• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starting town is your favorite?

Having Aspertia City be, well, a city in Black/White 2 was a nice change of pace for me and the setting is cool.

I also really like Vaniville Town in Kalos in part because of how small it is. It looks like you could form a really close knit community with your neighbors there. Though I have to wonder if Vaniville and Aquacorde should also count as one starting town because the latter is where you get your starter and Route 1 can barely be considered a route. Even if you merge the two though my point still stands because it’s still a charming little town where everybody would know everybody.

I like how there are multiple events in New Bark:

1. Silver watching the player receive a starter.
2. The police inquiry about Silver.
3. Showing Togepi to Prof. Elm.
4. Receiving the Master Ball (all games) and being directed to the Kimono Girls (HGSS).
5. Crossing the river to get to Kanto.
6. Getting a S.S. Aqua ticket from Prof. Elm.
7. Silver apologizing to Prof. Elm (HGSS).
8. Spiky-eared Pichu exposition (HGSS).

That and you keep in touch with your mom throughout the journey for items, so she has some presence. Also, the music captures the feeling of a "new beginning" very well.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom