• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Which starter will you choose?

Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup?

• Turtwig

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Piplup

Votes: 36 37.9%

• Total voters
Perhaps they meant that Torterra’s Ground typing gives them an advantage over Infernape and Empoleon considering both are weak to Ground.
That’s what I love about the Sinnoh group. Through one way or another (such as Empoleon requiring TM support), the three of them are able to check each other if need be, when fully evolved.

That’s what I love about the Sinnoh group. Through one way or another (such as Empoleon requiring TM support), the three of them are able to check each other if need be, when fully evolved.
You know, I never thought about it like that (note: I'm using moves I would actually use):

Torterra: Has Earthquake to deal with both of them.

Infernape: Has Brick Break to deal with Empoleon and Flamethrower to deal with Torterra.

Empoleon: Has access to Ice Beam to deal with Torterra and Surf to deal with Infernape.

By the way, isn't this also true for the Kalos starters?

I'm going with Piplup because it's my personal favourite of the Sinnoh starters, but hopefully I'll eventually track down a PAL-region Gen 5 game at a decent price so I can transfer my Infernape from Pearl to HOME (and then into BD)

And when I do, the GTS will be littered in Buneary eggs :D

Piplup's my current choice for BD but I might go with Chimchar for SP. I won't even consider Turtwig after having a bad experience with it in Platinum.

Now that I can't use Home, meaning I can only use one starter, I decided on Turtwig. It's my third Sinnoh playthrough and Turtwig is the starter I haven't picked yet.

Turtwig again. The first time I picked Turtwig over Chimchar, I've never looked back. Assuming I do get Brilliant Diamond, I plan to finally have my "first" playthrough with Torterra this time.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom