• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Which tower did/would you choose in the expansion pass?

Which tower did/would you pick?

• Tower of Darkness

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Tower of Waters

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
1595019791218.png
So the spoiler embargo has ended today, and to celebrate I thought I'd expand on a question I asked in the expansion pass thread. Basically, which tower did you choose and why? Do you prefer to take your opponents out in one hit? Or do you like to wash your foes away with quick, successive blows?

I chose the Tower of Darkness and regret slightly. I was originally going to go with Waters for the sole reason that the Water form doesn’t have a quad weakness, but I have an irl friend who I do all my trades with and he was going with Waters so I decided to go with Darkness so we could exchange forms for the Dex.

...then I realized you get both forms registered to your Dex regardless of what you chose. Including their G-Max forms. But at least the Dark form’s design is pretty badass, so not a total loss.

tower of waters! i really like rapid strike's pose in its gmax form and its overall aesthetic/stance. part of me kinda wishes i chose darkness somewhat mostly because i keep hearing single strike is better in competitive (walled by less stuff) but eh, i'm happy with what i chose.

I technically did both of them as I wanted the full experience, but I didn't save until after the Tower of Darkness since that wouldn't interfere with my choosing G-Max Blastoise for my Isle of Armor team. It helps that Single Strike Urshifu gives me a young Joseph Joestar vibe.

Tower of Waters, Water is my favorite type so it was a no-brainer choice. I liked Single Strike Urshifu sightly better because of its straight stance, but after seeing the coverage and move animations that Rapid Strike offers I don't regret it at all.

Darkness for me because:

1. It has two less weaknesses (Water has Flying, Fairy, Psychic, Grass and Electric while Dark only has Fighting, Fairy and Flying)
2. The Single Strike Form's signature move has more base power than the Rapid Strike form's.
3. I prefer the Single Strike Form's pose.
4. I just like dark types ok.

Vs.
The one thing that stood out to me about the Raid Strike Form being that Water/Fighting is a more unique type combo.

So far I only have the one game, Sword, I will get the Rapid Strike form in Shield when I get it.

Last edited:
Tower of Darkness. The teams I was building needed the Single Strike over Rapid Strike. I also find that Fighting/Dark is better neutral coverage than Water/Fighting.

Went Water just cause of the signature move but I don't really have a preference either way. MOstly cause I'm not going to use it either.

Darkness for me because:

1. It has one less weakness (Water has Flying, Psychic, Grass and Electric while Dark only has Fighting, Fairy and Flying)
The Water form is still weak to Fairy, so it actually has two more weaknesses than Dark.
The one thing that stood out to me about the Raid Strike Form being that Water/Fighting is a more unique type combo.
Technically, they’re both equally “unique”, as they each have only two other families with the same type combination: Scrafty & Pangoro for Dark and Poliwrath & Keldeo for Water.

Actually, your post made me feel a lot better about choosing Dark overall lol.

The Water form is still weak to Fairy, so it actually has two more weaknesses than Dark.

Of course, my bad.

Technically, they’re both equally “unique”, as they each have only two other families with the same type combination: Scrafty & Pangoro for Dark and Poliwrath & Keldeo for Water.

Actually, your post made me feel a lot better about choosing Dark overall lol.

Ah, I'm not too familiar with Keldeo so just had Poliwrath in mind.

chose the water tower! definitely more of a fan of rapid strike style, and fighting/water is a really fun type combo to me. now I need to just....update my Urshifu's EVs from mass leveling it using exp. candies... haha ;_;/
Don’t forget about the EV resetter.

I went with Waters because I prefer Water types overall and it has no 4x Fairy weakness

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom