• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which style Pokedex is your favorite?

Same as thread question

• Gen 1 (Kanto)

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Gen 2 (Johto)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Gen 3 (Hoenn)

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Gen 3 (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 4 (Sinnoh) 1st

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Gen 4 (Sinnoh) 2nd

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Gen 4 (Johto)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Gen 5 (Unova)

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

AuraSoul93

Future Frontier Brain
Reaction score
Of the many different version of the Pokedex that there are, which one do you like best? I myself can't decide between them, here are the different versions:

Gen 1 (Kanto)
Gen_I_Pokedex.png

Gen 2 (Johto)
Pok%C3%A9dex_GSC.png

Gen 3 (Hoenn)
Pokedex_Hoenn_Region.png

Gen 3 (Kanto) HUGE
Pokedex_FRLG.png

Gen 4 (Sinnoh) HUGE
Pokedex_DP.png

Gen 4 (Sinnoh) HUGE
Pokedex_Pt.png

Gen 4 (Johto) HUGE
Pok%C3%A9Dex_HGSS_m.png

Gen 5 (Unova) HUGE
Unova_Pokedex_anime.png

EDIT: Honestly, IDK why I didn't add a poll in the first place. :sweatlol: Have at it guys!

Last edited:
Generation 1.
Like the old sayn says "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Generation 4 Johto is the best IMO, it's so easy to find the Pokémon you want with it.

I think the new one looks pretty slick. Nice for it to not be all red.

Just going by looks, both Johto ones are pretty good, but by function... well, still Johto. Generation 4 Johto was the easiest to use, as everyone already said.

Just by looks, I like the first Johto 'dex most. Also the newest is quite cool and surely looks different, which is a nice thing. Gen 4th's Johto 'dex was the best one by function, really liked it. Too bad that Gen 5th 'dex has made a step backward with Pokédex's usabilty imo :(.

Johto Pokedex for sure. As everyone stated its easier to use and it looks really nice. I also like the Unova Pokedex like in the anime.

Unova dex is so slick and awesome looking, I would say the usability is pretty good for the Unova dex, but not as good as Gen. 4 Johto dex.

There really should be a poll for this :p

In terms of looks, Gen V.
I find it a little cumbersome though. Gen IV Johto ftw.

Generation 4 Johto is my favourite. It like it's design and it's easy to use.

I really am not into the games too much but my favorite design wise has to be the Johto PokéDex from the second generation. It looks more "advanced" than the other choices and it has a sleeker quality to it even with the extra tab I guess sticking out to the side. If I had to pick a second option, it would the Hoenn PokéDex.

By function, Sinnoh's is by far my favorite. But by appearance (which really only shows up in the anime, if you really think about it) the original Johto dex is my fave.

Funny, my two favorites are the only two that bear a resemblance to the system hosting the games that version of the Pokedex appears in...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom