• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which unbuyable items should be buyable?

Should we able to buy master balls?

• Yes

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Only if it costs a lot

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 47.7%

• Total voters
No, not in a million years should they sell Master Balls for any price or under any circumstance other than the one you receive in the main story and the lottery. You already have chances to get more than two in the same file.

And most people I've seen just use Pokesav to get what they need, despite the many resources they already have legitimately in the game.

The only unbuyable items that should have been buyable were the RageCandyBar and the Slowpoke tail in HGSS.

But seriously, you should be able to buy PP-Related items.

Yeah, there should be some team Rocket/Whatever villainous team there is member selling it for the unreachable price. That would be funny to see new players think-: "Just one more P$..... WHAT!?!?!"

And, As I've said before, you can get 10 Masterballs easily in Gen IV (and, unless I'm mistaken, Gen V) by playing a game from the previous generation to the point where you get the Masterball, then transferring it as a hold item to the game you're playing. Job done, that's that, no cheating required.

And I want PP restoring items!!!

Last edited:
Re: Should we be able to buy master balls?

No because then people who have a lot of money could go buy 2 extras and that 3 masterballs!! it takes the fun (i mean deadliness XD) out of catching a mewtwo or ho oh

Masterballs, Rare Candies, TMs (I know it's available at the department stores, but I mean in every Poké Mart, with every TM)....

Can't think of anymore, but their at the top of my list.

While I don't want them to be actually buyable, I'd love the future games to make Apricorn Balls re-obtainable through some sort of a task, such as showing an NPC a Pokemon of a ceratin type or species, like in the Pokemon News Press in the Sinnoh games.

Definitely PP Maxes. It's so crucial in competitive Pokemon to max out your PP on every move which is such a colossal pain to do without PP Maxes. Back in the Gen 6-7 days I and most people would just hack in 999 PP Maxes and use them on our legit Pokemon. Never was a fan of hacking Pokemon but the exception was PP Maxes.

after going through sv, i feel even more so now that pokemon games should start selling apricorn balls. i know they're supposed to be rare, but make them expensive. like idk, 150k or 200k a pop, something that's not cheap in the slightest but enough so that they're still valuable and hard to get.

being "rich" in pokemon games isn't that hard but it should be a high enough price that it still retains its rarity and value.

Ethers! ETHERS!!

I've never understood why we can buy Revives anytime we want, but Ethers and Elixirs have never been purchasable in regular Poké Marts. Once you run out of the ones you find in the overworld, you have to rely on inconsistent, time-consuming methods of getting them like Pickup or Rock Smash. (Or if you're lucky, you can rack up enough BP/FC/Poké Miles to buy some... but no Max Ethers, and no Elixirs.)

I don't like having to ration my stock of Ethers/Elixirs throughout the game, and I especially hate having to become a Leppa Berry farmer just to restore my team's PP during something like the Elite Four. :c

Ethers! ETHERS!!

I've never understood why we can buy Revives anytime we want, but Ethers and Elixirs have never been purchasable in regular Poké Marts. Once you run out of the ones you find in the overworld, you have to rely on inconsistent, time-consuming methods of getting them like Pickup or Rock Smash. (Or if you're lucky, you can rack up enough BP/FC/Poké Miles to buy some... but no Max Ethers, and no Elixirs.)

I don't like having to ration my stock of Ethers/Elixirs throughout the game, and I especially hate having to become a Leppa Berry farmer just to restore my team's PP during something like the Elite Four. :c
I completely agree! I'm not a huge fan of berry farming since I'm pretty busy, and it was especially annoying how the plants would rot in older games.

We should be able to buy an endless amount of Rare Candies, Bottle Caps, Mints, PP Ups, PP Maxes, Heart Scales, and Vitamin Drinks (the Zinc, Carbon, Protein, etc) for cheap after the entire story of a Pokémon game is done. This and anything else possible to make building a team as efficient and effective as possible, like making Bottle Caps variable, having more to increase IVs by 1, 5, 10, or 15 on top of having just 31.

Master Balls, Rare Candies, one use TMs, some items that were only available once per game. Just high enough price and limited supply. Something similar to what Black City did but more generalised.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom