• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Town/City would you most like to live in?

Well, here's where I would live in each of the regions. :)
Kanto- Vermilion City
Jotho- New Bark Town
Sinnoh- Canalave City
Hoenn- Petalburg City
Unova- Lacunosa Town
And for where I WOULDN'T want to live in these regions...
Kanto- Lavender Town
Johto- Cianwood City
Sinnoh- Snowpoint City
Hoenn- Dewford Town
Unova- Nuvema Town.
But if I could only pick one...Definitively Canalave City. <333

Kanto: Masara Town. I love quaint and peaceful places like this. That, or Shion Town. Yes, I have the balls to live there just so I could badger Mr. Fuji about Mew all day, everyday.
Jouto: Hard to say. Probably Enju City since it's based off of Kyoto, and Kyoto's a pretty cool place to live/go sightseeing in Japan. And judging by this artwork, it's very, very easy to look at. Not to mention, the history of the city's very rich with its legends of Houou, Lugia, and whatnot - it's certainly a very important place in Jouto, and I'd be proud to live there. I also love jidaigeki films, so I'll feel like I'm living in one. Haha.
Houen - Hiwamaki City. TREE HOUSES, MAN.
Shin'ou - Kissaki City. A wonderland of snow? Count me in.
Isshu: Hiougi City. Because Mei lives there.

Last edited:
Kanto: I'd love to live in either Cerulean City or Pallet Town. Cerulean City because of the water (I love the water!) and Pallet Town because it is nice and quiet. What can I say? I don't really like much excitement.
Johto: Probably New Bark Town. It's nice and quiet and the atmosphere is very calm. Besides, it's windy there! I like windy places. Also, maybe Cianwood City. That place is just a giant beach!
Hoenn: I can't really say because I have never played the games. I'm planning to soon though.
Sinnoh: Same as Hoenn, I haven't really played.
Unova: Mistralton City. One of my dreams is to become a pilot. This is the perfect place for me! I also llike Undella Town or White Forest. Living in Undella Town would be like being on a permanent vacation, and White Forest is nice and quiet.

A place I would not like to live is Icirrus City. It snows in the Winter and I hate the cold.

Where I would want to live:
Mahogony town of the Johto region. Its small and quiet and there is a lake just up north. I love Johto and i remember when i played Pokemon Crystal i accidentally went to Mahogony before Olivine City. It had only recently become night so when i went to the lake of rage to find the shiny gyrados it was night and i could just imagine the scene even better. its raining and its cold.. the waters are rough and the wind is fast as I swim out on my Azumarill to go fight the shiny beast. I just love Mahogony. it also reminds me of Real Life Lake Tahoe where if i could i would live in my future.

Where i would not want to live:
Snowpoint. I can't stand being constantly cold. I love the snow but just the constant cold. Its enough that on cold days where i live (where it doesn't even get that cold) i have to bundle up in two sweatshirts and sweats with fuzzy socks. i just don't like being that cold.

Mauville city I love the town and the routes next to it and having a crazy mayor would be sick

Very hard choice for me, maybe Pallet, New Bark, maybe even Goldenrod if Team Rocket wasn't there

I'd like Olivine. Being from a place with a lot of water, beaches, and well, more water in real life, I just can't really imagine living without it. Plus that lighthouse! It'd be fun to climb to the top and feel the sea breeze in my hair...errr...yes. :p

I'd really hate living in any place that's too cold. So, I'd really hate living in Snowpoint, Icirrus City, etc. I just couldn't stand it being so cold most of the time. D;

Looks like everyone here hates the cold. Looks like Hoenn's the best for tropicality. ^^

Q.1
I'd definitely be living in Blackthorn city. Reason: it's next to the dragons den, one of my most favorite locations in the Pokemon world. gym leader of my favorite type. on a mountainside. not hot or too cold cause of the lava in the gym and the ice cave.
Q.2
SNOWPOINT CITY HANDS DOWN.

Goldenrod is incredibly nostalgic for me, but I don't know how much I'd like to live in a city that big. Regardless it'll have to be my first choice for now, although I could see myself living in a couple other cities.

No doubt about it for me would be Ecruteak I love the music and the whole Japanese style that embodied it, also Morty was my favorite gym leader and of course for the ghost type Pokemon :p

I'll list them by region:
Kanto: Celadon City, for the huge shopping mall and grass-type gym!
Johto: Azalea Town, because it's naturey and comfortable.
Hoenn: I could happily live in any city in the Hoenn region, they're all beautiful and interesting.
Sinnoh: Either Floaroma Town because of how quiet and beautiful it is, or Hearthome City for its beauty and contests.
Unova: Nacrene City for all its artistic culture, Castelia City for how exciting and huge it is, or Nimbasa City for its entertainment and musicals and fun factor. With summer trips to Undella Town to get away from it all and for diving of course. :)

I would hate to live in Goldenrod City, if Team Rocket were still there, or Oreburgh City. Imagine how choked up the air would be with fumes and smoke from the mining facility.

Either Cerculean City in G4, Goldenrod City, or Snowpoint City.

I think I might live in Lacunosa, because it's near to the mountains, a river, and the ocean. The architecture is amazing, and the wild pokemon in the routes nearby are adorable. (Combee and Cherrim, I'm looking at you.)

I'd like to live anywhere in Johto or Sinnoh, since I find those places to be more interesting, the different legends, and each of the towns have something different to do in them. I wouldn't even mind living in Snowpoint City. Because I like the cold.

I would like to live in Anville Town, because I love trains and the peace and quiet.i would hate to live in Fortree. It's interesting from a gameplay standpoint, but it's in a goddamn jungle!

Oreburgh City. Imagine how choked up the air would be with fumes and smoke from the mining facility.

Yeah, you don't really think of that normally what with the upbeat music and lack of other camera angles.

Hahaha yeah it's a pretty cheerful sort of place for the industrial park it is. I suppose any place can be made better though if you have Pokemon to work with.

Oh god, this is a tough one.

Hoenn definitely has a kind of South American vibe to it, and I love that! I would be willing to live in Dewford Town because it's the undiscovered beach resort. Mossdeep seems to be kind of like an old whaling port that has been modernized, and while I'm sure it's a polluted place I would be willing to live there because you could have first world amenities and be away from most things. Slateport City is THE CITY, where everything happens and whatnot. I could maybe live there while I'm young for a few years, but I would want peace and quiet eventually. So maybe if I lived outside Slateport but still had a reasonably short travel back I could do it.... which, if you think about it, is what Oldale Town is like. We don't really see Evergrande being an actual city during the games, but if it's a government town with no real established nightlife and whatnot, it would be a good place to raise kids or something I suppose. Sootopolis seems like one of those places where all the houses are built in this distinct style and the population is made up of the combination of old people that have always lived there and young people who have decided that the old style is trendy. You know, one of those places. But in some other life, I could be one of them, I suppose, and the view would be fantastic. Petalburg City is ok, and I would probably live there if there was a good job or something, but it doesn't excite me the way the others do.

...so that's Hoenn. As a whole region, it definitely gets points for the integration of island cities, all of which are among my top options (except Pacifidlog because it would be terrifying, I get seasick, and tying your city to a sentient coral colony is slavery). I don't like when the temperatures get super hot, however, and I am pretty confident in saying that I think Hoenn has hot summers.

Another good region to live would be Orre. I know some people just laughed reading that, but some places in the region are really interesting. Specifically, Phenac City is pretty damn awesome. I know the desert would be even worse than the tropics for heat, but the dry heat I could deal with, and Phenac has definitely designed its city around water and clay buildings that would remain somewhat cool on the inside. Orre may be a third world country, but Phenac is an island of first world luxury (I assume you get a similar feeling upon visiting Dubai or a similar place, not that I have done so). Agate Village would also be acceptable (and safe, apparently) if living in Phenac is ridiculously expensive, but I feel like it is definitely a lesser option since their terrain doesn't really capture my imagination. Also, one of the biggest reasons to live in Orre is Realgam Tower. It is the most fucking epic building in the entire pokemon world, and since Orre is mostly unpopulated/dangerous, I feel like a mediocre pokemon trainer such as myself might actually be able to hold a battling position in the tower, and then I could feel like I was ultra powerful.

I didn't initially like Unova very much, but there are a few cities in the (much better designed, imo) eastern half that I wouldn't mind living in. This may sound dumb, but I could seriously envision myself living in Village Bridge. It was the second time the musicians for the game created the perfect soundtrack for a town (the first being Slateport). And the people there just seemed so happy in their old-style homes. It's definitely a place I would visit if I didn't live there. Undella Town is obviously on my list. It seems like a more developed Dewford Town to me, which has some positives and negatives, but damn, if I could live in the town with the Marine Tube, I would spend so much time down there looking at the deep sea creatures, and I assume I could get a job researching things like Huntail and Mantine. Nuvema Town would be decent if my house could face out to the sea on Route 18, because I could go swim around to all the little islands and whatnot.

EDIT: Lacunosa Town is interesting and is desirable on about the same level as Undella Town, but I didn't think of it before. I still don't think it would be my choice in the end though

Sinnoh is the region I've spent the least time playing in (unlike 90% of people), so I don't really know its towns apart very well. Sandgem Town seems like a decent beach town where it doesn't get super-hot in the summer, and it seems like it would be relatively uncrowded during that time too (unless it is the vacation spot of choice for the entire cold continent during the summer!). I think it probably suffers from small town boredom at times, though. Sunyshore City would be ok, since I would plan to power my house through renewable energy wherever I lived anyway (solar panels I assume would work great in Hoenn/Orre). And it's on the beach AND really part of the first world. Definitely a good choice, I guess. Celestic Town is just barely acceptable, but it seems more like a museum where people can try to experience the past for a day and then leave once they're bored. I assume visiting these places in Sinnoh is kind of like New England in that you can see the old world if you squint and turn your head sideways. The last place in Sinnoh I would consider is the Fight Area on the... uh, Karafuto part, because it's more wild and natural than the rest of Sinnoh, and it seems like the people are in touch with nature more on the level of people in Hoenn. However, it's really far north, and so it probably gets buried in snow during the winter. A definite plus for the region as a whole is the cooler climate, though, and the contrast between the mountains and the ocean for beautiful coastal landscapes.

Kanto and Johto seem kind of overdeveloped/polluted, and Kanto especially seems to suffer from what I call "Virginia coastline", where shrubby forest turns into shrubby forest with rivers which turns into the ocean abruptly with a minimal amount of swamp in-between, all in kind of an ugly continuum. Plus you have 4 major cities that also blur into one another to take up at least a third of the entire region. All negative points toward Kanto. BUT Fuschia City is pretty good, and I imagine it as having all kinds of pretty colors in autumn. It's definitely the best deciduous forest location, if I were to go for that kind of climate. It also has ocean/beach access, and you can go into the 4-city-megalopolis (aka what I assume is the pokemon world's NYC) for fun on the weekends. I would also live in Lavender Town if there was some kind of incentive for me to do so, but it wouldn't be a top choice otherwise. The Sevii Islands are cool but I don't find any of them better than Dewford/Sootopolis/Mossdeep

For Johto cities, Azalea Town is a good choice because it's Fuschia City with fewer people. Cherrygrove is a good alternative to Sandgem Town, since it's pretty much exactly the same. I would consider living on the Lake of Rage if I could afford it, I assume that's where rich people build their houses, and you would be at the foothills of the mountains. Olivine is one of my top choices - it's the less overwhelming and more liveable version of Slateport. I love lighthouses, and I could also go on vacation in the Whirl Islands! Or build a second home out there if I was wealthy lol. Cianwood is nice and has a lot of the things I want in a hometown, but I don't think I would ever choose it over Dewford.

So my final choices, throwing out my lesser options and bolding the stronger options in each category, for where to build my house are:

Beach/island locations:
Dewford
Mossdeep
Sootopolis
Evergrande
Sunyshore
Undella
Nuvema/Cherrygrove
Olivine

Peace and quiet locations:
Dewford again
Oldale Town
Fight Area
Village Bridge
Nuvema/Cherrygrove again

Other locations:
Phenac City
Fuschia City/Azalea

Sunyshore is a more sustainable city than Olivine, which is pretty but won't survive the oil crash in 30 years (I think about these things). But I think I would still live in Mossdeep over either of them because of the scenery. Phenac is really tempting, but I might just be miserable all the time because of the heat. Village Bridge is also REALLY tempting, but I'm not sure if I could be forced to deal with people all the time. Although I feel like in Dewford the heat and small towniness would be less than Phenac and VB, a little of each might make it good for vacation but bad for everyday life.

If Mossdeep has a cool ocean breeze, I'm sold. But when the oil crash happens and the illusion of luxury we live in vanishes, I think I'm moving to Village Bridge.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom