• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Which starter will you choose?

Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup?

• Turtwig

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Piplup

Votes: 36 37.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
turtwig.png
chimchar.png
piplup.png

Ah, there's nothing like a good old starter Pokémon poll! Who will you choose - Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup?

I will almost certainly be choosing Turtwig. It was my #1 favourite Pokémon for a while, and has always been my go-to starter in both Pearl and Platinum. Part of me thinks it would be cool to shake things up and choose Piplup, and then use Turtwig in Legends: Arceus instead, but I'm a creature of habit and I don't think it would feel right not having Turtwig with me in modern day Sinnoh.

It'll be Turtwig, just like over a decade ago.

Torterra was and still is my favorite of this trio of starters.

I'm not going to buy these games. Anyway, since Empoleon is my favourite pokemon, I voted for Piplup. Turtwig's and Chimchar's lines are great as well. I really like them, easily one of the best starters trio. Kind of weird to see Chimchar getting 0 votes, since Inferneape was so popular. If I'm not mistaken the fire/fighting hate became a real thing after Pignite and Emboar.

Chimchar, because the rest of the Fire-types in Sinnoh suck, especially since we don't know if we're getting the vanilla Sinnoh Dex or the Platinum Dex. Plus, it's the most versatile of the three and has the best advantages in Sinnoh. And I tend to favor Fire starters anyway. As much as I love Torterra, I can't pick him because he just plain suffers in his home region. Both he and Empoleon just aren't built too well for Sinnoh, so Infernape will be my starter of choice.

Probably not gonna buy the game, but shhh.

I’d get Turtwig because it’s the one Sinnoh starter I didn’t have a run with in Diamond (that game is far too slow for me to restart often). Though the fire type issue is something to take into account because I don’r really like Rapidash.

This is the million dollar question for me. I picked Chimchar in Pearl and Platinum because I HATED the other two back in the day (and with Platinum it was mainly so I could go through the story normally with it, since I went through Pearl without evolving Chimchar). Soooooo, realistically I should want to give one of the other two a shot. But, another part of me wants to be nostalgic and use my precious Chimchar line in 3D. Also, if the dex allows for it, I would like to use Leafeon on my team which would mean I wouldn't really need Turtwig. Part of me also wants to us Bibarel and if I do that, then I wouldn't really need Piplup. So either way, the stars may align and I'll go with ma boi Chimchar for yet a third time.

I was going to pick Chimchar due to old times sake. But I got lucky and got a one through Wonder Trade in Home. So this time I think I will go with Turtwig. I used it in Platinum but haven't really used it since.

Haven't decided for sure yet and a lot of it depends on the dex, but I'm thinking of picking Turtwig this time just because I've never actually given it a chance and I hear good things about Torterra from those who did pick it.

I don't plan on getting the games but if I ever have a change of heart I guess I'd choose Piplup. But honestly I've played the Sinnoh games so much that I'm bored with all 3 Sinnoh starters so I would probably leave Piplup in my PC and use Floatzel as my regional Water type instead any ways lol.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom