• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Which version will you buy?

Which version will you buy?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have preordered both copies. I always get both versions.

Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire. I never played the original games so my preference is based solely on liking the color blue. :D

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
Neither, as of right now. I never cared at all for gen 3, so I have no interest in these remakes. I could change my mind, but the chances of that are small, unfortunately. Waiting for an X/Y follow-up instead.

Cute yet deadly!
Reaction score
Sapphire because I like team aqua better then team magma, so its like this: team magma/omega ruby or team aqua/alpha sapphire, besides there has already been a fire team, team flare, so its also because to take a break from fire types

Reaction score
It looks like people decide on what they actually bought originally, and some piece is on legendaries. I was going not to buy any of those, as Hoenn is my less favourite region. Once I tried to play Emerald a couple of years ago, and truly Mudkip was my only Pokémon until I defeated Flannery. And then, I simply couldn't catch any Pokémon because Swampert was too high, and there was just no Pokémon that caught my attention first. So I may still count on not buying any, but those graphics really pisses me off in a good way. I'll be buying X or Y next month, then I'll try to decide if I buy.

Gone 5ever
Reaction score
Omega Ruby because of Politics and I like Groudon more.

Hoenn Again!
Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire definitely. Normally I decide on version exclusives and wait for those but I really like the cover and I prefer Kyogre to Groudon anyway.

Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire, as I had the original Sapphire version for the GBA. Since I also purchased both HG and SS, I'll consider buying Omega Ruby. Before doing that though, I should probably go out and buy that 3DS now... :loopy:

Team Rocket Grunt
Reaction score
I'll get Omega Ruby first, since I got Ruby first and I like Groudon better than Kyogre, but I'll get Alpha Sapphire at some point, too.

Professional Shitposter
Reaction score
I like Kyogre and some of Sapphire's exclusive Pokemon so I'll get Alpha Sapphire

(ノ^∇^)
Reaction score
Alpha Sapphire, I got a friend who is all ready getting Omega Ruby and I have always wanted to try Sapphire since I had Ruby as a kid.

Easily wears comfy shorts
Reaction score
Sapphire because I like team aqua better then team magma, so its like this: team magma/omega ruby or team aqua/alpha sapphire, besides there has already been a fire team, team flare, so its also because to take a break from fire types
Team Magma is a ground type team.

ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀᴄǫᴜɪʀᴇᴅ
Reaction score
Once again Sapphire is more popular this time around. Why is that? Or does this question warrant its own thread?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
And Team Flare, despite the name, suits and background intro, werent really fiery at all apart from Malva.
They used mainly Dark and Poison. Off the top of my head only Fire I remember them using was Houndoom ie Dark/Fire

Ninja Hugs
Reaction score
I'm getting Alpha Sapphire because damn, Team Aqua is looking pretty badass now.

Easily wears comfy shorts
Reaction score
And Team Flare, despite the name, suits and background intro, werent really fiery at all apart from Malva.
They used mainly Dark and Poison. Off the top of my head only Fire I remember them using was Houndoom ie Dark/Fire
Exactly. So in reality, there really hasent been any fire type teams.

The Fluffy
Reaction score
I prefer Kyogre, Seviper, Sapphires in general. Also, I sympathise a bit more with Team Magma, while I find Team Aqua to be a more crazy-villainous so I'd prefer to fight them. Also also, both the people I know who are buying this game are getting OR. Seems all the signs are point to Sapphire for me.