• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starter will you choose?

Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup?

• Turtwig

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Piplup

Votes: 36 37.9%

• Total voters
I just love Turtwig so much more than the other two (no offense, they're fine, it's just... look at him!). I can't see myself not picking it again.

Oof. Now I'm thinking Chimchar... see I was playing GO this morning and I battled Sierra, who used a Gliscor, so I thought to myself "man a Gliscor would be fun to use in BDSP since Gligar is (presumably) available fairly early unlike in B2W2," but then I realized that it'd have type overlap with Torterra, which I always prefer to avoid. Of course, I do like the Chimchar line, just not as much as Turtwig. But Gliscor is really cool...

Poochama! It’s so adorable and my favorite Sinnoh starter. I’m thinking of not evolving it.

Normally I'd choose Chimchar, but if the starters aren't shiny locked, I'm gonna give shiny hunting a starter a shot. Either Chimchar or Piplup.

Piplup in Shining Pearl, Chimchar in Brilliant Diamond.

always piplup!! honestly i'm treating my eventual run of SP (WHEN IT GETS HERE) as a "OG platinum run but better" and with more team coordination. by which i mean i actually have a plan this time. i didn't have one the first time i ran it lmao.

In BD, I chose Chimchar (I have this weird tradition of picking the Fire starter first, in honour of my first ever Pokemon being a Charmander), but I'm going to choose Piplup in SP because . . .
I actually don't know. I just kinda like it, lol.

In BD, I chose Chimchar (I have this weird tradition of picking the Fire starter first, in honour of my first ever Pokemon being a Charmander), but I'm going to choose Piplup in SP because . . .
I actually don't know. I just kinda like it, lol.
Also for something different. Since you will be using Piplup, you won't need a Water Type.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom