• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
Destined for Greatness
Reaction score
Both :3

Generation 3 is my favorite generation and Hoenn is my favorite region so one game would not suffice. Though I always buy both games anyway xD

Glorious Goo
Reaction score
Gonna go with Alpha Sapphire if the version exclusives remain the same. Still might get it regardless since Sapphire was the game that got me back into pokemon.

Licensed Hunter
Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire! Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. Although I might get both at some point.

微笑みの光
Reaction score
Omega Ruby, in honor of my Ruby version. Also, Omega Ruby just sounds way cooler. Cheers!

(And come on poll, show some more Omega Ruby love!)

The Darkest Magikarp
Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire, assuming Ludicolo is exclusive to that game. It's been quite a long time since I had a Ludicolo, and this time I'm excited because I can use a physical Swords Dance set!

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire most likely will be my main game, but I plan on getting both.

Rainbows everywhere
Reaction score
Team Sapphire all the way!!! Just like back in the day.

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to get both like I always too. In fact, that tradition started with the original Ruby and Sapphire games. I still remember buying both games and getting those cool Groudon and Kyogre coins, which I still have too. Not only it's a tradition for me, but it started the original R/S, even though neither were my first Pokemon games, so I'm definitely going to buy both.

Lovely
Reaction score
OmegaRuby, because I like Groudon, and my first gen3 game was Ruby!

Dost thou talketh to me?
Reaction score
I want to get Omega Ruby, mainly because Ruby was my first Pokemon game, and I like Groudon. Eventually I may end up getting both games, but I'm not quite sure.

Reaction score
I'm starting with Alpha Sapphire. But I'll probably get Omega Ruby as well, a few months later.

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
Omega Ruby, if I had a choice. Ruby was the only Gen. III game I've never played. And I like the volcano demon hoodies better than pirates. If I want to play AlphaSapphire, I'll just convince my brother to buy it, then borrow the game when he gets bored of it.

Back to KM
Reaction score
Alpha Saphire, although knowing me ill get both plus the emerald remake

Dieter
Reaction score
Sapphire was my first, so for nostalgia reasons I'll get AlphaSapphire (plus more screen tine for Archie, who's way cooler than Maxie)

And possibly, very maybe, I might consider buying OmegaRuby as well, but I dunno yet (I kinda still have to upgrade to the 3DS, as I simply wasn't interested enough in XY to spend such a huge amount of money for one game)

misses Alola
Reaction score
I had/have Ruby, yet I want to get Alpha Sapphire this time. Assuming the version exclusive Pokémon are the same as in the originals.

Reaction score
I'm going to wait for more information before I decide.
A few people over here already mentioned the possibility that the clash between land and ocean will alter the landscape depending on the version (water drying up in Ruby, water flooding the land in Sapphire)
I think it is a good possibility and I'm going to wait which one will turn out to look better.