• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starting town is your favorite?

Pallet town would be my favourite, though New Bark Town would come close as well. These miniature towns are just really memorable for me. Littleroot was also ok, though I disliked Twinleaf for some reason (probably the music).

I'd have to say Pallet Town. Nostalgia, it's simple, but not too simple. Kanako Town is a close second.

I like New Bark Town, mainly because of the windmills and the east/west route placement. That makes it feel more open. I'm pretty sure it's also the only town you need to re-visit to progress further in the game.

They all have great themes to them, Pallet and New Bark's stick in my head the most.

But I would have to say New Bark, slightly biased because Gold was my first game.

I'll have to wait for the US release of B/W to judge its starting town (Kanako Town, was it?). Johto and Isshu are my two favorite regions at the moment.

Zervah said:
Pallet town. You can't say you don't like it :)

I can. :/ Pallet Town isn't all that awesome to me. It's mostly the music imo.

For me, I really love Littleroot Town and Twinleaf Town. Both places have a safe and snug feel, warm and cozy-like. Plus the music of both places is just nothing short of sweet and lovely and soothing.

Plus Twinleaf wins because of snow in Platinum. Yay, a taste of Alaska at last! 8D -bricked-

Anyway...music. In every game since Crystal, I always hatch eggs at the starting town. So naturally, I'm going to want a town with music I like. Which is why Littleroot and Twinleaf are for me.

Last edited:
Littleroot town then Newbark as second place :)

New Bark, because its layout was actually unique. That, and its music is super nostalgic....the original music, at least.

I also like Pallet Town, because it connects to the ocean, which is awesome. Also has nostalgic music.

Dont know anything about the new B/W town yet....

Pallet Town, mostly cause of the music xP But I like all the hometowns.

New Bark is the only one with a different layout (I haven't played or seen the starting village in Isshu) so that one wins.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom