• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Starter will you choose, and what will you nickname it?

Which Starter will you pick

• Total voters

Regiruler

Miss me?
Reaction score
Which starter will you pick for BW. I''ll be going with the grass one.

Last edited:
Re: Which Starter

Unless the Fire starter looks stupid/has a stupid secondary type (like Chimchar), I'll be picking fire.

While I do tend to lean more towards the water starter at first, upon seeing this one I immediately fell in love with it. So naturally when I import Black, I'm going to start with the Sea Otter(At least, that's what the water starter looks like to me).

I'm picking the Water starter, even if its design isn't the best. I might go with the Grass one as well, provided GameFreak gives it good moves.

Im with the Fire Type
The Grass starter isn't bad either

well the last evolution will bring the decision, but for now I vote for the Fire starter

Which starter will you pick for BW. I''ll be going with the grass one.

NOTE: Will be updated once official names are revealed

The names are revealed. Get a better source

Legendary Pokemon said:
The names of the starters are "Tsutaaja" [ツタージャ] for the Grass-type which is classified as a grass snake Pokémon, "Pokabu" [ポカブ] for the Fire-type which is classified as a fire pig Pokémon and "Mijumaru" [ミジュマル] for the Water-type, classified as a racoon Pokémon.
Source: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/

Grass type all the way.

The grass one looks like a boss. I'm picking the grass starter for the first time ever (and I've played every main series game)

Same thing here, tough I have to wait for the final evolutions to choose, if i don't like it, I'll go with the fire piggy.

It's too early to tell right now. The otter is very quickly growing on me though.

I think the grass one is the most aesthetically pleasing, and the prospect of boar or otter evolutions don't really interest me anyway. So grass, I guess. There are still more pokemon to come though, so depending on what it evolves into, chances are I might not even use it anyway.

The grass one, though i choosed already from past a fire type and a water type: piplup, charmander, cyndaquil, and torchic

I always pick grass, and this time it won't be any different.

Even though only the DESIGNS HAVE BEEN SHOWN. It's HeartGold/SoulSilver all over again... >_>

I can't decide until I see their final forms. But I'm leaning toward fire piggy.

As long as the other stages aren't ruined, than definetly the Fire starter. So much better than Hikozaru was.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom