• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which stat do you value the most?

Which Stat do you value the most?

• HP

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Attack (Phy)

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Defense (Phy)

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Special Attack

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Special Defense

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Speed

Votes: 30 39.0%

• Total voters
I'm all about Special Attack, most of my favourite Pokemon have high Special Attack so it ends up playing a huge role on my team. Unfortunately, my team can also be rather frail at times, so I also highly value speed so I can get in there first and land a good hit.

Speed Speed Speed Speed! All of my main teams have been sweepers, I like fast pokemon, I like to finish my opponents off as fast I possibly can. I like typing fast and I like a lot of fast things. Ironically, I dont drive fast.

If you could land a Sheer Cold or Fissure on the first turn... that would be really epic. Speed wins? maybe? XDD

Special Attack because most of my fave Pokemon have a high Special Attack so I use it a lot.

I love Attack. It's not exactly strategic, I know, but I've always been all about brute strength. It's fulfilling to see your Pokemon beat the shit out of another.

Speed. I want to hit/faint the other Pokemon before it can hit me.

I value the stats in
Defense, Sp.Def., Health, Speed, Atk., Sp.Atk.
order, pretty much.

Varies from pokemon to pokemon of course, and team to team (I like to have a fairly balanced distribution of stats across my team).

Probably Attack. Most of my favourite moves are physical since Special Attacks are easier to wall, what with Pokemon like Blissey and Snorlax around. Moves like Swords Dance and Dragon Dance being far more common than Nasty Plot sweeten the deal further.

I would've pick speed before the existence of Trick Room. It's still nice to have the speed advantage most of the time, especially early on, but one well-timed Trick Room use can turn some of the most brutal sweepers into wet paper. I'd say it's my second most valued stat.

At one point, I would have said Special Attack, but now it's physical Attack that I value the most. My team is mostly of the tank variety so they really need to have a goody, beefy Attack stat with Defense not far behind. Speed has never really mattered with me, as my team has a tendency to outlast a first strike then retaliate and go for the kill.

I like all of them, but I have special thing towards Speed.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom