• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Which version are you going to buy/would like to buy?

Which version are you going to buy?

• Pikachu

• Eevee

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
I'd have to wait and see more about differences between the two versions. I'm not too enthusiastic about using either starter much at all if they can't evolve, unless you have too- in which case I'd probably go with Pikachu.

Reaction score
I have both preordered already as I have bought the vast majority of the games over the years including all of the main ones and I have no plans to stop doing so anytime soon. They may not be the games I was expecting when they announced them but they look cool in their own right. I am just hoping that you can connect both games to a single Pokemon GO account and not just one or else it will be a tough choice picking which one to connect to my account.

#Shield
Reaction score
I have both preordered already as I have bought the vast majority of the games over the years including all of the main ones and I have no plans to stop doing so anytime soon. They may not be the games I was expecting when they announced them but they look cool in their own right. I am just hoping that you can connect both games to a single Pokemon GO account and not just one or else it will be a tough choice picking which one to connect to my account.
I always choose one, so it never crossed my mind, but that is a very good point/concern!

*surprise* "Vee!!"
Reaction score
going with the Eevee, I love it a lot more than Pikachu
in the trailers, playing with the Eevee looks so cute and adorable

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I'm choosing pikachu, despite pikachu can't evolve (or you can just catch another one in viridian forest), it's still strong, plus with eevee, eevee is the reason, it want to me to evolve it, so have it not to evolve either is a slap in face :(

Part Time Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I notice that this thread hasn't been created in this sub-forum so I am going to create it. :)

Personally, I am going to get the Eevee version because I think Eevee is cuter to have on a player's shoulder than Pikachu. Also, I just prefer Eevee. :)

What about you guys?
I'm still not sure if I'll buy the game. I'm not sure if I buy the game which it'll be. I think it depends on how different your starters are from their wild counterparts. If the starters are exactly the same (stats, moves, etc.) then I'll probably do eevee due to being able to catch pikachu's early in viridian forest (which would be able to evolve ie stronger than starter pikachu). If the starters are better than their wild counter parts (stronger stats, better movepool, etc) than I'll do Pikachu due to it being an early elemental pokeman compared to Eevee's neutral status.