samurott stage.

Kanto: Charmander or Pikachu.
Johto: Cyndaquil. Quilava is adorable <3.
Hoenn: Torchic.
Sinnoh: Piplup.
Unova: Oshawott.

I would go:

Squirtle for Kanto (Original favorite Pokemon.)

Cyndaquil for Johto (Typhlosion is my new favorite Pokemon.)

Treecko for Hoenn (I don't really like any of them, but I really hate Torchic and I already have a Water Pokemon.)

Turtwig for Sinnoh (Torterra is really the only one I like. Great Pokemon.)

Tepig for Unova (I don't like any of the first forms but love all three last forms. I just like Emboar best.)

I've done this in my head countless times. My favorites are definitely...

Kanto: Bulbasaur
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Piplup
Unova: Snivy.

Oooh, yeah!

Kanto: Charmander (it's my boyfriend's favorite)
Johto: Chikorita (it's really cute)
Hoenn: Mudkip (Obviously)
Sinnoh: Turtwig (That's what I picked as my starter)
Unova: Tepig (That's what I picked as my starter)

Kanto: Charmander, because he evolves into Charizard and not Venusaur or Blastoise.
Johto: Cyndaquil, because he's just cooler than the others.
Hoenn: MUDKIP
Sinnoh: I hate them all, but I hate Turtwig the least.
Unova: Oshawott. He looks a bit retarded at first, unlike the other two, but when he evolves, he's much cooler than the other two.

Kanto: Charmander or Bulbasaur. Pikachu if I can!
Johto: Cyndaquil or Totodile.
Hoenn: Any, I love them all!
Sinnoh: Chimchar or Turtwig.
Unova: Oshawott or Snivy.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom