• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which underused type combinations should have more Pokemon?

i stand by my previous statement of an ice/poison mon being absolutely necessary
but i would like to add the following to my pool of absolutely necessary type combinations for upcoming gens:

• dragon/bug (and it's nuts to me that we don't already have one)
  • dragon/fairy (STILL nuts. no mega altaria doesn't count i want a dragon/fairy mon that isn't reliant on a generational gimmick to even exist please)
  • ground/fairy (certainly i am not weird for thinking this actually has serious potential)
  • fire/fairy (sheeer beat me to it but nah, i feel like this should've been a thing by now)

as for ones i would really enjoy seeing more of
  • electric/ghost (how is base rotom the only one of this??)
  • ghost/poison (once again, how is the gengar line the only one lol)
  • steel/ice (deserves to belong to a mon besides a regional form)
  • ice/fairy (read above)
  • ice/ghost (can you guess what type i just want to see a bit more of in general)
  • fairy/flying (seriously i feel like this shouldn't be as rare as it is)
  • pure flying (THIS DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T BE AS RARE AS IT IS)
  • psychic/dragon (i feel like this would make for a badass pseudolegendary)
  • fire/electric (this belongs on a starter. i will get a job at game freak and make it a starter)

i rest my case

Water/Fire - Volcanion is very disappointing for a Mythical, as it is ugly, has no backstory whatsoever, and can't learn Surf nor Waterfall for some reason. I'd like the next pseudo-legendary to not be a Dragon-type and have this typing instead.
Normal/Ground - never liked Diggersby, and Ursaluna isn't that amazing, either, regardless of the form.
Poison/Steel - Revavroom is so ugly and boring.
Bug/Psychic - really dislike both Rabsca and Orbeetle design-wise.
Bug/Dark - Lokix isn't as bad as the two Bug/Psychic-types, but still leaves much to be desired.
Normal/Poison - Grafaiai is ugly and creepy, and I even prefer Shroodle.
Ice/Fighting - Crabominable is so hideous and doesn't get Ice Shard nor Mach Punch to make up for its poor Speed.
Grass/Fairy - dislike all Pokemon with this typing design-wise, especially Shiinotic and Tapu Bulu.
Dark/Fairy - the Impidimp line is disappointing for me.

Steel/Dragon! All we have so far are Duraludon and Dialga. We need more!

Fairy/Dragon as well. Not much for that aside from... Mega Altaria?

Steel/Ghost is also lacking. I don't think I've seen Normal/Steel either.

That's Easy;

Bug/Dragon;

why haven't they made at least ONE Bug/Dragon Type Pokemon yet?!! That's literally the ONE type Combination of Pokemon I want more than any others!!

Seriously; why have they gone 9 WHOLE GENERATIONS with No Bug/Dragon type Pokemon?!!

We need more Ground/Fighting types (or Fighting/Ground Types). Both types are tied for the most amount of types they are super effective against with 5 each. As such, Great Tusk is strong against 8 types (This is due to Fighting and Ground being good against Rock and Steel).

Back
Top Bottom