• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which unbuyable items should be buyable?

Should we able to buy master balls?

• Yes

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Only if it costs a lot

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 47.7%

• Total voters
charge 999,999 for them like that special ribbon thingy in platinum - i spend all my money on vitamins in platinum (got 230 of each at present) & TM's in the dept store because there's nothing decent to buy & the money builds up so quickly

I've have to say, PP Ups would be nice (costing the same as a regular vitamin) and PP Max (maybe like, 32 Battle Points).

If Masterballs are ever to be made purchasable, it should be hard to do so. Money is easy to build up, so I say something like 100BP.

If Masterballs are ever to be made purchasable, it should be hard to do so. Money is easy to build up, so I say something like 100BP.

BP is also easy to build up as well. Especially when battling Palmer (21st battle) in the battle tower. You net 20BP automatically and an extra 6 leading up to it. You can lose on purpose afterward and grind up to that battle again and again.

You can save up BP easily this way.

Of course, Masterballs become almost completely useless when there aren't any more legendaries to capture.

HEART SCALES.

I mean, yeah, they're available at the Pokethalon, but that's only on Wednsday. I mean all-the-time, in a Pokemart. I'm iffy on the price. Certainly not as much as the Vitamins, but not too cheap. 5000 Pokeyen/dollars?

Evolution items should be made buyable: Fire Stone, Oval Stone, Sun Stone, Dragon Scale and the like. In kanto, some of them were worth 2100, but this time maybe 9800 per item.

Same with PP Up. P$14700 or 5BP each.

Yes! I've always wanted these items to be buyable (especially evolution items).

HEART SCALES.

I mean, yeah, they're available at the Pokethalon, but that's only on Wednsday. I mean all-the-time, in a Pokemart. I'm iffy on the price. Certainly not as much as the Vitamins, but not too cheap. 5000 Pokeyen/dollars?
That would kinda defeat the purpose of Move Relearners askign you for them. Why ask for something you can buy yourself? Unless they're so poor.

The point is, it has to make sense if anything can be bought. If Heart Scales can be bought... they're not coveted collector's items anymore, so there would be no Move Relearners, or they'd charge money too.

In my opinion, if all rare Items could be bought, the game would become pretty boring. I approve of every Item, especially Evolution Items, to be available more than once, but making everything buyable, regardless of price... nah. That defeats the purpose of many aspects of the game. Convenience can only go so far before it starts affecting the game itself.

I personally think that being able to buy some of the rarer items takes away from the game. There is a sense of accomplishment when you finally are able to get the one masterball in the game, or when you find a heart scale in the underground, etc... My one complaint would be about the items used to evolve pokemon, specifically the razor claw and others similar to it. If one or two wild pokemon were known to hold this item, then i would be happy since it would be on par with metal coat and dragon scale. I would prefer this route rather than being able to buy the item, regardless of costs.

Personally, I think they should keep it one Masterball a file.
It just wouldn't feel right if more were available.

Thanks.

If buyable, then 1,000,000 poke.

The funny thing is that in BW, you can carry up to 9, 999, 999 yens/PokéDollars.

Mijzelffan said:
No. Especially not with the new critical capture system in B/W.

A critical capture is just the catch formula generating two random numbers instead of four to be compared with the actual value (for example, one shake of the ball and then failure/success instead of three shakes and failure/success), so it isn't as good as it sounds.

For me it would be those competitive play items that are hard to get or are only found once.

Having life orb, tms, leftovers, choice items, pinch berries, focus sash, expert belt buyable would take a load of my shoulders.

oh yeah. I forgot about the Mex Revives. and may I add Ether and Elixir, and their upgrades.

Mex revives? What do those do, revive your pokémon and change the country that it's from when traded over the GTS to Mexico? Change the nickname to the Pokémon's Spanish name when revived with it?

Anyways, I like the rewards card system, or have something like the rewards shop at the Pokéathlon, where you get points for completing stuff like the Pokémon Musical and use those to buy rare items. Maybe have it cost a large number of points, to balance it out, and/or only let you get it on certain days.

Mex revives? What do those do, revive your pokémon and change the country that it's from when traded over the GTS to Mexico? Change the nickname to the Pokémon's Spanish name when revived with it?

Though I guess that was pure sarcasm, Mexico is not a country available to be found in the 'original country' hex address of the Pokémon data structure, and Spanish games use the same names of the English versions.

Though I guess that was pure sarcasm, Mexico is not a country available to be found in the 'original country' hex address of the Pokémon data structure, and Spanish games use the same names of the English versions.

As in, KP was making fun of a typo. It should have read Max Revive.

No way. That's like the strongest ball yet. It not only would ruin the special feel to the ball, but it would be so overused, killing the fact that you actually catch a pokemon with a battle.

masterballs..they wouldnt be cheap of course but i think it would definately be cool if they sold those like just in the department store or something

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom