• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which style Pokedex is your favorite?

Same as thread question

• Gen 1 (Kanto)

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Gen 2 (Johto)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Gen 3 (Hoenn)

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Gen 3 (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 4 (Sinnoh) 1st

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Gen 4 (Sinnoh) 2nd

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Gen 4 (Johto)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Gen 5 (Unova)

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
It depends on how you're looking at it.

Design-wise, I think I like the GenIV!Johto Pokédex the best.
Usability-wise, I'm leaning towards the Sinnoh Dex.

Also, they all had their own novelty features. I especially liked the GenIII!Kanto Pokédex's habitat based categorization. Sinnoh Dex had the toys in the Cry section. And the Unova Dex's ability to show Shiny Pokémon in the forms section is brilliant.

My favourite would be Gen IV Sinnoh dex. I like being able to play around with all the crys, though it was harder to check gender differences than the Johto dex.
I also prefer the list format of the Sinnoh dex as opposed to the grid format of Johtos.

My favourite is the Unova/Isshu Dex. It's pretty easy to use, it can show gender differences, shinies and animations, and I also like its design, without a cover.

Hoenn Pokedex. I just love the little roller thing and its cover. I have the Hasbro toy for it and I keep messing around with it without actually turning the power on. xD

Second favorite would either be the Unova or Sinnoh Dex. I like Unova's design, coloration, customization, and the ability to see shiny forms. (Which I can actually put to use since I finally got a shiny for once in my life. xD) For the Sinnoh Dex, I loved its Pokeball scroll thing on the touch screen, creating nightmare fuel with cries, and height/weight comparisons.

Probably Unova Dex - it's like a more convenient version of the Sinnoh Dex. HGSS Dex is pretty cool too.

sinnoh dex, because i liked messing around with the touchscreen wheel.

good ol' dexter. i still have the toy pokedex they 1st came out with

Color Me cutting edge because the slide system for Unova is sleek, it's portable, and it looks like serious hardware while the others just don't at least in my opinion.

it's gotta be the old fashioned dexter. I still have my kanto pokedex from 2000. it still works.

Function-wise, Sinnoh and Johto (gen 4). Look-wise, Unova. I wish they could invent a toy Pokedex that acts just like the Anime version. It reads the description to you, shows pictures and everything. I made my own on PowerPoint. Its pretty cool. All 649 Pokemon on there now

Hgss one due to the very interactive interface, and frlg one due to sorting by locations.

Functionally the HGSS pokedex is obviously the best because you can just touch the one you want out of a chart of icons

But style-wise, I think the Hoenn one wins! Assuming the thing on the bottom is some kind of scroll wheel, I think it looks the coolest

I love the Gen 4 Johto Dex. It is the first Pokedex to be available in 2 colours (which in this Pokedex's case are red and pink). The Gen 5 Unova Dex is cool too, it resembles an iPod. This one comes in Black/Red (boys) and White/Pink (girls).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom