• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Storyline Was Your Favorite?

Which Storyline Was Your Favorite?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I was supposed to make this thread ages ago, but kept forgetting. But I guess now is a good time since more people will have played/finished the games by now.

So of the three main story paths, which was your favorite? Mine was definitely Starfall Street because I thought the story behind Team Star was so interesting and a complete shock from how I expected things would go. I also love all of the Team Star bosses as characters, and Clive was great too. Also, just the unique gameplay of having to storm the base through Auto Battles and then fight the boss on a Starmobile was so fun for me.

BTW: I didn't include The Way Home since that's more of a final story and I feel like most people would pick it :p

Victory Road: Cool, but it could have had more stories and backstories.

Path of Legends: Cool, but it could have had more stories and characters.

Starfall Street: Guess which one has it all? I agree that making the two secret characters (Cassiopea and the Team Star leader) Penny all along was kind of a weak reveal, but the gameplay is very creative and the backstories about every captain make you care about them.

Loved both Path of Legends and Starfall Street but out of the two it has to be the latter for me. Felt like the battles had the best of both worlds compared to titans and gyms, you got a team of mons to deal with as well as a 'boss' with the car at the end of each fight. I also absolutely adore Team Star as characters, definitely my favourite antagonist team (can't exactly call them 'evil' tho). Eri and Ortie especially are up there as some of my favourite Pokémon characters period and I really hope that Game Freak does more with the team in the future, whether in DLC, the upcoming anime, manga, or other games.

It's a toss-up between Victory Road and Path of Legends. I can say this right now: I liked Team Star's origins and the ending of Starfall Street, but I'm honestly just sick and tired of fighting Teams that are just outcasts or misfits or simple troublemakers or what have you. That overall story structure has worn out its welcome, I wanna get back to fighting actual terrorists and cults again!

And not in the Team RR way!

Honestly starfall street. It’s fun seeking out the bases and each leader was memorable for me. The battles were mostly challenging and although the twist was so predictable at the end, it was still a nice bookend for the saga. Victory road was pretty generic and path of legends didn’t feel as engaging for me gameplay wise, but I did the wrong order towards the end

Path of Legends and Starfall Street. I loved Team Star got to stay together and get a formal apology about their bullying, and I loved the Titan battles and the ending story with Area Zero

Let's see.

Victory Road: Nothing really interesting here, just your usual Pokémon stuff.

Path of Legends: This honestly felt like the prologue to The Way Home for me, thus consequently felt like the "true" story of the game. I also felt Arven was the most well written character in the game. Too bad the Titan fight was not as exciting.

Starfall Street: The 5 bosses were actually pretty nice. Too bad they didn't have too much time to be as fleshed out as Arven. They tried a new, cool idea for the grunt fight. But, again, too bad the execution fell short of the potential it had. The time limit is too long and it became samey after a couple of base raid.

So I guess I had the most fun playing Path of Legends.

Arven's story is the best but I personally find the professor to be more interesting than him. Out of all the sad mommy/daddy plots, Arven doesn't stand out much since he is not as layered and complex as N and in comparison to Lillie who grows as a person and saves Lusamine he comes across as very helpless as he is unable to do anything about his parents' tragic fates.

I'd say that he is about as good of a character as Silver, maybe slightly below him since Silver has good character development in HGSS and the continuity from FRLG when they first hinted at Giovanni being his dad was a good mystery spanning across several games and even the manga.

The professor is more unique since they have their gimmick (mass extinction/consequences of computerization) and their unexpected character death which distinguished them from Giovanni, Ghetsis and Lusamine. They also referenced the unused plot with Oak's impostor, call-backs to Space world demo are always fun.

Gameplay-wise, Victory Road. The classic gym leader setup just works for this series and I had fun traveling from place to place.

Boss-wise, Starfall Street. The team leaders had tons of personality and the Starmobiles are so fun like the Pokestar Studios props.

Story-wise, tie between Starfall Street and Path of Legends. Arven and Mabosstiff do hit right in the feels but with the way Pokemon Centers work and not a lot of descriptors for Mabostiff’s condition it was hard to connect the dots. I also like that it feels like the true “main story” of the game since it connects the most directly to the final one. Starfall Street had the strongest collection of characters but Arven has the single best arc for me.

Defs Path of Legends. initially, it was about getting the spices so Miraidon would learn new tricks, but that quickly became less important than Mabosstiff. This was the only one with actual stakes you could feel.

of course, i also enjoy the tried-and-true gym challenge, though Nemona kinda missed the mark. Starfall Street had some interesting ideas, but the lackluster execution made it the lesser of the three.

Path of Legends, definitely. I've played the full game twice, and this was the path that seemed the most significant and thought out to me.

Victory road was fine, but also quite standard. I couldn't name one gym leader tbh.

Starfall Street had better characters than Victory Road, and I liked the boss battles, but the story was pretty dull.

I had to vote for victory Road because Victory Road had the best ending ever after a Pokémon league. Though, I legitimately HATED when Nemona made expressions like Hop. That made Nemona a semi-dislikeable character for me.

The game didn’t have any antagonists but maybe they just need a break from super evil villains after falling off for SHSW. The plot was just okay for me

Titans were cool and Arven was a cool character.

I have to say Victory Road I think. Just the main meat and potatoes the series is already known for. Visiting the towns and cities and meeting all the leaders was fun, and Nemona was a great and engaging rival. Idk just felt like some of the most eventful parts of the game for me.

The other two stories definitely had their highs too. Path of Legends had an engaging plot whilst some of my favorite battles came from Starfall

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom