• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Ultra Beast is your favourite and why?

Pheromosa! I just really love how they took something that’s normally seen as gross and scary like a roach, and turned it into something beautiful and charming. She’s honestly become my second favorite Pokémon cause she’s just so interesting to me and fun to work with in art/writing! A shame we won’t see more of her in action in the anime but I did really enjoy the episode she had.

For me, I like all of them, but Poipole line stands out for appearances and stats. I also like both Celesteela, Kartana and Stakataka for robot designs. (I am a fan of robots so that fits.)

Nagandel is to be my favorite just because of how alien and interesting it is, with Xurkitree, Stakataka, and Kartana being runner-ups.

Blacephalon has won my heart lately. I did a Showdown tourney recently with one, and it did pretty solidly that made me appreciate it more.

Lunala is my favourite and one of the main reasons for me to buy Moon. I was sad to find out that most likely it isn't a Pkmn per se but an Ultra Beast. Nevertheless, it a skeleton vampire bat lord whose shiny version seems like it could make a cameo in Castlevania.
As for the more traditional bunch of UB and despite not liking the turn that the extraterrestrial lore has taken with them, I like Naganade because it's purple, it resembles a wasp and just seems tan updated version of a bee enemy in Sonic games that I played in my childhood. I also like Celesteela because it reminds me of a character in Okami.

Poipole, because it is the only one that resembles a living thing to be honest, plus it is cute. I would imagine a party with the cutsy Mythicals, like Jirachi and Mew, and Poipole would be sort of a special guest. It fits. Now, I don't like its evolution, too weird to me.

Guzzlord is pretty cool and menacing, but it doesn't beat Poipole.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom